Giving blood elves a black skin tone is a bit lazy

kul tirans are human, so it makes sense.

gnomes and dwarves were afflicted by the curse of flesh, so it could be because of that, though it still came out of left field. probably shouldn’t have been done, but when they were both afflicted by the curse of flesh like humans were, then it’s more understandable.

elves were not afflicted by it, they were forcibly evolved from trolls due to the well.

Okay. That’s good enough. We have dark night elves already. What’s the problem?

Again in world of warcraft, elves have a certain skin tone because of magical influences.
Nothing in the present lore can justify the existence of dark elves… but it’s possible to add a line or two with a NPC telling us where they come from.

Problem solved.

1 Like

A drow type elf would have been cool. I guess we got void elves instead.

Oh, we can’t? Because there are a lot of minorities, some of which are in this feed, who completely disagree.

So maybe you can’t be, but I can, surely.

Subatomic brains? You seem to be the only person here lacking in any form of intelligence. Last time I checked my points were clear, my sentences were punctuated and you were the only person here missing the both my point and grammar lessons.

Don’t turn a debate into something it doesn’t need to be.

The issue with brown elves is pretty sus.

4 Likes

well, i’ve said they could clarify it that way and give an in-universe explanation, rather than simply doing it with no explanation.

like i said, purple nelf -> pinkish helf, blue nelf -> darker helf.

nobody complained about white elves, ie blood elves.

2 Likes

I’m not against lore. It would be nice, but it’s not entirely necessary to explain something that should have been present all along.

You do not need to add an excuse or a separate group of people to include stuff like skin tones. No one ever asked for the new lore of night elf skin tones? Why is it only a problem with blood elves? Is it because they look like real human skin tones? The low key racism in this thread is ridiculous.

10 Likes

That’s actually a good point. There were a lot of skin tones added without explanation. Most of which no one has issues with.

You have to think of it like the skin tones always existed. It’s an update to the ingame available options. Not as something that suddenly appeared. No one asks for such things for the other races.

2 Likes

This.

It’s a fantasy game. If you’re playing a race that can have caucasian skin tones, give it the whole gamut of human features and be done with it.

Races like vulpera, goblins, tauren, trolls, draenei, night elves, etc. are decidedly not human, though. If the race can only be varying shades of green, blue, or different fur colors, don’t worry about it.

4 Likes

What a pathetic and useless necro.

4 Likes

Black Elves Matter!!!:fist:t6:

2 Likes

The blood elves were kinda on that path when they came out… now we got pink Draenei :sob:

While it is true that Elves are the Evee’s of WoW, the darker tones can be fully natural.

My only gripe about the change is we -have- seen darker skinned elves before, but they were Kael’s forces… so some kinda representation outside of the almost a demon group of elves would have been nice with the change.

1 Like

I like the dark colored elves a lot, they look cool with the contrast of their eyes and hair colors. Basically every other customization option given to them was super lazy… because it was next to nothing. They still all look the exact same…

Like the gnomes and Pandaren. Not a whole lot was given to them.

i would unironically be happier if they would have changed the entire race to be only dark tones instead of both. either make them all pinkish, or make them all dark. there’s no need for them to be both.

this ultimately hurts the in-universe diversity, as it just makes the elves more like humans when they should be made LESS like humans than they are.

You are definitely not wrong I came to the same conclusion.

1 Like

Arthas too, remember the San’layn? They are dark elves but unfortunatly, this skin tone is unavailable.

If they have put this skin tone, i’m sure that a lot of people would have loved to use it on their character and we could have pretended that the others dark colors to be others shade of dark.

A simple solution to make every side happy no?