Give the option to remove Entropic Embrace completely!

Exactly. It’s far along enough that a good amount of people are at least reasonably satisfied.

As far as I recall, there aren’t any racial specific glyphs in the game currently. Though having said that, I certainly wouldn’t mind additional racial customization added to the game in general. I disagree with a glyph to turn it off, though I do think it would be neat if they could adjust it a little: tweak the colour to possibly a purple of some sort, maybe allow (at least optional) glowing hair like Alleria has, etc.

3 Likes

I don’t think they should allow void elves to hide Entropic Embrace, but still reap its benefits.

The only way they should add full Alliance high elves is if they add a sub-race system. Then you’d pick, I dunno what they’d call it (Thalassian I guess?), and get to choose from void elf or high elf on the Alliance side.

I certainly wouldn’t mind it. It’s not something I’m actively campaigning for, because I’m pretty satisfied with my mini Allerias. It certainly isn’t something I oppose though.

3 Likes

Considering how it’s just an animation, I think it should be hidden with certain toggles like how they did with certain Death Knight animation, and also how glyph removed Moonkin into humanoid. It’s possible. Players should choose how they want to play their character.

1 Like

I just want them to focus on giving blood elves some good customization that they won’t then give to void elves.

3 Likes

Maybe if Blizzard would stop seeing each customization pass with Blood Elves losing visual uniqueness and actually get something Reno would return!

2 Likes

I miss Reno :frowning:

2 Likes

Him and bro had the best posts!

3 Likes

Glyph of Stars removes the fact that you’re a Moonkin, but it still gives you a very noticeable blue glow across your entire character. It’s similar in that way to the Shadowform Glyph for Priests that reduces the effect without entirely removing it.

Assuming Blizzard did create an Entropic Embrace glyph, I’d have to imagine it would veer more into the territory of reducing the effect or changing it entirely, rather than outright removing it.

5 Likes

I don’t know about completely removing it. The game’s tooltip skill is definitely here to stay, but animation effect can always be altercated since it does not affect the gameplay function.

As long as there was still a clearly displayed visual effect for the proc, I’d say it seems within the realm of possibility for them to add a glyph or toggle of some kind.

2 Likes

For a high elf theme, they could make it available in an arcane colour or something.

I’d rather it not be completely invisible though. That’s boring. The Mag’har one has a display when you active it, but then for its duration it’s completely invisible and it’s boring as heck.

1 Like

I never understood why they did that for Mag’har, since the Orc one has a lasting display.

It’s only an icon floating above your head and a red glow on your hands, but still. It gives a little bit of visual interest.

1 Like

It could be okay for non-paladin/priest to have arcane effect like silvery looks while paladin/priest could be light effect like lot of paladin/priest fans out there.

1 Like

See, a void elf with a Light proc is just strange though. That’s why in that instance high elf would work better in a sub-race system.

2 Likes

I always felt that it was a bit weird to see void elf casting and speccing as Holy. and there had been some void elves that RP as Holy priest.

Sub-Race would work, but I am assuming if you entirely go paladin with holy effect, some how the game race’s description changes label to high elf maybe?

1 Like

The sub-race system some players have requested adds sub-races to all (or most at least) of the currently available races. In that instance, you’d just click the Thalassian race on the Alliance, and then choose between void elf or high elf. Presumably Paladin wouldn’t be available to void elf, only high elf.

I’ve also seen it suggested that same faction ARs get rolled into sub-races of their parent races, like Mag’har and green being sub-races of Orc.

1 Like

Most outlines I’ve seen for a full-fledged Sub-Race system would change the tooltip for your race to that of the Sub-Race. So if Wildhammer was a Sub-Race for Dwarves, you would be called a Wilderhammer Dwarf by the game if you chose it.

Many even have class restrictions tied to the Sub-Race system, so if that was a thing, if High Elf was the Sub-Race and Void Elf was the main race, in that instance I would think Paladin would be restricted to the High Elf Sub-Race.

1 Like

I think sub-race tool tip would also solve the question on players wanting to be Forest or Sand trolls.

1 Like

Would be nice for Wildhammer fans as well. If they did a Sub-Race system, I would like to see the Sub-Races get their own heritage armours to go along with it.

1 Like

Yes, that’s also a good example, though I’d hope Forest Trolls also had the option of an updated version of the buffer model for males.

1 Like