Giving blood elves a black skin tone is a bit lazy

Brown skin doesn’t need an explanation just to exist in fantasy.

If you don’t like it, don’t use the customizations. Don’t RP with people who do.

It’s very very simple.

1 Like

Yes :). Blizzard likes to draw inspiration from different backgrounds when they setup the kit for their races.

Why do brown people need to be explained?

3 Likes

/grimaces
oh really bad analogy.
though the shivarras would be a cool allied race if there any that arent in the burning legion

4 Likes

There are some with the Illidari.

2 Likes

maybe thats what they were going for? like there are some fairer skinned persians. who knows what they were thinking. they’re all mad lads. haha

Maybe for you.

For most people any out of the ordinary customization option needs an explanation as to why it exists, otherwise it ruins the immersion of the game.

They explained why blood elves have gold eyes and it was an awesome little tid bit of story that furthered our immersion in the game.

It literally has nothing to do with liking or disliking it, how many times do I have to say that to you?

Only thing simple is that you’re trolling.

How is it a bad analogy? It’s really not. Dark skin tones for certain races isn’t ordinary. 4 arms for races is also not ordinary. An explanation for either would be nice.

Actually you’re the troll here.

You straw man. You use false equivalences and slippery slopes. You intentionally misunderstand people and misinterpret people.

A normal person would be open to reason but you’re not. You’re being a contrarian to be a contrarian.

you have underlying issues and I think everybody here knows what they are.

because 1 is a natural skin color, and the other is some bizaare mutation. does anybody know why the hindu goddesses had so many arms? half bug or maybe arms moving so fast, look like many arms, or modified to be able to do many things at once or? sorry, i’m into ancient history.

2 Likes

That’s LITERALLY what YOU’RE doing. You’re literally self projecting what YOU’RE doing. First you called me a racist for asking why, then you said I don’t need an explanation even though I’m literally asking why.

I’m not intentionally doing anything. I’m LITERALLY asking questions, you’re the one freaking out, getting defensive and childish and calling me a racist for literally no reason at all. Cut it out.

“You won’t accept my answers that STILL aren’t answering your questions you want to know, you’re being unreasble” Ooookay :roll_eyes:

Self projection once again. This literally has nothing to do with race, you psycho. It’s about wanting an answer for questions about a fantasy video game…

Honestly, Sapphire, my issue is not what everyone think this is all about (prejudice), it is that I like ‘tight writing’. I gave an example of George RR Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire up top of how it all clicked and made sense to me. It showed that he really had done his research. People like to spin this stuff to be about ‘being racist’ all the time. I mean, ‘get over this’ (to those people)…it is about great storytelling and great writing.

1 Like

Theres nothing that indicates dark skin is unusual for thalassian elves though. If there was, it would have been mentioned when a dark skinned high elf was introduced back in ToTA, but it wasn’t.

The explanation for darker skinned blood elves is already there. Some people have dark skin :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yeah, how dare people want to design a game and stick to that design in a fantasy setting. People like you are so unbearable, World of Warcraft is not real life…

dude. we’re getting dark-skinned blood elves. your mad that we’re getting them because you feel you deserve an explanation. well, here’s the sad truth of the matter: blizzard does’nt owe you crap.

it’s their game. they want dark skinned blood-elves, they’re getting them.

you wanna get mad about being in dungeon-groups with dark-skinned belves? fine, i hope you enjoy your deserter debuff.

you wanna make a big stink about it? fine, expect folks telling you that your making a big deal out of nothing.

players (yourself included) are getting dark skinned elves, gnomes, dwarves, and humans,. it does’nt harm you in the slightest, it does’nt hurt the game, it does’nt change the game, and it does’nt break the lore.

get mad all you want, it won’t change the fact we’re getting them. all it will do is make you look petty, my dude. you don’t need an explanation. you don’t. you WANT one, and i can respect that, but you don’t need one. just play the game.

You’re projecting again.

Yes, attempt to ruin part of my life because you wouldn’t help me figure out why blood elves would have dark skin and instead wanted to accuse me of being racist for asking a question and attacking me. :roll_eyes:

Defending the harassment of an artist isn’t a good look.

3 Likes

understandable. i think belfs had more color options before the models were updated back in …either wod or cata timeframe, though not quite as dark as the new options coming. since they share the human skin color pallete, it makes sense that they would have the same shades since humans are getting african and asian appearances. certainly doesnt need anymore explanation than trolls being able to be any kind of troll in the history of the game. … well i dont remember, are they getting frost trolls too?

I’ve been trying to help you figure it out for hours but your head is so far up your rectal anal orifice that you’re not getting it.