Give Void Elves Natural Hair Colors

You get it. I’m a fan of yours Evedris.

3 Likes

She’s not incorrect. Alleria’s a bit more ambiguous than that.

That being said, Ren’dorei is just a group name. Elves change when they get all magicked up.

I haven’t seen her consider herself still as a High Elf, and she is Void Infused, with the way the Sunwell reacted towards her after she absorbed the Dark Naruu.

I wasn’t asking that. That was the question someone asked Steve on Twitter.

So, he was saying that she doesn’t really consider herself a void elf, but still a high elf. That’s why she wanted to see the Sunwell when she returned.

You could argue that Tyrande’s not really a night elf anymore since the black moon ritual by that logic, but we won’t do that because it doesn’t really make sense.

It’s still obnoxious to me that they use a line in the description of Nightborne to pretend like they didn’t get Night Elves but that the Alliance has stolen Blood Elves from them.

The Nightborne are actually SUPER cool. I would LOVE to see them get more options. I actually find the male Nightborne to be one of the most beautiful races in the game, but the playable models are not nearly up to snuff. They need A LOT of work.

You could. Whenever Elves have changed due to magic we consider them a different race…

a couple drops from the Nightwell somehow made the Nightborne more Night Elf than Night Elf. So a little crazy nature-death magic is likely enough for them to consider Night Warriors a different race of Elves.

But always remember. Glowing green eyes is not enough to change your race apparently. :rofl:

I mean that being said if Horde players want to complain they didn’t get Night Elves because Nightborne look like garbage, I’d be inclined to agree. But I get what you’re saying.

Yeah. I love Nightborne. I used to post as one. They’re gorgeous. But they’re Night Elves.

Yeah. There’s an argument that they shouldn’t have old wrinkly faces for sure.

They don’t have enough skin colors. They don’t have enough hair colors. They have terrible face options and the male arms are so skinny I had to farm a sleeveless robe for like forever so they wouldn’t have weird bell-bottom wrists.

But they’re night elves.

1 Like

No. NE is the OG and the best. Everything after is just second fiddle.

NE HE NB VE BE in that order.

In all seriousness though, VE were beyond random and so much of them is just hard to like. Such a shame blizz didn’t take players up on their new model for HE idea and forget VE.

Steve said:

"Characters in Azeroth don’t think in terms of customization options or gameplay choices.

Alleria is a child of Quel’Thalas and a solider of the Alliance. She returned after 1000 years to find most of her surviving kin switched political affiliation. Didn’t change who she is."

Nothing about saying she is still a High Elf or doesn’t consider herself as a Void Elf

https://twitter.com/SteveDanuser/status/1267309601021542402

I love our pastel goth companions…

But… when your playerbase is asking for something for fifteen years and it’s your largest fan request, snubbing them isn’t a great idea.

1 Like

Okay guys, I’m out. This has been fun. Maybe I’ll be back.

I have got to get to bed so I can finish this term paper tomorrow. It’s due at midnight on November 9th. Wish me luck!!

PS: LONG LIVE THE FIGHT FOR NATURAL HAIR COLOURS ON VOID ELVES :blue_heart: :star: :purple_heart:

1 Like

What was she before she left? A high elf Ranger. So, she is not considered a void elf.

I don’t understand why you’re quoting what he said to me after I already quoted it.

Did you miss this part:

Yeah. Because she doesn’t care.

They’re all just Elves anyways. High Elf is just a group name. They changed from Night Elves on the boat ride over. People always try to throw real life evolution into this game where everytime an elf gets hit by some magic they turn into a spider or half-bat.

1 Like

Which means…she’s a high elf? She doesn’t consider herself Ren’dorei.

I’m not understanding your point.

The answer is ambiguous. He doesn’t say if she considers herself a High Elf or a Void Elf…

But since all Elves are moments away from becoming half-elf-half-elekk’s because of rapmant elephant magic they’re all group names anyways.

Elf is the race.

2 Likes