Give the Horde a break

“Think about it man. If Night elves cared about trees, why are they laughing? WHY ARE THEY LAUGHING?”.

That scene doesn’t imply what you think it does. Take your meds.

At what point do Orcs understand that they’re not welcome?

1 Like

Looks at Ashenvale
“… never?”

2 Likes

“I can still hear it…the laughter…”

1 Like

It was not directed at you. It doesn’t matter what you’ve laid out, because I wasn’t even talking to you.

But, you’re going real hard on something that is wrapped up pretty quickly in the actual zone questing:

Daedal says: This should do it…

Daedal says: Wake up little creature. Wake up from your slumber… You are safe now.

Injured Night Elf Priestess groans.

Injured Night Elf Priestess sits up.

Injured Night Elf Priestess says: Whe… Where am I? What… What is this place?

Injured Night Elf Priestess says: BY THE LIGHT OF ELUNE! Eredar! Cursed demons, what have you done to me? I have not come alone, we will fight you as we have in the past! I…

Injured Night Elf Priestess falls back into a coma.

Anchorite Fateema says: Man’ari… But how… We are not eredar! She must know! If there are others like her, we must find them and explain…

5 Likes

You can see land long before you reach the northern part of the isle where Draenei are camped.

Yeah, it kind’ve does.
Also, nice ad hominem.
So, you can’t reason out why night elves are toying with orcs and laughing as they cut the trees that night elves are later retconned to be ultra protective of.
Got it.

If you attack an army without giving any due notice of their being in foreign land, you are initiating war.
The Night Elves didn’t care about diplomacy, they wanted to get their jollies as seen in the video I’ve linked you threeish times.

My entire point is that no leader would risk their people on one person’s say-so that they’re A-Okay. Especially when that race is ultra familiar with shape shifting demons who pretend to be good people only to screw you over.

2 Likes

You’re a lost cause. Like, seriously wtf hahahaha.

2 Likes

"How can they love trees if they know laughter?!?"

~Treng, 2022

Now that is how you strawman!!

5 Likes

It’s certainly not how night elves have reacted since.
Night Elves loved tormenting other races that didn’t happen to be subservient to them, at least at War3’s release.
:man_shrugging:

Indeed and honestly, it’s hard to know who has it worse now that SL is concluded.

Whatever anyone could say, the fact is that on screen, the Alliance has lost far more than the Horde in terms of territories and casualties.
Only in books we are told that we got some majors victories like Ashenvale being taken back at 80% with all its borders occupied by the Night elves.
In Cataclysm and BfA, the story is more Horde centric with the Alliance just being spectators.

That’s why “Horde favoritism” is still pretty persistent even today.

For the Horde on the other hand…
Yes their victories are shown on screen but at what cost?
The “Honorable Horde” is what we are supposed to have at the start but because the team is only interested in the Horde “metal”, it simply doesn’t exist until it’s needed to avoid the Horde to be obliterated by the Alliance.
The faction also lost several leaders and some for no reason like Cairne and Vol’jin.

Thanks to the abysmal level of writing, there is a lack of new blood in the Horde.
Worse, i’m pretty sure that because it’s not around the Horde “metal”, the Honorable Horde doesn’t get significant story content. (Legion and Shadowland)

Before the release of Shadowland, we were told that we will explore the tauren religious beliefs with Baine. Guess what was cut now that Shadowland is finished?

The writing team seems only capable to disappoint when it come to faction development and both side are angry.

I know that’s just a band aid, but there’re several clues that make me think that Gilneas is already under the Alliance banner:

• The Silverpines forest questline (Horde): The gilnean army managed to kick the Horde out of Gilneas. Despite being forced to retreat from the Silverpines forest, the worgens were still guarding Greymann wall and there’re troops inside the region.

• Mist of Pandaria: Varian telling us that Gilneas will be purified to keep the Horde in check.
    It’s only possible if the Alliance control Gilneas logically.

