Give Void Elves Natural Hair Colors

The guild I’m in seems to have a small brigade of Blood Knights. They talk about lore sometimes. I’m tempted to make one to join in but I’m lazy.

I like mine!

He did recently leave the Blood Knights to join the Argents in protest against the Horde’s actions in the Fourth War, though…

I don’t see how they couldn’t use moon magic like Taurens use sun magic.

It literally takes a little bit of lore being written and them adding it to the roster of character/class choices, it’s not game breaking.

Anyways, can we get back on topic, and that is the High Elven customisations for Void Elves :heart:

3 Likes

I like Void Elves. I hate High Elves.

If I hated Void Elves I wouldn’t have three, I just can’t stand the players that play them usually, so say whatever makes you feel better but I’m calling BS.

Which were already done in a compromise very favorable to HE fans, certainly not to Blood Elf fans.

I hate Demon Hunters.

Good bye Metamorphosis forever :sob:

1 Like

Lann, stop bothering me. I gave up arguing with you, it is clear you’re against anyone requesting anything for Void Elves if it comes to Alliance High Elves.

2 Likes

It’s not really a compromise, because it doesn’t take anything from blood elf fans.

Blood elves haven’t lost anything. They were already canonically identical to High Elves, save their green eyes. This just allows players on both side of the faction divide to realize the characters they wanted to make.

There’s a lot more to blood elves than just their exterior appearance. The notion that blood elves “lose their identity” because of some hair colors is insulting to blood elves, because their identity is so much more than something accomplished by hair dye.

7 Likes

Blood Elves have lost most of our distinction.

Here he goes again trying to gaslight Pro Blood Elf players into thinking their customizations aren’t important while trying to rob them at the same time.

1 Like

I say this as your friend but if you are smart you will hit that ignore button.

1 Like

Distinction, identity, two words different things.

Blood elves are distinct from high elves for a lot of reasons that aren’t just aesthetic.

2 Likes

Mate if the skin colours didn’t matter no one would have pushed for them to start with. Aesthetics matter and pretending they don’t is dishonest.

2 Likes

He doesn’t have too. I’ve already done it.

Aren’t you supposed to be re-designing Orgrimmar to help Blood Elves with making perfume.

I see a ton of people calling for High Elves showing a lot of hate to Void Elves… They want us erased. We’re just a minor inconvenience to their High Elf dream.

Void Elves should be getting Void options going forward. Not more High elf ones.

(I’ll hop onto my level 50 Void Elf if you’d like. but I’ve been leveling this guy cause I really enjoy him of late.)

1 Like

This is an RPG. Character customization is a core component of the genre. Being able to make your character look like what you want is critical. That’s why high elf fans would gain so much from the options.

However, several posters in this thread have argued that enabling this customization for void elves would devalue blood elves by taking their “distinction” or “identity”. I’m saying that blood elves are more than just a hair color, and they aren’t any less distinct than they already have been.

Alliance-aligned High Elves have been in the game for years, for as long as the Blood Elves have, and often existing right besides them. Still, Blood Elves have still felt distinct because blood elves are more than just customization options. However, being able to customize your character to look how you want is critical to an RPG.

That’s why I’m arguing hair colors give High Elf fans a lot, but don’t take anything from Blood Elf fans.

2 Likes

These two points run entirely counter to each other.