Giving blood elves a black skin tone is a bit lazy

because blizzard totally doesnt constantly change the lore whenever it suits them. i’m amazed that people actually get bothered by this.

1 Like

You’re just going to take one line from everything I said and dissect it?

Humans have things Blood Elves don’t currently have, which helps their appeal–if they didn’t have all of their diversity–shape, size, colours, looks–, they’d literally just be ugly Blood Elves(on a physical level).

Nooooo, how dare my elves be capable of tanning!

3 Likes

If you wish to play a dark skinned hero then the alliance is for you …

Blizzard: Hold on… https://www.wowhead.com/news=311958/new-blood-elf-character-customization-options-in-shadowlands#screenshots:311958:29

So we’re just ignoring Norse mythology now? dark elves are not evil there

3 Likes

No its you being a bigot.
Across many mthologies elves vary in appearance.

12 Likes

I am speaking to relevant facts here, not picking and choosing, and trying to understand your perspective.

You are asserting that blood elves had things that humans did not prior to this extensive customization. I am stating that I don’t understand this because Blood Elves at their inception had pale skin tones that humans did.

I am not understanding your reasoning. What is changing now?

The Darker skin tones were never removed, what happened was that the lighting engine changed, making the once darker skin tones appear more pale and washed out.

3 Likes

Humans had way more going for them than just that, though. Now with Blood Elves getting everything Humans are getting, they’re literally just going to be a way cooler version of humans.

Humans had way more going for them than just that, though.

Such as?

Now with Blood Elves getting everything Humans are getting, they’re literally just going to be a way cooler version of humans.

Again, this has always been the case. They were the Horde’s version of humans. First race to be paladin, stand upright, etc.

1 Like

Gee trying to include some minor inclusive options to a made up fantasy world

Isn’t there something more game breaking to complain about

7 Likes

Just because blizzcon showed the new human skin color options first doesnt’ mean they’re giving something to Blood Elves that belonged to humans.

5 Likes

This is what I am not getting. Up until now, they’ve essentially been equivalent counterparts to each other. And in SL, that theme is continuing with both races getting more customization.

So I don’t understand the point there.

1 Like

Still wrong. The lore is there, I’m not going to waste time regurgitating it for you but you can look it up yourself.

It’s incredibly weird for Elves, yes, though in the end it is just a cosmetic choice for each player. Big deal.

One has always been there and been a part of the lore, the other hasn’t. My dwarf hunter on classic is black
Not saying I have a problem with black elves (besides the fact that there’s no afro option), but a lore explanation would be nice.
I mean, they went through the trouble of saying that darker humans come from STV and Tel’abim. No reason they couldn’t say something about sin’dorei too.

There are thousands of other threads doing just that.
You just decided to click on this one.

/summons popcornwell

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

This thread will end well.

1 Like

They basically only had one skin colour and a few hair colours to choose from though. If you wanted to play them to emulate a human, you had to be emulating a very specific one, which meant actual humans were still the best choice to go for playing a human. Now with them getting everything a human has, they’re pretty much Horde humans.

And again, I don’t care that much about them getting more human choices. There doesn’t need to be an explanation or lore reason for it. I think they look amazing with their new customization. But they could have been given different stuff instead of options that take away from what the humans have going for them. They have Dark Rangers, regular Rangers, Blood Knights and plenty of other things they could have added for Blood Elf customization.

They pretty much had every kind of IRL humans to play as, meaning more reasons to play an actual human instead of a Blood Elf.

There was zero reason they should’ve made the orcs hunch to begin with. Or male undead for that matter.

1 Like