Give Void Elves Natural Hair Colors

Well LOOK AT YOU. I am SO happy to read that.

It’s nice to see people evolve and change, hopefully you’ll continue to do so.

1 Like

Yeah, it does but hey everyone’s entitled to their opinion.

Blood Elves for sure need something to help them stand out a little bit more and differentiate them. They REALLY did get the shaft with the customizations. If anything, I assumed they would have gotten the most since they’re the most popular race.

1 Like

I mean the lack of options was one thing, but tbh the original Void Elf tones and options jsut didn’t look good with many mogs either.

I only started playing this character after the shadowlands customisations went live, and that’s not for lack of trying. I think I rolled half a dozen Void Elves that I just wound up abandoning because I couldn’t get into how they looked.

(And yes I admit my character is very High Elfy with the current mog/appearance options, but I’ve found at least a dozen other mogs and looks I’ve liked that have been much more Voidy)

But the contrasting tones do make a huge difference.

They openly rebelled against getting Blood Elf jewelry and body jewelry and things.

Though I think that the whole thing was also stalled by the High Elf, Blood Elf debate that had raged for three years non-stop.

Blood Elves don’t have a monopoly on natural hair colours. The majority of the races in the game have access to natural hair colours.

Giving Void Elves natural hair colours is not transplanting them from Blood Elves.

1 Like

It doesn’t. An identity of a group or race in game isn’t based on looks. It is based on there lore, there story from there past to present.

I think that’s actually why they weren’t a focal point for the development team. I would theorize that they wanted to expand on less played races to encourage more diversity in the player base.

I’m done having this argument with people because it just goes around and around and around so let’s just not even go there okay? lol

I’ve got three really voidy void elves, though one is a mid-level monk. There were a few good options.

That hood makes you look pretty high elfy. Honestly normal skin tones without tentacles looks High Elf to me.

I just want to point out in general to everyone that you can be in support of Void Elves getting more…for lack of a better term, High Elf options and also be in favour of them getting more Voidy options too.

You can also be in favour of more Blood Elf options that are distinctly, uniquely Blood Elf.

Like it’s not an either/or thing.

2 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/continuation-of-new-customisation-options-for-void-elves-blood-elves-misc-high-elves/593526/8212?u=lannisterian-tichondrius

We’re not talking about the “majority” of races were talking about an AR that directly copies it’s core race on the opposite faction and you want that to be taken to the full extent, and in the context of Thalassian Elf they absolutely do have the regular Elf theme, Void Elves do not that is why you have to ask for hair colors and we don’t, because it’s not your main theme.

1 Like

I mean, it goes around and around and around because you refuse to change your viewpoint.

Hairstyles will be just like skin-colors. You’ll find out that Void Elves keep being Void Elves and keep existing and it’ll be done with.

I’m just saying. But another race sharing looks doesn’t stop a race from being any less of that race. IE giving Void Elves hair tones that Blood Elves, Humans, Dwarves, etc, all share, doesn’t stop those races from being any less of the races that they are.

1 Like

I am a void elf Death knight. I am beyond crazy.

1 Like

Yeah. It’s not mutually exclusive. That’s what we’ve been talking about the whole time. But it’s been three years and there are only like two or three people that are in that fear trap so it’s not too big of a deal.

Your Blood Elf will still be a Blood Elf if High Elves are running around. Your Void Elf will still be a Void Elf if High Elves are running around.

1 Like

All i’m saying is why would you want an exact copy and paste of a race that already exists? That’s what this all boils down to. I’ve just never understood why anyone would even ask for that because it’s just silly to me.

Void Elves are void infused and they have a void theme… There’s not even any void elves in game with light colored hair. The lightest ive seen from the Wayfarers is red.

1 Like

But in the end, all it comes down too here on the forums:

“Lets all just deny others there ideas because it goes against what I want”

Or just plain out selfishness of the forum community against each other.

1 Like

Except we are. Any discussion about any one race doesn’t exist in a vacuum from the others. This thread isn’t even about blood elves, it’s about void elves.

You are free to make a “Give Blood Elves Sparkling Tattoos” thread or any other customization that you want. You keep talking about a second visual theme, post about it!

1 Like

Man. That’s tough. Do you listen to the Void Whispers telling you to kill everyone or the Death whispers telling you to kill everyone?

The whole, “Death Magic” infused Void Elf makes the whole, “You can’t be a Void Elf Paladin” argument fall pretty flat. Apparently mixing magic types isn’t mutually exclusive.

It’s about VEs encroaching further on the BE main theme. You apparently are supportive of that, I am not.

1 Like