Give the option to remove Entropic Embrace completely!

The lore they literally created. About light and undeath. That light and undeath, like light and void, are counter to one another, and thus are volatile towards each other. There’s even an undead priest who when using light magic says that it burns him when he uses it. So I would imagine infusing yourself with light completely would literally cause their body to collapse.

Void elves have changed fundamentally from a Thalassian. They are biologically no longer the same. They literally have purple blood for crying out loud. And when you use the child thing that turns you into a kid, you’re a voidling. Further cementing that you’re a child of the void now, and whatever humanity you had left is essentially gone.

Void elves are not high elves any longer. They do not carry the same ideals or themes.

Cdev had some answer on undead using the light.

It basically said it basically slowly and systematically kinda sorta brings them back to life a little.

It burns. They can feel gross things and smell their own rot, but they don’t explode.

If you look at the wow cosmology chart, undeath isn’t opposite the Light. Void is opposite the Light. Undead is adjacent to void and opposite life. Arcane and fel are opposites.

I’d say given the cosmology chart, a Felblood Elf Paladin is more plausible than a Void Elf Paladin.

And frankly, a better story could be written featuring one.

3 Likes

The existing undead NPCs would run counter to what you imagine.

3 Likes

sir that is not a source that is a claim about the lore.

4 Likes

I don’t understand why someone on borean tundra cares so much about high elf lore. It’s not like there is anyone RPing on that server.

Different writers. We have never seen them again. But fine, if you want them, you can have them. It makes absolutely no sense for them to be paladins though, considering their whole life and existence would be one of a hellish, and painful state of being.

I just want to play a high elf. I don’t want to rp anything. I want high elf playable. Simple as that.

This doesn’t make them non-canon. There would need to be an explicit retcon for that.

4 Likes

Okay. Here’s this. As an enemy faction, it’s fine for undead paladins, because them being in that state is okay. They were meant to suffer, so that’s like a punishment. They are our enemies, and only get a smidge of sympathy. We put them down though, and they are all gone.

As for a playable? No. No playable undead would undergo that pain. Again, there life would be misery. How could a being who inflicts absolute torture on themselves be capable of being this grand hero? There is no way they’d hold out for an entire expansion if that was the case. It makes no sense.

1 Like

non-rpers started to get into the lore a lot more with MoP and really kicked off during Legion. This is due to the budding of people who read the books making video’s about the lore and blizzard investing time into the lore itself through the game.

I wasn’t arguing for them to be playable. I was refuting your point that they would explode.

1 Like

@rita thread creator is your lvl 120 character poster you were seeing if folks like them still existed

Exactly. All I said about it was that “they can exist”.

3 Likes

Then accept that you are a Void Elf, or roll Horde. Blizzard already caved and gave non-void customisations to Void Elves to make them more high-elf like.
Personally I wanted more tentacle hair options. More tentacles in general. MORE CORRUPTION

2 Likes

Oh well. My focus was more on the playable side. Them existing doesn’t really matter though, as they are all gone.

You can already play a high elf.

You have stolen our hair colors and our skin colors. You can install TRP3 and set your race name to High Elf. You can macro an EE cancel aura to your spells and never see the effect again.

Why do you feel so entitled to special treatment when you have all the tools that you need?

I personally want Void Elves to stop stealing Blood Elf customizations. I want Blood Elves to get a real customization pass and nothing we do get ever be shared with Void Elves again. I’m tired of you peoples’ constant endless demands and tantrums even though you already have everything you want.

This is what would make both Undead and Felblood Elf Paladins so darn interesting.

Much more interesting than boring basic blonde pure elf paladin which is basically male human paladin with long ears.

1 Like

Not me. Nah. I had been okay with high elf options and more non-wet hair would be nice tbh.

1 Like

I am tired of you people too.

1 Like

Accepting things gets you nowhere. Don’t be some sheep and waddle on through life if you feel something is unjust or not right. Fight for things you believe in. We got this far by fighting, but it’s not over.

1 Like

Y’all had interesting pallies in TBC, then blizzard said actually no during the sunwell patch and ran a ship through that uniqueness.