Gnomeregan is a Step Back

You seem to forget that SoD is season 2. SoM was season 1.

We have an entire season of evidence that it is possible to improve the designs of raid bosses in a way that still feels like classic. All of those bosses you mentioned were improved in SoM in a way that I enjoyed.

Lmfao everyone cleared naxx pal. It’s not hard. It was the most challenging for classic and its still sleeper af

Honestly no. The problem with expansions was invalidation of the old world and constant gear bloat. They can turn it around this time. Alot of classic stuff sucked.

You don’t like the group talent compositions yet the runes have done exactly that. Meme specs are now viable. Should we delete the runes? I think you just want to play classic + similar to turtle wow. And tbh dude that exists. This is trying to be something different.

Yeah it was a joke. Everyone playing during classic 2019 had full t3. My literal character I’m replying with was full t3 2 months in

um, do you need me to repost the stats again?

1 Like

never played retail past wrath if retail mechanics just means slightly challenging mechanics i’m all for it. personally crowd pummeler is my favorite boss. always funny seeing people get knocked off.

There should be punishing mechanics that will wipe your raid if people aren’t doing them and exercising personal responsibility.

They explicitly abandoned this philosophy during shadowlands.

These are not real statistics… The ironforge.pro and Wille video showed how many cleared and did naxx. I should have known when you posted me a statistics link to some idiot who just stated nonsense. Lmfao

I don’t think your statistics from original Vanilla are going to hold much of any weight here. Even the worst players today would run circles around most players back in 2006

oh they’re real :expressionless:

1 Like

One more thing to note on this topic. Som was a failure. Sod is a success. It’s just that simple man the market for retail lite is just better than a classic +. I’m here for it. Tbh classic + would suck coming from blizzard. Turtle wow did a great job. Check that server out if you want real classic + dude.

I’m done dude. They’re not 2019 naxx stats they’re irrelevant to the modern player of today. Everyone has full t3. Naxx isn’t hard.

not rly a fair comparison. som was just horrible timing. people were playing tbc then.

1 Like

Fair. I’ll give that up. Tbc was in full swing. Although if people wanted specifically classic tbc wouldn’t be as popular

This is a completely different tangent.

TBC had strict group requirements (must have enhancement spec shaman in a melee group or else melee are basically worthless) - there is nothing like that in SoD.

In SoD, you can drop a feral druid in the melee group for wild strikes, or you can use a resto shaman for windfury. Could even have an elemental shaman because SoD doesn’t have an essential air totem for casters. You don’t NEED an enhancement spec shaman with months worth of enhancement-only gear in your group to function.

So…you want a raid full of tank and spank fights? Just stand there and nuke the boss?

I mean.

You’re getting MC at 60. Relax.

sigh… truly has 0 idea what retail mechanics actually are. anything thats not a tank and spank i guess is retail now :man_shrugging: its funny how many retail players laugh at statements like this. u have 0 idea what ur talking about

Naxx40 has only one out of 15 bosses as a tank-and-spank fight (Patchwerk) but the mechanics are true to classic.

The mechanics of SoD Gnomeregan are not true to classic. They belong in retail.

Not hard to understand.

2 Likes

That’s retail, not classic. Not even the same genre of video game, and different dev teams. Everything about retail is the epitome of what not to do for classic, the vast majority of classic players exclusively play classic and left that sinking ship in cataclysm.