Giving blood elves a black skin tone is a bit lazy

I don’t want a Character that looks like me. This is fantasy

2 Likes

black gnomes also have no sense but there they are, and they look cool and I don’t see that option impacting my gameplay, its not like I won’t invite someone to a pug because he has a dark skin

3 Likes

Oh FFS another one of these threads? Can it already,some people like having extra customization options,quit crying about dark skin colors,makes you look like a closet racist,just sayin’.Hell,the comics and original TCG gave bloodelves darker skin first seems you lot only care about lore if it helps push an agenda. Dont like the features,don’t use them!

11 Likes

(Supposition): It’s possible that black skin tones became available to High Elves from mingling with humans, though this would mean every dark skinned Blood Elf is effectively a Half-Elf, although one with a predominant elven bloodline.

2 Likes

Then don’t make one.

15 Likes

So by the fact their isn’t a lore explanation, the customization can’t just exist? The customization options can’t exist without having lore reason? It can’t be created purely for player enjoyment and improving the character customization? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

I’m Dreta and I approve this message.

3 Likes
3 Likes

There’s literally a toy you can get from the darkmoon faire that turns you into a female blood elf with dark skin. It’s been in the game for years. Get over it.

5 Likes

Dark elves are the best elves. Why do you think I’m a night elf and not a blood elf mana addict?

4 Likes

Well…at least you aren’t a blood elf . There is that.

I’m gonna protest things that massively change this game. Enough with allied races and skin colors and weird armour.

1 Like

So what you’re saying is that you’d like to segregate the belfs according to skin tone.

9 Likes

What? You mean the global population of Azeroth isn’t a thousand or so NPCs, and Kalimdor is more than 14 miles from northern tip to southern?

I’m shocked! SHOCKED I say! I thought a major metropolis like Stormwind having a few hundred people, many of whom are identical twins, was a 100% accurate reflection of the in game world.

My mind has been blown by this revelation. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

There is no lore behind the lore, it’s all entirely made up friendo

4 Likes

So whats the ploidy level of a High Elf? What is their mechanism for coloring their skin? How many genes control that mechanism and what are the mechanisms for inheritance and expression of those genes? I’m guessing you know all that stuff since

1 Like

Even in a fantasy setting there should be some logical rulesets to follow.

since the dawn of time traditional elves (pretty much the high elven) are pale skinned…

That’s not just me trying to be a bigot, even I function in a logical premise even in a fantasy world. This is just lazy and contrived.

10 Likes

Not in this fantasy setting.

10 Likes

You said it!
The story in WoW , in my opinion, has errors, is retconned so often there really is no ‘Lore’ to depend on or take seriously.
I don’t believe anyone can claim something can’t be in the game anymore because of the holy ‘lore’.

1 Like

which is based off the traditional high fantasy of DnD…they want dark skinned elves, just make some sect of elves from another land.

I’ll say it again, making it some contrived character select choice without any previous background explanation is really lame.

6 Likes