GM: "Don't use *HARDWARE* input broadcasting to multibox, either, if you care about your account."

https://imgur.com/a/R7X0emI

Redacted screencap of conversation with GM. Pretty clear as can be that yes, all input broadcasting hardware operates because of embedded software (which it does) and hence is liable to account action.

I will continue to report any multiboxer appearing to be using synchronised actions. Toons on follow clearly not hoovering up resources using input broadcasting idc about.

Please note, this is not a post discussing disciplinary action and hence does not violate the Forum CoC.

post-flagging edit: How is this trolling? There’s significant discussion on the forums about multiboxing in response to the recent policy change. You can check my account’s tickets and see that the ticket US77561154 is genuine and that while I’ve redacted the names of the GMs and the software, everything else is exactly as it should be.

It’s in the player interest that the position of WoW GMs is clarified on this issue and that’s precisely what I’ve done.

138 Likes

You go girl.

14 Likes

I mean that does make sense though. Hardware that emulates the software is… nearly no different than the actual software. Just means MBers have to be more cautious with this weird grey area.

19 Likes

Sounds like a good use of your free time.

15 Likes

Just report and let Blizzard gms sort out which ones are using software. In the worst case they’ll ban a multiboxxer that’s not using it, which is also a win for me.

20 Likes

I’m sure Blizz appreciates his labor as an unpayed GM.

They have single handedly stopped all mutli-boxing in the game.

6 Likes

Okay. I’m not sure why this needed a thread?

14 Likes

Because…

https://youtu.be/9jWGbvemTag

17 Likes

ROFLMAO!!! :rofl:

2 Likes

I don’t believe that a private conversation with a GM (especially this one, which is rather vague) is at all enforceable to the general public. I would be interested to see an official post allowing or disallowing hardware as a means of input broadcasting, though.

Less grey :slight_smile: :+1:

13 Likes

Fixed that for you.
Hardware multiplexers use hardware switches not software.

12 Likes

I can see the fun/efficiency of multiboxing, but I would never try to defend it to regular players, because I would have the self-awareness to realize it was cheating. These days it seems “cuz i like it” is considered an argument.

17 Likes

Still one of the worst Sci-Fi movies ever made.

4 Likes

report all multi-boxers on sight!

17 Likes

And by worst you clearly mean “so bad it loops back around to AMAZING!!!”

22 Likes

They really should just ban anything that coordinates inputs altogether at this point. I think they will get there eventually. It’s not hard to tell if all of these inputs are coming from the same place at the same time, even if it was done via mechanical switches instead of software or some hardware box with a chip inside and multiple ports.

5 Likes

My heartfelt condolences on your taste.

Not all of us can handle the awesomeness that is Bruce Willis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nah_3vO0uhM

29 Likes

LOL I want to see how your electric circuits connect a keyboard and a mouse to 5 USB Host Controllers (do you even know what those are?) without software.

(assuming you’re not using diesel, clockwork, pneumatics or hydraulics)

The copium overdose has addled your senses.

16 Likes

Report them all

8 Likes

It doesn’t and based on that image it’s clear even Blizz doesn’t realize it doesn’t lol

2 Likes