Giving blood elves a black skin tone is a bit lazy

I guess you could say it was a… bottom text

1 Like

I can’t stand brainwashed dullards who accuse people of being racist for having different perspectives.

15 Likes

I just read your post and headed to wowhead to check if it was true, this was posted 2 minutes ago lol.

2 Likes

Genetics = / = species.

I really dont understand why skin color bothers people so much. Want a lore reason? Genetic mutation and fel mutation caused dark skin. Bam. Reason.

10 Likes

How about just thinking that there was a group of elves somewhere who lived in a warmer climate and contributed a darker skintone to the racial appearance. Not every iota of WoW’s story has been told in minutae. That’s why we have RP, to fill in our own personal take on WoW’s story.

6 Likes

Suspend your disbelief. There is nothing wrong with a darker skin color option.

14 Likes

A black-blue skinned Highborne drinks Sunwell juice. Turns into a black-brown skinned High Elf. Passes said trait on to descendants. Now what? Just because you never saw it in the game before, does NOT mean they do not exist. Geez people.

8 Likes

Why is there no lore for Gilneas and Kul Tirans being the skin tone they are?

Why do darker skin tones need lore to justify/validate them?

Can someone please explain?

8 Likes

I welcome the change. To me it is a visual symptom of mutation.

Perhaps the curse of flesh is beginning to behave erratically now that the Old Gods hold no permanent purchase over Azeroth.

2 Likes

Imagine being mad that elves have black skin tones lol. Forbid an elf of all things could have an ebony skin tone.

4 Likes

I’m all for the idea, and I think they look amazing with dark skin. BUt in saying that, I think it’s kind of taking away from the human stuff. Like, what’s the point of playing a human if you can just roll a prettier, cooler version of them. They have everything humans have now, and I think it’s a little strange. But… also at the same time, I really love the way it looks and I’m happy it’s a thing.

2 Likes

There are no humans on the Horde? What are you talking about?

3 Likes

People play whatever they want. I think kultirans are awful and we already have humans that looks prettier than them. People still play kultirans.

4 Likes

Doesn’t matter.

You want black blood elf lore? A blood elf shagged a black human, the end.

Want black skin lore for Dwarves, Humans and Gnomes? They were robots and rocks cursed by a magic squid, your real world genetics need not apply.

3 Likes

They look basically identical to humans. Look at Wrathion. He’s using their rig with smaller ears, and he’s the kind of human everyone would love to play as.

I honestly don’t have a problem with it for any other reason than that, and even then, I don’t even really consider it a ‘problem’. I just think it’s taking something away from Humans.

1 Like

This concern would apply since their inception in TBC, which was 13 years ago, though?

2 Likes

Having a problem with a black skin tone and a hang up over it, is the same as having a problem with a white skin tone and a hang up over it. Neither outmoded mentality has a place in this day and age, and those that espouse such views should be disregarded equally for dwelling in the past.

A Blood Elf with dark skin has the same heritage as a Blood Elf with pale skin.

Both are exiles of the Highborne that now dwell in Silvermoon. This is not Earth. /TheEnd

7 Likes

Even traditional elves in fantasy have dark skintones from time-to-time, it doesn’t need an explanation, and its 100% fine to have more variety to appearances.

5 Likes

Well the answer your your why play a Human question is pretty simple.

Humans and Elves have entirely different fantasies to them. Not everyone plays a character purely for the looks.

1 Like

I’ve never argued for or against high elves on the alliance. But thanks for generalizing me. Lore has never been a barrier to me, I don’t care much for lore and would prefer factions to not exist anyway