Glyph of the Geist not working with unholy dk

So I think I figured this out. I reset my talents and did NOT pick the raise dead talent, skipped over it. I then successfully applied the glyph to raise dead spell. Reset my talents and selected the raise dead spell in UH tree and it worked. Geist summoned. It seems you can only apply it to the original form of the spell. I dismissed and resummoned, logged and resummoned, so far so good, still working.

4 Likes

I’ve played this game for over a decade, and this is my 1st post. I’m using it to tell you, that you are amazing! Such a quick simple fix at the bottom of a small thread. I appreciate you so much! Worked like a charm!

3 Likes

It won’t let me clear my talents to do this, how did you do it

3 Likes

On talents page click the red slashed out circle at the bottom of page, and clear all talents.

2 Likes

Unholy DKs cannot skip over it.

4 Likes

We can’t skip over it as an unholy its pretty much required

4 Likes

You skip it once, learn the glyph, then reset talents and take that talent.

2 Likes

you cant skip it as unholy…

5 Likes

I love that there’s a work around for Frost and Blood it just won’t work for Unholy. I can believe this is still a issue after this long smh. Also that auto response from Blizzard was a joke. Its a shame.

4 Likes

Yeah made a new dk for alliance and have the same issue but my orc dk is lucky that he already had the glyph of gheist. Seems like a very big oversight changing spells and not glyphs, might as well make dk pets like warlocks where we can change them at the barber.

2 Likes

I’m not understanding why people are saying you can’t skip this as unholy. I just did this on an unholy DK yesterday. It is the raise dead spell in the UH tree that you skip over, not the Death Knight tree. Learn the glyph, then redo talents and select the raise dead spell in the UH tree.

2 Likes

Still doesn’t work. I cleared all talents to include the UH Raise the dead. I went to spell book. I clicked on my Glyph of the Geist. The pointing hand glowed. I picked on Raise Dead. The only thing that happened was it showed me Raise Dead on my action. I tried again and summoned my ghoul.

I think when one clicks on a glyph, the spell in the book changes color to show you where it is at. My doesn’t.

3 Likes

You cannot learn the glyph while you have the raise dead talent taken in the UH tree. This is why you need to redo your talents (temporarily) and not pick that spell in the UH tree. When you have done so, learn the glyph, then redo your talents and select raise dead in the UH tree. You will have your geist after that. This is exactly what I did on my DK.

2 Likes

I now see the issue. If you are too high of a level this will not work because you are forced to take this talent at a certain point. I was not max level when I did this, so this only works for low level characters :frowning:

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I did. " I cleared all talents to include the UH Raise the dead. I went to spell book. I clicked on my Glyph of the Geist" I never imported any talent points at all.

3 Likes

For reference, I think I was about level 15 or so when I did this, so you would have to learn it early on, otherwise its too late. Hopefully this new bump in conversation will lead to a fix at some point from Blizzard :frowning:

4 Likes

Thanks for the help. I wonder if being a remix DK and not going through the opening scenario would have anything to do with it?

3 Likes

I think it depends on what level you are, because once you start having a lot of talents to fill in you hit the bottleneck where you can’t go any further without selecting that talent. This method only works for low level characters who haven’t hit that threshold yet. Its something, but obviously not good for those of us that have leveled up already.

3 Likes

She is a level 45. I was able to install the glyph on her blood specialization and it worked fine.

3 Likes

But it does not work when you switch to UH spec right?

4 Likes