Giving blood elves a black skin tone is a bit lazy

oof… that’s not good…

But they don’t, until shadowlands. They never have.

magisters terrace, sunwell, possibly the isle of quel’danas.

Uh.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=311958/new-blood-elf-character-customization-options-in-shadowlands

All this reminds me of when it was announced that Idris Elba was going to play Heimdall in the first Thor movie. Same indignation and “but-but-but-I’m-not-racist” and appeals to “lore” (both Norse myth and Marvel comics) to argue against a black man playing a fictional being in a fictional setting because they couldn’t handle their fifty shades of Asgardian mayonnaise getting changed.

And then again with Doctor Who when Jodie Whittaker was announced as the next Doctor–even the late-night comedians and talk show hosts were making fun of that kerfuffle. Time-travel? Sure! Weeping Angels and Daleks? Sure! But a female Doctor? Just not believable!

I’m done arguing with prejudiced people that continually bleat the same nonsense. Keep on showing us who you are. My kids and I will be making a ton of blacker than black belves and drinking down all the salty racist tears. :tipping_hand_woman:t6:

4 Likes

Meh, I don’t really care what they do anymore to be honest. They already made Cow Paladins, everything else they do is nothing in comparison.

Oh, I was hoping when you said have you meant past tense in the past they already existed and it would explain why they’re doing it now. Glad to see you’re still being sassy and rude though. I think I’m done talking with you.

1 Like

yeah they did and do. human skin colors from pale peach to dark brown. they just didnt have the african skin shades after the model revamp in…was it wod?

1 Like

No one is forcing you to have a black BElf.

1 Like

I’ll be joining you. Thanks for your amazing insights.

The white sheet doesn’t look good on you.

haha and just what is wrong with mayo? i prefer to think of it as flavors of ice cream . i like vanilla and i like chocolate…and strawberry, bubblegum, pistachio, mint, mint chocolate chip… egads i’m getting hungry

The only one being racist here is you. Grow up, honestly. Pretty sure you’re too young to even be playing WoW.

1 Like

You’re the one screeching about not wanting diversity in your fantasy.

2 Likes

Wrong. I’m saying I want an explanation. Cute try to delete the comment that shows how ridiculous you are, though.

Yes, I am sure me being an Arab I am being ‘internally racist’ for demanding some quality writing in my favorite works of art :roll_eyes:

There is no need for an explanation.

have you noticed belf architecture is decidedly arabesque?

So you’re fine with every character all of a sudden getting 4 arms and you’d just say “Who cares, you don’t need an explanation” ?

Well YOU don’t need an explanation, many of us do and would like one. If you can’t understand that, I’m sorry. Maybe you should try and be a little more open minded and realize there’s types of people who play these games who like the story, the immersion, etc. and want to be acknowledged and talked to like they actually exist.