Give Void Elves Natural Hair Colors

For sure. I’m all for injecting a couple of warmer toned hair colours into Void Elves. Maybe not the full range, but some? Sure. And some new hairstyles as well, with some both more and less Voidy.

And I’m also very much for Blood Elves getting more distinct and unique options as well, because, well…they have a lot of options that are all kind of samey.

And I’m also very much for some of the other core races getting more options, and I look forward to the Allied Races in general getting a lot more customisation, because I think for a main feature advertised for BfA, the end result has been extremely undercooked. So IMHO Blizzard is yet to deliver fully on Allied Races, and they need to deliver on the Shadowlands feature of the core races getting expanded or more varied customisation options.

Fun fact, void elves NPCs have black hair colour fitted to their hairstyles

https://i.imgur.com/hWweAxY.png

They had this shade BEFORE belves got it.

And with belves now getting purple eyes that means that it is Belves that stole something from Void elves that void elf NPCs had first.

So why are belf players pretending velves can’t get stuff?

Yes she is, no matter how much you disagree.

They new book Shadow Rising effectively says so and you don’t have more authority than Blizzard writers.

Alleria got infused with the void long before the Dark Naaru, this was part of her training with the Locus Walker. Velves racials are directly based on what happens to Alleria. Including the super blue form.

I don’t know you any more than anyone else does on this forum. Just because I don’t post here all the time doesn’t mean I haven’t read any of these arguments for literally years.

I’m just over the silliness of it all.

Wanting to protect visual uniqueness of BEs, and wanting more Void options for visual uniqueness of VEs is being argued has no place in this thread, but it does when this thread is asking for more which encroaches on the visual uniqueness of both as is.

2 Likes

Steve Danuser said she’s not a void elf and she doesn’t consider herself as such.

What? You don’t approve of Nightborne’s two or three customization options? :rofl:

Yeah. It’s sad that they under-delivered and then just gave up. But it is what it is.

You’ve been saying for literally months that you didn’t want void elves to get high elf skin colours. Those are literally expanded options. You not wanting those is literally you not wanting expanded options.

I know you’ve wanted expansion on the void theme forever, and you should have that, but campaigning against more high elf options will not get you there.

1 Like

I for one was positively overwhelmed by the Nightborne palette choices of lavender, a slightly different lavender and a slightly darker lavender.

2 Likes

You sure act like you know people for someone who just has never posted before. :thinking:

1 Like

Yep, the Arguments of the Anti’s. “You want looks, then roll muh Horde”.

Where did he said that? either way the latest form of lore media directly contradicts that so if it was Blizzard’s stance before, it certainly changed.

Blood Elves are getting purple eyes?

Same reason they were before the skin-tones. They don’t want Alliance players to have things.

Steve Danuser contradicts that and he’s the lead writer that tells the other writers what to do…

I agree with everything else you’ve said though.

Actually, if you know anything about me (which you don’t) I’ve changed my mind on the whole skintone options and I’ve even used some of the tones. Heck, i’ve even apologized to the people I was campaigning against.

I’m just not for taking more identity away from the blood elves, that’s all.

2 Likes

Yeah. Going against the tide there. But Lights arguments used to be that it’d wipe out Void Elves completely which is that slippery slope stuff.

You don’t need to post here to read the forums? Is that a new concept? I just finished a term paper and wanted to check out the forums for any shadowlands updates, and you guys are STILL talking about this.

And by you guys, I don’t specifically mean you and Lights, I mean generally the population.

I will never not want there to be more options, especially high elf options for void elves, they should have had them from the get go.

But the argument that it diminishes identity in a game where there are regularly two of the same model or assets on either side of the fence is silly. Looks does not equal identity, there’s so much more to it than that.

1 Like

We are the opposite, I was fine with what has been done up to this point, but as BEs have nothing to show in terms of a second visual theme or heck even our box art tattoos, I’m not supportive of continued taking of visual uniqueness from BEs.

1 Like

I was similarly blown away by Void Elves, “Pale with soft blue light and Pale with soft purple blue lights.” they originally had.

Not to mention their, “Three shades of the same grey.” hair colors.

Alleria is a child of Quel’Thalas and a solider of the Alliance. She returned after 1000 years to find most of her surviving kin switched political affiliation. Didn’t change who she is. That’s exactly what he typed When someone asked “Does Alleria consider herself a blood elf?”

1 Like

Yeah, except nothing is being taken away. Giving Void Elves fair skin colours or blonde hair, doesn’t make a Blood Elf any less of a Blood Elf than they already are.

It seems to be faction animosity really. They just don’t want the Alliance to have things.

Though, they’ve never seemed to particularly like the Blood Elves history.