Give Void Elves Natural Hair Colors

It’s Blizzard so I doubt there will be much. Remember that time they told us they were going to be adding more ars over the course of bfa and it was literally just vulpera and mechagnomes?

Took well and truly over 24 hours for my Armory to show me as an Orc instead of a Blood Elf after I paid for a race change. Things in the armory seems to be slow.

They do have the right to request it.

Others have the right to contest it.

Its a public forum.

4 Likes

I honestly don’t want void elves to steal anything else from blood elves, it does mess with the blood elf identity.

This can easily be worked around by simply giving void elves some human hair colors and their own hairstyles, that way everyone is happy. (Well except for those who are just unhappy no matter what)

2 Likes

Well, that is something I have suggested. But even going back a couple of threads, and people have been still saying, “that is stealing from the Blood Elves”.

3 Likes

I still find it so weird there’s people who feel that others don’t have the right to hold a different opinion on a forum. Go to discord if you want an echo chamber.

4 Likes

As I said in another thread:

Anyone find it funny that when Purple Eyes were first datamined as Void Elf only, the blood elves rushed to complain they weren’t getting the option too?

Even those those same people are here arguing Void Elves shouldn’t get natural hair color because there should be differences between the races, when they literally just threw a tantrum for purple eyes.

8 Likes

I didn’t throw a tantrum over purple eyes.

1 Like

Not really, a lot of people feel that blood elves got too little and void elves too much. Wanting to keep them separate doesn’t mean people want void elves to get all blood elf stuff plus a bunch of extra stuff.

3 Likes

Welp, this is just ironic.

I see, but that seems to be more about how she self identifies as rather than any biology/void infusion she might have.
Recently they also said that Tess Greymane doesn’t really identify as a Princess either but we know she is, regardless of how she feels.

Anyway thanks for the clarification!

Void elves shouldn’t get all belf hair colours for sure and they could get some different shades but I think a couple would have to be shared given that black/white seem obvious and belves got those.

Hairstyles are a no though, I agree. Doesn’t mea velves couldn’t get other hairstyles. IMO they should get more braids and stuff that belves don’t really use and alleria and helves would be seen using.

1 Like

Blood elves have braids, high elves use the exact same hair styles as blood elves and there are high elves amongst the blood elves as of this patch.

There’s no high elves among blood elves, just blood elves with blue eye colours.
I’m not talking about the long braids belves have, but the type you see on art like Alleria’s and stuff.

1 Like

The dev statement people have taken to mean the new velf options represent high elves explicitly says it’s to let people pick their allegiance. If there are Alliance high elves there are now Horde high elves.

1 Like

I see no reason to keep normal haircolors from void elves. They’ve given us normal skin tones, it’s not a far leap to assume they can retain normal haircolors as well.

As far as looking “different” from Blood Elves goes, there’s still plenty difference. Blood Elves have golden eyes, green eyes, jewelry, etc. Anyone who insists that normal haircolors need to remain blood elf only to help you differentiate between a void elf and a blood elf at a glance are being petty, imo. I’m not swayed by that argument and I find it hard to believe anyone with honest intentions could be either.

7 Likes

To be fair, I don’t see why blood elves shouldn’t have access to those eyes. But yeah I’m “pro-voidelves receiving new hair colors” though, because that’s apparently what I’ve graduated to for simply tolerating people wanting to be able to choose their own hair color.

1 Like

There’s no reason to believe that in lore, since the entire identity of the belfs and helfs is their political divide. Both groups won’t mix. But you are free to RP as whatever of course.

1 Like

By that logic, Void Elves should have Gold and Green Eye options too, because Alleria specifically states that BOTH High Elves and Blood Elves are visiting Telogrus Rift.

And the new skin colors imply they’re making new Void Elves from volunteers, so it only makes sense Void Elves should have the same eye options. (And Hair Color, as has been said. I’d stick with my pink hair, but they should still be an option)

Leave the “unique” things the jewelry for Blood Elves and the Void Hair for Void Elves.

Well sorry then, but then there aren’t Alliance high elves. Dev statements are meta commentary and either you’re rejecting it, thus meaning the new options don’t represent lore, or you accept it and say high elves are in both factions. You can’t have it both ways.

4 Likes

Why not?

Lor’themar and the Blood Elves basically state they’d like to reincorporate their brethren back into the fold.

Its reasonable that any high elf that wants to go back home would be welcomed just fine. Would they change their name to blood elf? Probably. But since there is no difference except a name between the two anyways, that wont change much.

Keep in mind their main issue with Blood Elves was sucking mana from living things, which they no longer need to do. The political aspect over time has long worn down. How many expansions have we all ended up working side by side?

Further on the Void Elf end we see both Blood and High Elves joining their ranks to follow Alleria’s path.

The future High Elf story is Void and Blood.

1 Like