Give the Horde a break

If they sensed fel taint why are they laughing and playing ghosties instead of immediately going warmode? We see how night elves react to demons, even in warcraft 3.

The difference is night and day.

1 Like

This isn’t true at all, even in WC3 they attacked the orcs because they were destroying the forest. They were always protective of nature and the forest, in that mission Grom says “we need a great deal of lumber, this section of forest must be cleared” then the huntress said later when they “have no respect for life. Slay them in Elune’s name”. Wisps don’t even chop down trees.

Wisps do not use up trees when they harvest which gives Night Elves the advantage of not having to seek out additional Lumber.

You have really gone off the deep end if you don’t think the night elves were retconned to care about nature.

5 Likes

We don’t kink shame here, leave the NEs alone. What they do in the privacy of their own grove is their business.

1 Like

Mh… Dreadmore. Did the scene of women laughing about ugly brutes… hurt you? You seem to be utterly flabbergasted about people taunting their enemies before attacking them.

2 Likes

I’m not aware of Night Elves (apart from Demon Hunters) being able to innately sense the presence of fel. And even if they were capable, that isn’t what happens. They watch them cutting down trees, don’t like it, then start killing them over it. Then Cenarius shows up and does sense a demonic presence in the following mission.

2 Likes

I even mentioned that mission in my post which you obviously didn’t read, but nothing says they don’t care about the trees.

3 Likes

They’re literally tormenting the orcs instead of doing the sane thing and opening diplomatic relations. the night elves left no signs or markers that “Hey, you’re entering sovereign territory.” The orcs had no way to know.

Later, sure.
After they’d been tormenting the orcs and playing ghosties instead of sending a diplomat, or even telling them “Hey, you’re on sovereign territory.”

They didn’t even give the orcs the chance to withdraw. They just tormented them and killed them.

Then they cried when the orcs fought back instead of fleeing.

1 Like

Well, that settles that.

3 Likes

When the orcs drank demon blood and wanted to conquer the world in the name of their new masters?

1 Like

ye
/10chars

“A bunch of forest people mysteriously attacked us for chopping down trees. I don’t know what to make of it.”

1 Like

So what we’re arguing here is:

Should the night elves negotiated with demon-tainted terrorists who showed no regard for life?

This just doesn’t sound so damning.

3 Likes

This is more for the other people in the room.
What Gurdakar is strawmanning is that the orcs hadn’t seen the elves yet. The nelves were playing ghosts and killing peons and laughing about it.

They didn’t know the orcs were demon tainted at all at first, so yeah.
And no regard for life?
I’m watching the video and I still haven’t found what Mara’s referring to.
Maybe she’ll be kind and time stamp it.

The answer is obvious. Night Elves don’t care for trees. That’s a retcon!

Elves living in forests and defending them is… NEW for Orcs? Does Warcraft 2 ring a bell?

That’s like 2 minutes into the mission. There is nothing in that mission that says the night elves don’t care about the trees. There is like one “laugh” that you are blowing out of proportion for some strange reason, the rest is them just speaking elvish or whatever.

If their culture was one that valued the life of trees, the orcs would be the one tormenting and killing lifeforms in their eyes. They just see these people show up and start trying to clear large sections of their sacred forest.

1 Like

Actions speak louder than words.
They thought it was a laughing matter until they became aware of the demon taint.

The trees which the orcs didn’t corrupt, but the Draenei’s appearance did.

1 Like

What were they laughing about, exactly?

1 Like

How scared the peons were.
Which you’d know if you’d actually watch the video I’ve linked. It isn’t even deep in. Less than a minute.

1 Like

I rewatched the scene and it doesn’t say that (maybe there are subtitles in a different version? Idk.)

1 Like