• Before the Storm (novel): Gilneas is the first though of Anduin as a neutral ground for the gathering before dismissing the idea because of Greymann.
    At the very least it means that the Horde did not control Gilneas.

• Battle for Azeroth: According to the mission table, the Alliance (most likely the gilnean army supporting the Bloodfangs) resume its assault in the Silverpines forest.
    It’s only possible with a good harbor to provide troops and Gilneas was the only harbor available for the Alliance.
    Beside with Ivar Bloodfang present at Darkshore, it’s very likely that the Silverpines forest was already conquered by the Alliance.

• Exploring Azeroth: Eastern kingdoms (book): It’s confirmed that Ivar bloodfang managed to take back Shadowfang keep and Fenris island meaning that the Silverpines forest is mostly (if not all) under the Alliance banner.
    It’s very doubtful that Ivar managed such a feat with Gilneas under the Horde banner.

I know that’s only clues and conjectures but everything is pointing to Gilneas being fully conquered by the Alliance.

I don’t know why the writers don’t want to say that Gilneas is retaken or is in the process of being repopulated by the gilneans, but our story need a resolution:

• It was to punish Sylvanas - unfortunatly this part of our story was shifted to the night elves while we were forgotten in Shadowland.
  • Going back to Gilneas, the clear goal at the end of our introduction quest.
    Was it that hard to just clean up everything related to the Forsakens and add worgens NPC with a INN, merchants and so on?
1 Like

“Guys, Night Elves liking trees is a retcon, i swear!”

Humans were tormented and/or subservient to them?

IDK, the strawman is beginning to sound more rational.

You seemed pretty bothered by the Night Elves not noticing that the Draenei looked like Archimonde, while that bit of quest dialogue is exactly that.

1 Like

The draenei are all over the island trying to heal it and the creatures there while trying to save as many lives as they can. You are working on the idea that night elves just attack anything in sight without observation first just because there was an accident. That would actually be out of character for them, not even doing any kind of recon.

2 Likes

::He would look at the one land that the Alliance lost, and the three(???) that the Horde did.::

::He would look at none of the hero characters the Alliance lost, and the three(???) that the Horde did.::

Duke what’s his nugget was immediately killed.
By that time, Tyrande had already borne witness to Archimonde IIRC.

Nah homie, I’m bothered that these fellas aren’t recognizing it while (at least Gurdakar was) saying “Green skin means fel!!! Fel means demons!!”

Okay now I am definitely going to ask you for sources.
We agree the Draenei are trying to heal it, but let’s see where they are in the questing.
Cause all over? Seen long before Bloodmyst could be seen?
Seem testy.

2 Likes

What WHAT?!

3 Likes

Orcs invade Ashenvale in WoW:
No jokes, Night elves commit murder.

Orcs invade Ashenvale in War3: heh look @ these noobs, i’mma make them think they’re haunted.

It’s taken with the seriousness that the lore requires in WoW.
It’s not in War3.

1 Like

Yeah I dunno what the green skin = fel justification was about. It didn’t happen that way. There are goblins in the same forest, green skin and all, not being murdered or assumed to be Legion lackeys. More amusingly, the orcs turn red when they actually do get fel-juiced.

2 Likes

I considered bringing up trolls, too.

1 Like

The Horde has been a major cause of Alliance losses and while Alliance doesn’t retaliate much against the Horde… when they do it is always justified in one manner or another.

I would guess this is why Dreadmore is being such a revisionist historian. He is trying to set a record that if Orcs or Horde are killing NEs it is because of a previous wrong to make the situation more compelling for him.
He keeps rolling Natural 1s when he rolls for speech here but at least he keeps trying.

I think the question everone should be asking here if we want to consider the Original intent of the poster here.

Both factions need rebuilding. Both factions need more character development.
Alliance needs the Horde to answer for their crimes. There are myriad of wrongs that the Horde has just walked away from.

What does the Horde need from the Alliance?

3 Likes

So, uh, the ignored Goblin shop in the middle of an enchanted forest magically selling tree chopping machines for orcs is canon? And why do you assume fel taint can’t be sensed?