Give us Vanilla, NOT pre-TBC with gated content

This is correct. But you are still saying that any version of vanilla was difficult. It wasn’t.

It was grindy. Thats not an indication of difficulty. It’s an indication of time investment. Their is a difference.

Game difficulty and time investment aren’t mutually cohesive. A game can be a time sink (like vanilla) and still not be difficult by any means.

2 Likes

Blizzard disgrees with you, also that makes no sense.

Most nerfed maybe, but most incomplete? It was the only patch with all content available.

In quotes, because… its a quote from Blizzard.

Everyone is still waiting for you to post on an account that has any vanilla experience.

I can play that game too.

LOL. I never claimed to step foot in Naxx, much less with no warrior tanks. The account you are posting on appears to start in Wrath. What was the name and server of your paladin that tanked Naxx?

It’s really simple. If you are not lying, post it. Deflection doesn’t help your cause. :wink:

1 Like

Oh yea? When did I say that?

This is not about whether the game is “difficult”. Difficult for whom? Even with 1.12, the game would still be difficult for my mom, or for my 5 year old niece.

Since the beginning, my point has been, if you want to recreate Vanilla, you should go with a difficulty level that is representative of Vanilla as a whole. 1.12 is an outlier in terms of difficulty, being the easiest version by far. This is one of many reasons why people remember the game being more difficult. For example, someone who played a feral druid tank in early Vanilla would have wiped in the wailing caverns because the armor bonus was abysmal in early versions.

At the time that 1.12 was announced, many people were okay with it because they had been spoiled by the artificial difficulty boost of private servers, which makes the content more engaging, challenging, and rewarding for most players.

2 Likes

Say that to my Ancient Frostsaber. :disappointed_relieved::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I’d agree it’s most “complete” in terms of content like raids. But in terms of changes it’s probably the worst patch they could’ve chosen.

Also, since when is the consensus that Vanilla is defined just by 1.12? I’ve never heard this before. Private Servers might be running 1.12 but from what I know they also use old systems from previous patches like the AV, Unarmored Mounts, debuff slots and many other things!

1 Like

It’s still available to use, just not buy. Or at least, was in 1.12.

That’s pointless since NO ONE CAN BUY IT EVER in Classic.

<insert smart-sounding, passive aggressive words here>

Ya i agree. too late now though.

1 Like

They will hopefully learn their lesson when people quit after every guild with a 40 man roster steamrolls MC and Ony.

2 Likes

OH, instead of changes I rather have everything out day 1 that was apart of 1.12 like nax and dire maul stuff.
The whole time gate content isn’t my thing.

This causes problems with progression though. Having certain things that weren’t out yet but are obtainable early makes it so other things we might progress with just not usable. If DM is in launch for example, many people have pre-raid BiS in that area alone and it changes the way players progress.

Raid progression is very important, as is content progression. That’s why it’s time gated.

As opposed to inconvenient and unrewarding. 1.12 was the same team that released the game and knew some conveniences were healthy for the game within moderation.

If you want pure release, only ragnaros, no bgs, dishonorable kills, broken quests, bugs and all then watch as even the most hardcore nostalgia players leave. 1.12 isn’t perfect, but it’s actually the most promising.

2 Likes

That is incorrect. You have to bring the challenge of using a client of the phase’s patch if you are gating content to do it properly. Otherwise, you have current content that is far easier than the game was designed around. Sure, it wouldn’t be hard at any point, but it’s more authentic to have the proper difficulty.

A retail player prefers the overly convenient, faster rewarding 1.12?

Say it isn’t so. I never would have guessed.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if those defending the 1.12 are paid trolls or just retail players that don’t know what they are talking about and/or want easy mode for Classic.

2 Likes

The conspiracy! Seriously, I get you have an opinion (like everyone), but to suggest people are paid to disagree with something that is easy to disagree with? That’s just sad…

2 Likes

Gotta love how it’s now a competition to be the “most Classic” WoW Classic supporter.

If you don’t like it, go back to your pservers and enjoy losing your progress when Blizz puts their boot down August 28th.