Glad is not free this season

100% this.

Might have to send the lower CR ques to get reps in and have your time not be wasted

Problem is that playing with people who are lower cr generally means they are going to be lower mmr as well. Will lose more mmr from losses than you gain from wins while playing above the average party mmr. Just a recipe to tank mmr. Need to find a team to continuously play with, which isn’t easy if you’re not a very nice person.

2 Likes

So then the angle is don’t be a sucky person and find a consistent team to q interesting well swole gl champ I’ll pour one out for you since you keep tanking on this easy dps spec and I’ll be surprised if you manage to get glad with or without swiping ye ol credit card

:dracthyr_lulmao:

It isn’t easy period. In two expacs I have filled my bBnet list, I have only 10 active prospects still in s4.

1 Like

I’ll be your friend if you carry me to glad

1 Like

I feel like most “glad isn’t free” type posts come after a huge cr tank which obviously hurts the mental but those q sessions are really good for analyzing mistakes you’re making to come back stronger than ever

5 Likes

so you mean every third game is a free win

Yeah same here. Like, I can’t carry people 100-200 points less. It’s either be cool with the best players in their cabal or you don’t get to play.

I’m not sure about what specifically you’re referring to, but I don’t think this is a fair blanket statement at all.

I think that a lot of players genuinely DO believe that anyone can get glad and be successful. Everyone can always improve and do better, even R1s and glads.

I got glad my first season playing and I think that every single player could do the same. I’m not any faster or better at pushing buttons than anyone else, I just learned what to press when and what not to press.

I think that some people are definitely more toxic than they need to be, but I also think that an overwhelming majority of forum commenters complain more about class balance than learning to play. I also think it’s okay to be annoyed to someone who would rather complain than try to help themselves.

I firmly believe that legitimate help is always available on the forums for those interested in asking.

2 Likes

For someone who knows as much about the brain and cognitive issues this is an nuts take.

You don’t think that someone for example, who has trouble tracking multiple objects at once, or has memory issues for day CD timing etc. Won’t be SEVERLY hampered?

Not to say those prevent, but EVERYONE could get glad? Really?

Let alone ya know…light sensitivity, difficulty differentiating noise, a stutter for comms? Let’s not even start on things like stress responses and performance anxiety.

Yeah.

If they really tried/cared and were alright about learning.

3 Likes

I think people that have mental and physical variance that falls well outside of the norm, this is a fully insane thing to say and speaks to how deep in the coolaid y’all are.

It’s very obvious the most important skill for arena is just being able to follow a lot of information at once. Ie. Positioning, cds, and dr. That is not a commonly tested or developed skill, and definitely can not be broadly developed in everyone to meaningfully compete against others such that you fall into the top, let’s say, 5%

People with autism and severe mental issues are generally the ones who can create the most impact on people in environments they shouldn’t succeed in.

What’s different from gaming and that

My biggest issue is that people are saying that’s it’s free. The players at 2400 are very good. They’re not all Cdews or Pikaboos, but they are good players, with good fundamentals. And then you get the occasional r1/booster teams who will break apart your LFG team in one game. And then it’s back to 2 hours in LFG.

At least in shuffle you can climb on your own to the highest of ratings and play against big names like Pikaboo, Sterge, Foxy, Metaphors, and a bunch of lesser known R1s; AND you get to actually play the game, without having to deal with the politics of the PvP community.

Much like a gladiator should be lol

3 Likes

Which goes back to, glad is not free this season.

ya it is q up

I believe word usage on the forums gets a little exaggerative. Free = easier than some seasons.