Giving blood elves a black skin tone is a bit lazy

Like? The lore as meaning from the past few expac?
Or you’re just trolling ?!?

I’m not the one standing in solidarity with all the random wangrods who for some reason take joy in harassing game developers on twitter and act like rightly calling those jackwagons out is insulting the fan base.

1 Like

Honestly, here is the thing all you guys aren’t understanding.

Now that the idea of dark complexion Blood Elves is out there in the ether, even if it makes sense to argue against it, Blizzard will never in a million years face the negative PR articles titled:

“Blizzard Reneges on Plans for Elves of Color in Popular MMORPG World of Warcraft, by Forbes Weekly”

Chill out, close your eyes, and append an erratum to your headcanon that there have always been black elves. There are albinos and other unexpected skin variations in real life too, if that makes your pill easier to swallow.

1 Like

/points at her skin color

i’m thinking, yeah.

Where does anyone really talk about the color of a void elf’s skin as opposed to the fact that they’re void infused?

I’m just saying that other than the stuff with orcs, the story generally doesn’t really pay attention to skin colors, and most of the stories that in real life would be dealing with skin color as a significant aspect are instead covered by stories about the different races of Azeroth, with an individual’s skin tone being there as descriptive text.

except void elves, who cant be brown cause blood elves already are.

yes, if void elves ask for human skin colors, we’re told no because the devs didnt make our models different enough from blood elves. this has the unfortunate effect of pigeon holing us into a very tiny customization menu. i can have grey skin, blue skin, bluer skin, darker grey skin…and thats about it.

Ask for purple

1 Like

dont rub it in. you can already be like 10 additional colors as a belf. how many options do you have as a belf demon hunter, who also get tats, that void elves also dont get cause allied races came too late in the timeline to be illidari.

I was being serious.
Ask for more options including tattos.
Long as you dont look like a blood elf go nuts.
Hell, void can clearly be red, ask for red skin too.

1 Like

all i have to do is put on a full hood/helm, and i already look identical to a belf, this is why insisting i not get human skin colors seems so petty

Then you dont need human colors then.

My lfd and dranei look the same in full armor. It doesnt mean my lfd should be on the horde instead

so you dont think its odd that all the other races on the game can get multiple skin options except void elves, who can only be purple, grey or blue. if they give us red, we’d look like your new belf felblood option

spoiler alert

Summary

azeroth is gonna be destroyed by the scourge while we’re in the shadowlands. if we go back to azeroth, all our kingdoms will have to be rebuilt. this likely means silvermoon city will get its long awaited upgrade

Its not unusual because NONE of the allied races are getting new options.

it is unusual because when they do give allied races customizations, void elves will still be isolated to purple, grey or blue. we’re the only race who’s skin color is so hotly contested. everybody else has a much better spread because nobody cares. like nightborne can have any color they want, cause nobody minds if they do. the devs dont want to upset the blood elves who own a huge swath of potential skin colors now and who get very angry every time we ask for human skin colors

That applies to nightborne, and it is because the model is based off an existing one.
Natural colors will clash with blood elf design.
Id go for red personally. Lovely color

1 Like

It says a lot of about people that this topic is at the top on general right now.

we’re not even talking about the op anymore. its wandered off topic

1 Like

they could give nightborne human skin colors and nobody would care, except maybe people who want lore explanations.