Giving blood elves a black skin tone is a bit lazy

They could also very well come in a darkish tone. Since they are non human in your argument.

What’s keeping their hair texture and facial features from having more variety?

The simple fact of matter is that if you are lighter in skin tone you are far more represented in video games, especially in wow for 16 years up until this point.

The only real argument against darker elves is Lore. One I hope Blizz will address.

Also; Once again. If it can come with white features, it can come with black features.

Why is the default white/pinkish skin while anything darker is an option worthy of an argument?

1 Like

some kind of lore justification would feel forced, but be better than nothing.

it’s clear they aren’t concerned with treating this as a fantasy world anymore. it’s just a sandbox to pull in money now, till it’s milked dry.

i supported the change for humans, it only really made sense, but they didn’t even actually add that. they did for the black features, but not the asian features. those faces from blizzcon are nowhere to be seen.

that was where human representation was to be found, not in a non-human race.

1 Like

People still have issues with it apparently.

because they were shown from the start as pinkish.

if it was like drow, and they were shown from the start as darker and not at all pinkish, it would be a problem if they changed that.

i do NOT want non-brown drow in dnd.

There really isn’t anything to “address”
Both Elves and Humans have always existed with these skin tones on Azeroth, its just natural.
That’s it.
Its that simple.

2 Likes

Why were they pinkish from the start? Why was that the default?

Could it possibly have been the fact that this game was made by white people, and therefore all of the available human like skin tones represented white people?

Maybe elves were a fantasy race created by white people (books, movies…etc) and therefore represent white features moreso than any other race?

Maybe, just maybe this game came out before all of this equal representation stuff that the country is currently facing, and it’s entirely possible that Blizz didn’t feel the need to add diversity until recently?

I mean, I’m just throwing around ideas here.

2 Likes

So… this is a quick fix for a problem that should have never existed.

because that’s just the typical look of what’s considered a high elf.

but that doesn’t really matter within the universe of wow. it was decided at that point, and that’s what it should have stuck to. changing something like this midway just doesn’t fit. same as if they made tauren blue, it’s dumb.

and also, humans original had black and asian faces and skin tones pre-WoD, it was WoD that removed it. so no, it wasn’t only white people(but it was only men, no women i think).

also, this isn’t a problem. it’s a non-human race. it’s a minor problem if it’s humans, but not a non-human.

oh and also, a simple lore justification now could be that maybe the pinkish tones came from those that had pinkish and purple skin tones as nelves, while the darker tones come from those of the blueish and darker blue toned nelves. a simple fix i guess.

There are places on Azeroth we haven’t seen yet, same with races until the team reveals them. So I just treat the ones with new, never seen before skin tones as having travelled from an area we haven’t been to.

Perhaps they were in seclusion and their skin color was influenced by their environment as we’ve seen with other elves and recently they decided it was time to see the world.

Why does it bother you at all? Secret story time, Blood elves aren’t even real. Black people are

2 Likes

Why darker skin elves gotta be from the desert? Why come EOC can’t have they own cities and civilizations?

2 Likes

“Because that’s what a high elf looks like” does little to answer my question.

Because that how it’s always been is also avoiding the answer to the question.

Why has it always been that way? The possibilities I presented earlier offer a much more insightful view of the entire situation.

Blue people aren’t real, black people are. So no, they are not the same. There are thousands of minority players in wow, since it’s inception. None of which were represented until this point.

And no, the darkest skin tone available for humans pre WOD were no where near as dark as those that are available today. Hair textures and facial features were also lacking.

You do know according to lore that elves are the descendants of trolls right? Trolls can be dark skin tone so elves being dark is perfectly fine. I kind of wish we had half race options though.

I assume people simply want to make self insert avatars or roleplay as Hector from Castlevania.

I disagree with the people saying new lore is needed. I like that my darker skin blood elves have the same background as any other blood elf.

You mean Isaac? Kinda funny, I was going to make this character bald but for some reason male belf/velf heads are really pointy when bald, lol.

5 Likes

Even if there is no lore, why is it so bad that more people have more customization options to make their character exactly how they want to make it?

How does it hurt you in anyway to have the option available? If you don’t want it, don’t use it. Simple.

1 Like

Brown skin doesn’t need a lore explanation.

6 Likes

The lore is it’s 2020 and SJWs/Black Lives Matter/etc exist. Get with it, OP; you’re a racist bigoted homophobic sexist.

A bit excessive imo. Sarcastic probably.

As important as these things are in the real world. I don’t think representation should be linked to anything outside of wow.

The existence of black people shouldn’t really be political.