Giving blood elves a black skin tone is a bit lazy

Particularly for elves (trolls and orcs fit here to a degree) you can always say it was due to exposure to some other form of magical energy.

True answer for a lot of races? No real lore reasons, it’s about diversity and inclusion.

1 Like

Makes sense, would like to know if they’ll eventually say why.

Nooooooo, my elves should not be able to taaaaaan.

We need a lore explanation!
More options are baaaaad.

2 Likes
2 Likes

We’re all using technology that allows us to talk to any person around the planet instantly.
We’re all in a “position of privilege”.

1 Like

Frankly, any race with human skin tones should probably have as many human skin tones as practical as customization. What’s the harm in it?

5 Likes

I have yet to understand where all the lore worries come from. Aside from the green skin of orcs, is there any point in the game where skin color has any significance in lore?

1 Like

what comic

People keep throwing this around, like this would be so much better if these changes had some lore explanation behind them. Like the slapping of Void Elf lore out of thin air really was really sufficient for people? We brought Mag’har orcs from an alternate timeline? Oh boy!

People bash on Void Elf lore (or lack of) constantly. Do we really need them to create another barely feasible lore explanation just to have darker elves? No one would like that either. So why even waste the time?

Edit:

The lovely Goblin post below me has just about as good of a lore explanation as Blizz would come up with. So, let’s all just agree to embrace this new Goblin product as explanation lol.

3 Likes

Incredible Universal Dye & Direhornplasty

Hi Elumai here payed spokes-goblin for the Barber Quartet Cartel, the same goblins that brought you the posture corrector.

I am happy to announce that our team of Inkologists have discovered revolutionary new type of dyes. With these dyes we can change or add additional color(s) to your hair, body, and eyes.
•If your fur needs some highlights, we can do that.
•Tired of your pasty white skin, we can darken it up for you.
•Don’t like green eyes (why would you not like green eyes?), we can inject new color into them.

THATS NOT ALL!!

We recently come into a surplus of Direhorn horns courtesy of the Nesingwary Group. Our team of surgical scientist have developed a technique using the horn, which they call Direhornplasty.
•With these techniques they are capable of reshaping your face. Allowing you to sport a new look to showoff to your friends or hide from the law (WARNING: if this service is used to hide from law-enforcement, expect a surcharge to be applied), we can do that.

Be on the lookout for these new services and more towards the end of the year.

This announcement was brought to you by the Barber Quartet Cartel in conjunction with the U.G.L.Y. Cartel. To provide those individuals a lore reason on why there will be additional racial customizations.

5 Likes

/thread

2 Likes

I’m a vegan. Were these Direhorns raised with an all natural, grass fed diet? Were there any Direhorns harmed in the making of this product or do their horns naturally fall off?

1 Like

Can’t wait to play a felbloodish sin’dorei with my flaming fel eyes here :smiley:

I can say that they are locally sourced from Zandalar. The Nesingwary Group, has informed us that they are a natural product and their acquisition is as humane as possible. I can also guarantee that all parts of the animal are used and nothing goes to waste.
Due to the recent war torn events within the area many of the Direhorns have been fatal wounded and after a spirit shaman has resided over the fallen beast the Nesingwary Group gets to work at harvesting the corpse. This allows a part of the beast to live on through others.

1 Like

I don’t get the animosity against complexion and skin tone.

And why is Warcrafts lore always in this static “it-can-never-progress” standstill for some people? Is world-building just not a thing anymore?

4 Likes

There isn’t any. The worst of posts still boil down to this is dumb/ I wish Blizz would explain it.
Also they did. Somone itt pointed it out to me, and I checked in my own copy of the Twilight of the Aspects book to confirm that there are dark skinned high elves in the lore.
As that gets spread around I bet that the threads will calm down.

Hmmm… I can live with that- that seems Vegan enough… I’ll be placing an order when you have them available!

2 Likes

The Barber Quartet Cartel will be happy to hear that.

1 Like

Lore is a person that sit right beside ion.
He calls himself a CM and to us he calls dik bags…
https://mobile.twitter.com/devolore/status/1045786554772250625

Well, I think if you’re associating yourself with the people he’s complaining about, that’s saying more about you than him.

1 Like