Give Void Elves Natural Hair Colors

Void elves were a great idea. High elves were never going to continue the story. They were never meant to. Blood Elves were.

Void Elves gives the Alliance more than just generic repeats of what we already have. A very good idea.

5 Likes

Even if this were true it doesn’t matter now.

2 Likes

This would be true if it weren’t for the fact that high elves are still around.
You can’t claim the high elf story is over while they’re clearly in game and still part of the alliance. Until Blizzard decides that they don’t exist anymore, you can’t make these claims.

As for void elves, if you think a random squad of 10 blood elves mutating and becoming a new playable race over a 5 minute scenario is a “great idea” then I don’t know what to say.
Were each entitled to our opinions afterall.

At least the nightborne were developped over an entire expansion, have their own culture, city, story, etc. (Even though our model is ugly…thanks blizz)

6 Likes

What story does the high elf bring??? None. They only still exist to face off blood elf. Their story are tied to blood elf. Nearly every time they appear, it is because blood elf make a appearance and blizzard just decide to put high elf to face them.

They don’t bring any new story on their own, they dont have any building that isn’t blood elf or human, they don’t even take decision by themself… Even in the thunder island that pro-high elf fan like to point as a prove that high elf are part of the alliance, blood elf are the only race representing the horde with blood elf building and blood elf army. On the alliance side, it kirin’tor flag with a few high elf and a bunch of other alliance race.

At least, the void elf bring their own theme while high elf just take a bit from blood elf and human, nothing more.

2 Likes

Everything you just pointed out is still part of their story whether it compliments the blood elves or not. Or even compliments the humans, just because they fight alongside humans does not somehow destroy their credibility as a race.
Obviously a playable race will get more screentime than a non-playable race. (Even though arguably, high elves are just as present as blood elves)

You could say the same about blood elves complimenting high elves.
I’ll believe you when Blizzard officially states that high elves don’t matter anymore and remove their presence from the game.

9 Likes

I didn’t say their story was over. I said they were not the continuation of it in the Horde or Alliance.

Right now, they are either returning home to Quel’thalas, joining and becoming Void Elves, or hanging around in a neutral city.

They were never meant to continue any story of their people.

Otherwise blizzard wouldn’t have gone to such lengths to restrict them.

Scant members are part of the Alliance.

I didn’t make the claim you got from it.

Seems clear through that the majority of high elves are either returning home, going to join the void elves, or neutral.

They field multiple large void elf combat blocks during the war, both rangers and Magisters. It’s clearly more than 10.

Don’t make things up bust cause you don’t like them.

Nightborne have no bearing on this conversation.

4 Likes

A race that the story resume to face of a other race and don’t bring anything on their own is useless and bring nothing.

High elf are as present as blood elf??? What is that statement??? Their is nearly no moment where high elf are present and blood elf are but their is a ton of moment where blood elf are present and high elf aren’t.

You clearly didn’t pay attention to the game if you thing that high elf are as present as the blood elf.

No you can’t, because blood elf have plenty of appearance and lore that isn’t tied to the alliance high elf.

Blood elf are the main character while high elf is just the side character that some time appear to face of the main character and do nothing more.

Well they did say that blood elf were high elf and that the story of the high elf is the blood elf one.

3 Likes

I support this. I kind of figured it had to do with tentacles, but I’d really like normal hair colors when the Void Elves customization pass comes around.

1 Like

This doesn’t seem clear at all. There’s no mention of high elves joining the horde. I can somewhat agree with some becoming void elves, but even then there’s no official statement that confirms they are void elves.

I’m not making things up, the scenario literally had 10 void elves. There are also hundreds of high elves in the SC, argent tourney, etc. yet I’m not going to make a statement on theit numbers.

They do because void elves were pulled out of nowhere in response to nightborne being given to the horde.

This is your opinion,
I base myself off what’s in game
You base yourself off the sentimental value you personally place on high elves.

So what? The fact that alliance fight alongside these high elves is enough to warrant their significance.
Like I said, this is a you thing, I have yet to see Blizzard state that those high elves are insignificant.

Does this translate to “high elves do not matter anymore?” for you.
Just because blood elves were high elves does not mean that high elves are irrelevant whether they take a back seat in the story, or whether their presence compliments another race.

4 Likes

To think you got more then core races - a second visual theme at that to be specific, and you still think the “VE pass is coming” if it comes it’ll be more Void thing if Blizzard listens to people who aren’t the same people they keep catering too.

1 Like

With customisation and a little backstory any player can turn their character into who ever they wish as looks can be deceiving.

Though what you commented on are very true, it is just that players may pick and choose their own fantasy in this role playing game.

1 Like

Then I don’t think you’re paying attention to the story.

Theres more than ten npcs in that a scenario.

That’s what started you on this… You made an assumption of their numbers. Lol

They have no bearing on this conversation. They’re not high elves, blood elves or void elves. They have nothing to do with them.

2 Likes

There are many holes inside the Void Lore!

This is not a opinion, this is the high elf lore since a while.
You do not base yourself on what in the game, you base yourself on your headcanon of what high elf represent since WC2 and deny anything after it.
I do not base myself on every high elf appearance that either bring nothing in the lore as it could be erase or they could be replace by human and it would be the same, or either the repercussion is one that make the blood elf lore go on.

High elf in suramar were useless and even the nightborn forget them when they tough on which side they should join.
The high elf in Mop were only use as a reason to solidify the blood elf on the horde and even there, the human had a big part to do in that story. They didn’t influence the alliance story at all.

Meanwhile the blood elf were a valuable part of the horde bfa story.
The blood elf are the reason that nightborn joined the horde.
The blood elf story in Mop was also important.
The blood elf story in BC was one of the horde main story in that expansion.

Appearance =/= importance. Near every high elf appearance aren’t important.

No because those could have been replace by human and it wouldn’t change much. A new race must bring something. It is a theme, lore or the look. the high elf bring nothing that isn’t already playable.

It do translate to ‘‘the high elf story wont continue’’ as it is already continuing withing the blood elf.

2 Likes

You could always pick your balls up and roll blood elf :wink: Void elves look like a draenei and blood elf went at it. Keep your little tentacles off of our hair colours.

Scientifically accurate.

https://cosmosmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/181204-waves-full-2048x1508.jpg

1 Like

stares blankly

the stories appear in his head

Oh no…

Why would you do this to me!?

5 Likes

Moon Guard strikes again.

3 Likes

No, it’s hyperbole and that’s it. If they weren’t wanted you wouldn’t see so many of them around. You’re just using a few people that can’t get over things that happened 14 years ago and giving them more importance than they’re due… but considering the topic, it explains why you’re giving people who can’t get over things so much weight…

Oh hey, I remember you now. You’re the one that keeps on changing the goalposts of your arguments whenever it’s convenient.

You’re the one that moved the goalpost into aesthetic territory, not me.

As long as you can pretend it didn’t happen, it doesn’t count. Gotcha.

No you just suggested changes to their NPCs which, eventually, if you weren’t disingenous, you know would be translated into player changes… all because you want them to represent something they’re not… again, ironic, all things considered.

3 Likes

This thread is still going? Ugh.