Give Void Elves Natural Hair Colors

Elves are like mood rings for magical energies.

1 Like

Well, he DID say that didn’t change who she is and who she is is a high elf ranger.

Yeah. Locus-Walker is super surprised to have found some magic sponges in the galaxy.

That does not say she is a High Elf.

She considers herself a Child of Quel’thalas, because she is from Quel’thalas, and a soldier of the Alliance, because she fights for the Alliance. There is nothing there stating she is a High Elf.

Thalassian Elf, of which BEs have the regular Thalassian Elf theme.

It’s a little more nebulous than that.

But you could be a Ren’dorei without being Void Infused anyways. It’s just a group name.

They’re still the same as a Blood Elf. Becoming a Death Knight means you’re infused with Death Magic. But a Blood Elf Death Knight is still a Blood Elf.

They’re all group names. They’re elves.

Not me. Not the theme or the looks or anything honestly. I dont like that they are packaged as former BEs, I dont like how bloody random they were, and I dont like their story. That’s just me personally. I know other players like them and that’s fine.

Yeah. It’s subjective. Not everybody is gonna want to play something with tentacles sprouting out of its head.

WoW Devs: “We know you like High Elves, but how do you feel about High Elves with tentacles?!?”

It’s just that meme where we take the plate and throw it down the hallway.

1 Like

Thalassian is the name of the language and only used as a designation here on the forums.

Also, as I’ve said a million times over these three years… “High Elves exist.”

1 Like

Given that there’s all of, at most, maybe half a dozen generations separating all variants of Elves from Night Elves, and a few more separating them from Dark Trolls…Let’s not hold up distinct racial divides as some massive cultural or evolutionary barrier for Elves.

https://media.giphy.com/media/J4yGOlQKBQVxrxzeKK/giphy.gif

Considering your history of comments pertaining to the Zandalari model and belittling of player concerns over BE uniqueness I’m going to go with the fact BEs still have the regular Elf theme that needs to be protected, so your point was what?

1 Like

Thalassian is the name of the language and the people.

It means “of Quel’Thalas.”

1 Like

Even in the wildest, “This game where all races come from magic” fevered dream the largest seperation is 10,000 years for Nightborne and Night Elves…

and then you’ve gotta square with the fact that a lot of the Nightborne are the same Nightborne that were Night Elves. Their leader has been alive the whole time.

1 Like

Aren’t Children of Quel’Thalas, originally high elves? Since Quel’Thalas was originally a high elven city until they renamed themselves Blood Elves?

She wasn’t around for that so default she is a high elf and to say she hasn’t changed and still who she was, would mean she still identifies a Child of Quel’Thalas as a high elf and a Quel’Dorei, right?

The name of the people was Highborne, like the Nightborne, Then got changed to High Elves. Or, Quel’dorei was their name. Then got changed to Sin’dorei.

Quel’dorei = children of noble birth.

Thalassian is the language they speak.

Quel’Thalas translates into, “High Home” by the way, with Quel still being high.

Talking about Alleria?

The Devs say she is a Void Elf and she herself says so in the recent book.

She has changed from her training and the Naaru’s core.

She is not a Void Elf like the blueberries are but still a Void Elf. She just got there a different way… or more correctly they got there a different way.

Thalassian is still of Quel’Thalas.

Its still their people just as much as the other names for them.

Literally its saying Californian instead of American.

Ah.

I took that to mean she didn’t see herself differently as a person. Not about whether her race had changed or not.

I’m sorry, but I’m just imagining Alleria running around to her fellow elves like 'HELLO ELF! I AM ELF TOO! ISN’T IT A GLORIOUS DAY TO BE AN ELF?"

2 Likes

Yeah, we’re talking about the tweet from Steve Danuser where he said

“Alleria is a child of Quel’Thalas and a solider of the Alliance. She returned after 1000 years to find most of her surviving kin switched political affiliation. Didn’t change who she is”

:rofl:

She’s an Alliance Elf. I’d imagine the Elven word for Alliance, which is its name, is Alliance.

So she’s an Alliance-Dorei.

Quel’thalas is just a place.

If you’re a child of Quel’thalas it just means you’re from Quel’thalas.

Keep in mind, High Elf, Blood Elf and Void Elf are all just names of groups of Elves.

It’s like Kul’tirans or Lightforged Draenei or Mechagnomes. They’re still Humans, Draenei and Gnomes.