Glyph of the Geist not working with unholy dk

Attempting to use the Glyph of the Geist on the unholy death knight doesn’t work. I have tried a multitude of ways to remedy this like turning all my add ons off but nothing seems to work. Through a lot of testing my friend did we have found out that it still lets you apply the glyph on the blood dk spec. Our best guess is because the raise dead spell for unoly is considered a different spell technically since the unholy dk’s raise dead doesnt have a duration like the other specs.

14 Likes

Having exact same issue.

9 Likes

Same here!

(also tried Glyph of the Skeleton, same deal)

9 Likes

Likely because “Raise Dead” is replaced by “Raise Dead” when you talent into the permanent pet in unholy, and they were too stupid to make the glyph usable on both after some minor change.

8 Likes

Just realized that when I attempt to apply it, “Epidemic” is highlighted in the spellbook. Attempted to inscribe it there out of curiosity and got a “That glyph cannot be inscribed there.” message.

5 Likes

Having the same issue, hopefully they fix it soon. Has anyone received a response from support yet?

5 Likes

Just want to add that I am having the same issue. Ive attempted with and without mods.

5 Likes

same issue. blizzard?

4 Likes

Happening on my DK as well. Also happens with Glyph of Winged Vengeance with Paladins and Crusade, because the spell gets ‘replaced’ as stated above.

4 Likes

I am also having the same issue. I can get it to work on frost. Also noticed a post saying that they cant get the ork undead to spawn in army of the dead in regards of obtaining the hidden artifact skin “The Bonereaver’s Hook”. I wonder if that talent effects all the ghouls

2 Likes

Same issues here

3 Likes

Same issue as well, past month now

3 Likes

I am also having the same issue. I am going to write a ticket.

5 Likes

Still doesn’t work.

3 Likes

Still not working during War Within early access. All addons disabled, base UI.

3 Likes

same as everyone else here, this is still not working. hope it gets fixed soon.

3 Likes

I contacted blizzard support, and this is what they had to say after 3 days of waiting time:

This is GM Ghiilyx, pleased to be of assistance today!

I’ve read through your ticket and understand that you’re having trouble removing a glyph on your Raise Dead spell.

First of all, if you wish to remove a glyph, you may try the standard steps first:

1. Buy Vanishing Powder from a vendor {[wowhead link here]} 2. Right click on the Vanishing Powder item in your inventory. This will open your spell book and highlight all the spells you have previously applied glyphs to
  2. Click on the spell you wish to remove the glyph from; you will receive a confirmation window before the glyph is removed. The Vanishing Powder will be consumed in the process

Note: If you applied the glyph to a spell that you later replaced with a talent, you must first remove the talent and restore the original spell. For example, if you are a Paladin, and you have replaced Avenging Wrath with Avenging Crusader, you won’t be able to remove the Glyph of Winged Vengeance unless you remove the Avenging Crusader talent first. Removing the talent will require you to be in a resting area or spend a Tome of the Tranquil Mind. {[wowhead link here]}
If you tried all of the above and you still cannot remove a glyph, you may have a damaged UI element or addon: please reset your UI. {[battlenet support post link here]}
In the case that the above steps were unable to resolve you issue, you may have experienced a new in-game bug. The next step we would recommend is to submit a bug report on your issue, as unfortunately we cannot offer solutions or workarounds to new issues. All reports are reviewed periodically by our developers, however, due to the volume of inquiries we receive, our development team may not offer a personalized response to each report.

Submit a bug report in World of Warcraft:
{[bug report blizzard link here]}
Warm regards,
GM Ghiilyx (b ᵔ▽ᵔ)b

I’m just disappointed on how outdated this semi-automated response is, suggesting the use of Tome of Tranquil Mind in 2024 TWW. Blizzard support is dead and we unholy dks are out of luck it seems.

3 Likes

yeah…blizzard really doesnt care about old content anymore it seems

i’ve been playing shadowlands and non stop bugged quest after bugged quest. had to restart them alot.

so Glyphs being a dead system…sadly not surprising

4 Likes

Hallelujah brother! You are preaching to the choir on this one.

All their time and money is spent on the fixing the latest buggy expansion .

3 Likes

Just doing my part to keep this thread relevant. Not working for me either. I want my one-eyed boy :frowning:

#makeglyphsgreatagain

4 Likes