Give Void Elves Natural Hair Colors

I added the last in an edit of my comment it’s a good comprehensive list of ideas not asking for all of it but BE fan request ideas.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCDPkGjMBro

I didn’t see you had added it but now I do, so thanks dearie, I will click over to it. :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I’m just at a loss at to what this would accomplish at this point. Like this implies there’s some sacred line that ought not be crossed with hair colors, but isn’t that on the very bottom rung of the sort of customization you should value? If we’re really so hard up on unique identifiers between VEs and BEs that we’re quibbling over whether or not they should implement a customization option with as much precedent as they had for skin tones, then I think the fault lies elsewhere.

I’m not really attacking your POV here either because I get it’s very subjective, but I’m curious: if there were more unique options for blood elves that VEs wouldn’t have access to, like certain tattoo styles, jewelry, etc, would the hair color bother you as much?

4 Likes

Tauren and HMT should share the foremane thing.

It’s like elf ear size.

2 Likes

Was waiting for that. :pouting_cat:

I mean kind of, yeah? It just feels like we’re so used to Blizzard underdelivering – especially on player customization – that we’d rather ask for other people to have less than we do, rather than asking for more unique customization for our favorite races in an expansion that was ostensibly supposed to bring us up to modern MMO standards.

Is hair color really that important at this point? Well no, probably not. What people don’t like, it seems, is that their characters are losing a sense of racial identity. I think that’s fair, but in my opinion some people are just looking at the wrong solutions.

5 Likes

I think you’re making this more than it is. It’s just simply the people objecting to void elves getting hair colors that will make them look more like Blood Elves are just trying to keep a semblance of difference between Void and Blood elves.

It’s not as complicated as you’re making it, imo.

4 Likes

…I mean, that’s what I just said, isn’t it? My point is that if you want to ‘keep a semblance of difference between Void and Blood Elves’ when we’ve just gotten a whole host of new customizations outside of the standard (hair/eye/skin color etc) then we should be looking for Blizzard to do more along those lines.

I don’t remember his name, but there’s a blood elf mage in Silvermoon that stands next to Lor’themar that everyone gushes about. What if, as an example, blood elves got his tattoos and similar designs like it? Wouldn’t that be more unique and meaningful than not giving VEs hair colors to match their new skin tones?

4 Likes

Blizzard leaving Void Elf hair colors as they are now would keeping a difference.

2 Likes

Theres plenty of unique requests for BE.

I prefer to stick to VE requests though, especially in a thread about VE. No use in wasting time arguing.

4 Likes

Why waste time debating someone on the merit of their opinion? Just agree to disagree and move on.

I’d like more hair colours for void elves, other people wouldn’t like them. That’s fine. Both opinions are valid.

5 Likes

This is literally me lately except when people personally attack me then I’m like why are you attacking me, learn to have a conversation without personal attacks. Lol.

4 Likes

Not a meaningful or sensible difference, though. I don’t think just having differences between races in a vacuum with 0 substance is good enough.

Yeah, of course it’s valid. I think it’s fun to explore why people hold certain positions and to discuss their merits, that’s all really. I’m not looking to change minds, I just like airing out my thoughts.

I was a little late in seeing this, but that’s fair. I’ll stop here then so the thread doesn’t get derailed.

2 Likes

It is to me. It’s about all we have left.

3 Likes

Something small’s better than nothing at all.

That’s fair. A lot of people seem to approach this with less pleasant reasons.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve never been super invested in the whole high elf debate, but it’s always seemed to brew a lot of contention. Either way it’s nice to see where people are coming from, and I guess like you said earlier we’ll see where Blizzard stands when they start rolling out AR customizations. I don’t know if they’ve ever detailed their plan, but I’d love it if new customizations became a recurring thing throughout expansions rather than a single flagship feature to draw people in.

2 Likes

I mean it’s okay it’s not like anyone else stays on topic most of the time, but I just personally dont see any value in listening to the same selfish stuff I’ve heard for years (which doesnt apply to you or anyone else, but just to me).

2 Likes

We don’t know for certain, but if they do get to consume void energies, I would not doubt expect at least some changes in form, color or more.

Honestly, I just assumed it was basically allowing people to play the high elf researchers that come to Telogrus. Anyway, I think the racial is a lot more impactful to getting across their Void corruption than the current hair colors could ever be. It activates pretty often too, and I kind of think it’s neat to go from an uncorrupted appearance to being totally infused with the Void for a little while.

2 Likes