Giving beta only to subs makes no sens

It makes perfect sense. By requiring a sub, Blizzard makes a ton of money.

What other considerations could there possibly be?

What’s this about name reservation?

No, actually real classic fans are still subbed. Just because someone is subbed doesn’t mean they hate classic. That doesn’t even make sense.

1 Like

Honestly, I hate retail. The only reason I re-subbed was to try to get into the beta ;(.

Your argument is that its ok for Blizzard to charge people to test Classic because their “modern business model” of trying to take every dime their players make doesnt work. You then say there is no incentive for Blizzard to let people who stopped playing WoW over the year play Classic because they might use the beta to see if they actually want to play the game. Even tho Blizzard and other devs often let people try their games for free. You then say that everyone who is unsubed on this forum are only looking to play the game for free and assume that everyone that is unsubed has no intent to help test the game or provide feedback. When did you suddenly start reading peoples minds and know how everyone on the forum thinks and will act in the future?

2 Likes

You act like its never going to release lol

And you’re acting like people were given Early Access passes. All progress will be reset. Probably repeatedly. You aren’t losing anything by not being in Beta.

Blizzard could consider that they havent been requiring people to sub to test the PTR or past expansions betas.

1 Like

I think the reason that this is a poor excuse is because of how it’s delivered. I mean there’s no way you can’t see this as a way for blizzard to pretty much suck money out of people. It’s almost as a scam. With how Blizzard has been for the past like 5 years, you can tell Blizzard doesn’t seem to care about the players and more about the money. You have to see that.

2 Likes

its closer to release, like 2 weeks out, i think the details are in the announcement, or I saw something abotu it on Wowhead, Ill update once I find it.

Create Your Character

If you’re eager to claim your character name in WoW Classic, take note: we’ll be opening character creation on Tuesday, August 13.** Players with an active subscription or game time on their account will be able to create up to three characters per World of Warcraft account. We’ll have more information on realm names closer to launch, but rest assured—you’ll have plenty of time to figure out your plans for realm domination!

1 Like

What are sens and why should Blizzard want to make them?

Now that I have been watching streamers today I don’t really feel the need to play the game. I can just watch someone else play.
I might just save my money and just watch streamers play.

1 Like

I don’t blame you because with this forum, there are people who are saying even more ridiculous things and meaning it.

But I was being sarcastic :stuck_out_tongue:

Rather, I would say that there is absolutely zero incentive to even create something like Classic for people who are happily paying every month. No, I’m certain they want those folks who presently do not have subscriptions, but did in the past.

That said, I could see some rationale for requiring a subscription during testing, but I don’t think it’s a good idea to require a subscription to even get an invite. If they’re prioritizing streamers as beta testers to get positive press, it would seem unwise to take a course that could generate the type of bad press that would likely result from a large number of people who resubscribe in hopes of beta access and then get nothing.

3 Likes

Why give beta access to an account no longer active?.

1 Like

This is a great post for r/gatekeeping.

Ay, keep me posted on which server he’ll be playing when a realmlist is released. I’ll be avoiding it like the Plague.

I would say there’s a difference between an account that’s not active versus an account that’s unsubbed. Inactive accounts shouldn’t receive an invite but unsubbed should.

1 Like

Right? For some reason everyone wants to get in for free at the same rate as those of us who stayed with the game.

1 Like

Which is why you have to opt in on the beta selection page