Give the Horde a break

I mean, I’m not at all surprised that nu-Blizzard retconned the savages to be savagely evil when the video game depicted something entirely different.

:man_shrugging:

Unless of course it’s you know who editing wikipedia.
Again.

The video game depicts Grom Hellscreams genocidal rampage through Ashenvale, without ever apologizing to any of his victims- Nightelf or Human.

1 Like

The video game depicts the night elves killing orcs through guerilla warfare without attempting any diplomacy, then Grom killing Cenarius.
:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Fixed that for you

1 Like

Well my recollection is that the nightelves attacked both the humans and orcs in the first instance. They were also not terribly bothered by green goblin entrepreneurs selling shredders in the middle of their forest to random passersby.

3 Likes

It makes so little sense that I’m willing to call that a case of “just gameplay”

Or maybe
just maybe
the trees were less important to the nelves than the land itself and blizzard hadn’t had them figured out yet.

You’re talking about the same game that introduced them as the only faction that doesn’t fell trees to harvest lumber.

1 Like

The night elf campaign is chronologically the last one. When they attack the humans the orcs had already killed Cenarius and the humans and orcs who killed Cenarius were there also destroying the forest. Goblins are just game mechanics.

1 Like

Yeah.
And the same game that had goblins selling shredders in the middle of Ashenvale.
And the game that had nelves laughing whilst orcs cut trees down.
Remember, Metzen had one hell of a time selling Night Elves as a player race in WoW.

Out of context, this is my favorite line in this whole thread.

8 Likes

Care to explain how a hidden shredder merchant just waiting for Orcs to advance deep enough into the forest to buy his mechs makes at least some amount of sense?

And I stand by that!

2 Likes

Are you ready for more headcannon and outright lies from Treng?

I got $10 he says because some night elf male this time laughed and it made the goblin soo mad…he setup shop to sell shredders and…well something something blizz racists against genocidal orcs…something something laughing females.

Thats how bizarre this whole conversation has been :wolf:

2 Likes

Sure.
At the time, nelves weren’t written to care about trees like they do now. Elsewise, they wouldn’t be having a giggle when orcs cut them down.
They’d just start blastin’.

Does…anyone want to tell Treng that the Kaldorei literally use wisps to SAFELY harvest wood without harming the trees?

But that somehow means they don’t care…because two female sentinels decided to have some fun killing some orcs who were rampaging through their SACRED forests :eyes:

1 Like

Probably this

Makes as much sense as night elves not killing Dranei on sight. They don’t know orcs/humans, but the Dranei fit the description of the burning legion to a tee.

4 Likes

They placed a shredder merchant in Ashenvale for Orc players to use to show that night Elves don’t care about trees, while also designing them as the most eco friendly faction that doesn’t fell trees? And one giggling night elf spy is further evidence that all of Nightelfkind doesn’t care about trees? And the whole point of defending against the Orcs is to kill Orcs, and not to defend the forest?

I told him that already, he ignores the wisp as well as what the sentinel says in that exact campaign like 1 minute later when they actually attack. He just has no clue what happens in anything and only goes with weird head canon that is based on nothing.

http://classic.battle.net/war3/nightelf/units/wisp.shtml

3 Likes