GM: "Don't use *HARDWARE* input broadcasting to multibox, either, if you care about your account."

See, you prove my point.

I said good day sir.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/gm-dont-use-hardware-input-broadcasting-to-multibox-either-if-you-care-about-your-account/827415
The only actionable information provided by your post is that Blizzard needs to reconsider with whom it contracts for customer service. The grammar and spelling mistakes in those GM replies are reminiscent of the Nigerian prince who used to contact me about laundering money for him.

2 Likes

I’m with you in wishing for the old Blizz customer care, with actual GMs answering questions in chat. And yeah it’s clear that English isn’t their first language. But it’s also clear that at least some line GMs in January 2021 – who are the ones who answer tickets and uphold or reverse account actions – are not in line with the November 2020 statement by forum community manager Vrakthris that “no other restrictions have been announced regarding hardware.”

GMs appear to believe that since the hardware that does input broadcasting performs the same functions as software input broadcasting and in fact contains embedded software that the restriction on software input broadcasting carries over to hardware input broadcasting as well.

Which seems reasonable to me. Blizzard instituted this policy change in order to fight against “botting and automated gameplay.” It seems reasonable that if software is not running on your PC but is embedded into a piece of hardware, that shouldn’t prevent input broadcasting from being actioned for botters and those trying to automate gameplay.

I’m with you on that one. I’m personally not fussed by players with multiple accounts on /follow who tab between wow instances to do stuff. But the next herd of druids that stripmines a node I see? I’m reporting them.

You are wrong. Most every piece of hardware ever made has some software logic built into it, but this is undetectable from software running at the OS level and is not defined as against the rules by Blizzard’s statement. The only thing that is in violation right now is software broadcasting this is something that runs as an application at the OS level and is detectable.

2 Likes

The easiest fix is to put a cap on all crafting materials at 100% vendor price. :laughing: The only 100% fix to git rid of all those terrible bots and multi boxers and with it all you price gouging AH rip off artists.

Are even aware that hardware broadcasting existed way before the software came along? Boxers ARE NOT jumping to hardware options to circumvent the rules, they are RETURNING the old way (which, AFAIK, was never actioned upon).

Which can’t be proven is real

And you keep randomly reporting people if that’s what you choose

No he’s saying hardware has embedded software therefore hardware multiboxing is using input broadcasting software which it’s not.

Also good morning everyone, just rolled out of bed, looking forward to another fun filled 16 hours on the forums :smiley:

Yeah that’s not gonna happen lol, players are far more annoying now and will what-if Blizz to death.

But not who make policy

Good thing their opinions don’t matter then

Then someone will correct them :slight_smile:

Seems like that’s wrong according to the blue post anyone can find here on the forums

1 Like

Drivers do no input broadcast. Otherwise your mouse and keyboard would be bannable too.

Looks like you and few others missed your technologies classes and just went straight on into your own alternate reality.

2 Likes

Judging by the tickets not being answered or the very bad spelling and grammar, I’m fairly certain Blizzard uses the same outsourced support service as Comcast.

This.

Something weird has to be going on here. There’s no way someone can read

And think to themselves “Hmm :thinking: that includes embedded software on hardware as well”

3 Likes

Do you even TRY to learn about what you’re arguing about?

To be official they really need post this on the forum, reddit, or to social media.

1 Like

No clarification is needed.

Hardware boxing existed when WoW was new. And, surprise, it was allowed. AND HAS BEEN SINCE, regardless of the tinfoilarmy’s need for “clarification”. No changes, AFAIK, to their policy as far as hardware boxing - in 15 years.

INPUT BROADCASTING SOFTWARE IS BANNED, NOT HARDWARE. NO FURTHER CLARIFICATION IS NEEDED BECAUSE NO CHANGE WAS MADE IN REGARDS TO HARDWARE.

2 Likes

I wonder if they’ll ban Organic Multiboxing, where a bunch of human players team together to complete a task faster?

If you think blizzard banning software means they ban only software they can detect and undetectable stuff is okay then that’s truly one of the hilarious example of copium addiction I’ve seen.

The line GMs – the ones actioning your account appeals or reversing them – seem to believe that if input broadcasting hardware mimics the function of input broadcasting software, then to work against botting and automated gameplay, it doesn’t matter if the software is running on your PC or embedded on a controller in the hardware.

If you’re so confident then feel free to file a ticket asking if your hardware input broadcasting is within the rules. Post that on the forums. I bet you’ll get lots of praise from boxers.

It works the other way. Nothing can be proven innocent. You have to prove it’s faked.

No, not randomly reporting people. Just the ones performing simultaneous coordinated actions on npcs and resource nodes.

so you posted that here as well? that would also get rid of people posting auctions on the auction house because who the hecks wants to waste time farming ore and herbs for a couple of silver.

Their interpretation of rules does and they seem to be ruling against ruleslawyering boxers, unfortunately.

is your fervent hope and prayer

good thing that the customer care spends time going through locked forum posts from November 2020. (you hope).

except the line GMs who uphold or reverse account actions seem to believe that there’s no difference between hardware and software input broadcasting. I love the smell of all-caps copium in the morning. You know what you would do if you were actually as confident as you are fronting? you’d file a ticket describing your hardware input broadcasting setup and asking them if it was actionable. But you won’t do that because you’re scared that they won’t be impressed by your all-caps “SANTA IS REAL SANTA IS REAL” type cope.

I’ll wait