Give Void Elves Natural Hair Colors

The weird thing is, Alleria’s natural eye colour is green. Where did the blue even come from?

4 Likes

When Burning Crusade classic comes out and you see the quest exists, I expect an apology.

Cause it did exist.

It feels like they just wanted to maintain the tenous difference, imo.

It really barely made sense that every blood elf had green eyes either. Aethas spent more time in Dalaran than around Fel crystals, but his eyes were also green for whatever reason.

1 Like

What was it called? I can’t find it since I don’t know what to look up.

1 Like

Well, guess better watch out with the headcanon, because bet “Anti” are going to say the Void was what changed the Void Elves.

Yea, I’m not going to remember the name of a quest from 13 years ago.

https://media.giphy.com/media/kHYxfpBNpTQfvDXcqT/giphy.gif

You’re still pushing that “VEs aren’t VEs they are just as much regular HEs as BEs” narrative?

1 Like

If it was removed and not replaced, it should be on Wowhead somewhere with a note that it’s been deprecated. I wouldn’t know how to find it without its name or some of the quest text (or something similar to what was said, might not need to be exact wording).

Does that come from a place of experience so you recognize it when you see it? You’re mistaken in this case but it’s good to know all the same.

No, I am pushing on the fact that it was the Etherals that originally transformed a small group of Void Elves, and not the void itself.

Again, 17 years, lol.

And for the record, they didn’t KNOW they were Fel Crystals. Kael’thas got them behind the others’ backs.

Doesn’t change the fact they siphoned from them.

And what is their name? What did they re name themselves? Where does their settlement lie? What do they study? What does their look now exemplify? What is their main theme?

coughs Void.

I feel like it’s fair to say void elves are about as different from blood elves as Lightforged are from regular draenei. Or Nightborn are from night elves. Or our local orcs (fel juice after-effects and all) from Draenor Orcs (or Dorcs, if you will).

Sauced up with some super magic for change in appearance and abilities.

So, a change of name means a new race now does it?

Lets use your headcanon against you and say the same thing about the Blood Elves then?

I don’t remember this quest. Was it the player siphoning, or it mentioned that other Blood Elves were doing it? I do remember that Thirst Unending used to have players using Mana Tap on Mana Wyrms, rather than just Arcane Torrent.

Being near turned into Ethereals does.

That happened to BEs? Oh wait no the people it happened to go by VEs now so it’s literally more than just a name change which in BEs case is what it was.

Just because you like to pass headcanon interpretations as fact doesn’t mean everyone does Sara.

Brb, scouring Wowhead link by link to find this supposed quest that totally existed and that I must have missed despite making at least 10 blood elves prior to cata.

3 Likes

https://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=9526

Here’s another person recounting it.

The Blood Elves were not told they were Fel Crystals. Kael’thas became addicted to the Fel on Outland and brought them back to Silvermoon.

But they siphoned the magic from them either way.

There’s also the book Exploring Azeroth: The Eastern Kingdoms, which states: “In the end, with their addiction to first arcane magic and then fel energy, and the horrors brought to their doorstep and beyond by Arthas Menethil and the Scourge, the blood elves demonstrated great courage, determination, and strength.”

1 Like

And that was only Umbric and his followers. But they were saved by Alleria duing there transformation. And no, that does not mean a new race. They changed there name, and establish themselves as Void Elves or the Ren’dorei. That is it. A Name change.

Just like how the Blood Elves did the same to honor there fallen.

You’re pushing real hard to get that passed off as fact and it never will be lol.

I’ll leave this here for emphasis though.

1 Like