Giving blood elves a black skin tone is a bit lazy

I’m not upset in fact if you took time to look I’m very welcoming of more options it doesn’t bother me. Don’t make me into an adversary to suit your purposes. I’m just suggesting you pay attention more and maybe you’ll understand the topic better.

You’ll have to explain to me how you don’t understand where the people complaining are coming from however… It’s pretty much self evident… Are you actively ignoring them or are you really not sure what they are on about? Because if you are unsure should take time to read and understand than jumping to your own conclusions. That’s reasonable and fair to do.

They have and they exist and now we have dark skinned blood elves

Look we just found a bunch of blood elves that really like sitting out in the sun

Or maybe they just decided to magically infuse tanning lotion and went a few shades too dark and now just have to live with it

I don’t recall but people keep listing it and others keep dismissing it.

People keep pointing to an official blizzard statement that the lore team was consulted and people keep dismissing it because ‘that blue isn’t good enough.’

Moved goalposts and cherry picking from people triggered about the shattering of their pale elf fantasy.

I’m ignoring it because I don’t care

You can’t use a source if you don’t know it man… that’s source listing 101.

Find me a source where blizzard explicitly says no brown elves can exist.

1 Like

Actually people who are the bigests fans of this game and his universe. Go to play Final Fantasy or something like that.

illidan also died at Black Temple
but lore was changed then too, who cares

I always wonder if all these people pitched a fit at:

a) 50s Bible epics using all white anglo-saxons for Ancient Egyptians
b) Hollywood casting anglo-saxons as Ancient Egyptians and Mediterranean Greeks
c) humans in Stranglethorn Vale being light skinned

etc.

3 Likes

If you were a blue post or a dev tweet, I’d be satisfied.

Find me a source where blizzard explicitly says Sylvanas isn’t Queen of the Alliance.

Here it is. Devi.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Devi

Show me a source that depicts them as being brown? I can show you a source of them looking pale. Observe.

crud I can’t post screenshots here. Just google Blood Elf. It’s pretty visually coehesive.

Oh you found your source. That’s actually really good.

:thinking:

Simple, these skin tones don’t need some convoluted explanation.

Darker skin tones were always a thing in lore.

It’s such a small detail in the lore, shadowlands is finally giving it to us.

There is no reason why we cannot have this.

4 Likes

I bet I’m a bigger fan than your friends.

3 Likes

I’m already welcome to customization options. However what has taken people so long to drag out to this topic after 180+ posts was this gem.

wow_gamepedia.com/Devi (I can’t post links - actual instance of a dark skinned Blood Elf)

this is what you needed to bring to the table if you did that nicely and politely. Along with your own two cents about how more character customization options is a good thing I’d be right on board with what you had to say. It’s the approach I take issue with. Nothing else.

Says something, walks it back immediately and say it’s not a bad thing and saying it’s not your intention to offend.

Now that is lazy.

Back on topic: IDC. They can be whatever they want to be. This is a fantasy game. The rules are made up.

1 Like

Is this canon?

They could give them nothing. Is that less lazy? Let people have black skin tone options for both sides…

2 Likes

But diversity is good, nothing lazy about it.

1 Like

Not yet. The poster hasn’t cared to address it , or other official lore that invalidates their view though.

2 Likes