Give the Horde a break

Btdubs

For the silly fellas who buy mara’s trolling about Archimondo’s size:

Kil’jaeden and Archimonde can both change size and shape.

2 Likes

We can agree that the attack happened because of Tyrande’s orders, right? Or are you so lost in your own headcanon that you detach Tyrande from the rest of the Night Elves?

What races were subservient to the Night Elves? Gnomes? Dwarves have a contract on our garden services for another 400 years.

They attacked the orcs for despoiling the forest. Cenarius was the following mission.

I think the subject is getting lost in the woods here of trying to spin either side as right or wrong, when the introduction of Night Elves was supposed to convey how ferocious and warrior-like they were. Part of that presentation was that, yes, they will pin-cushion you for daring to cut down trees in their homeland. It was a unique spin on elves as popular fantasy had known them up until that point, including High Elves from Quel’Thalas.

In a subsequent mission, while watching the Alliance fight the Scourge, Tyrande calls the outsiders mongrels and basically just lumps them in with the Horde who killed Cenarius. There’s definitely a xenophobic bent to their presentation, but they’re not blindly racist or anything. Part of that chapter of the game was highlighting how three factions that hated or mistrusted one another had to set aside their differences and grudges and come together.

6 Likes

And that history is not cleaning up after an accident.

Only if you accept head-canon trumping actual lore, which nobody but you does.

It’s why you have to literally drop large swaths of an argument to fixate on little nothing-burgers that have literally no relevance to anything being discussed like “well, like, Tyrande knew Tichondrius, so…”

5 Likes

This is a strange point, if there are no night elves to see the corruption caused by the crash, then why would they attack the draenei for what they did? If they are there to just see the problems caused by the crash but not observe the survivors that would be erratic.

This is all based on whether or not the night elves saw anything. If they didn’t observe the crash they wouldn’t see the problems caused by it, if they did observe it enough to see the problems caused, they would see the draenei fixing these problems.

This all goes back to you not playing the starting zone.

Yes, a crash is not a reason the night elves attacked people. The night elves attacked the orcs based on their actions and how they viewed them, they saw it as “making war on the forest”.

I think the problem is you judge people too much on appearance “you look like x so I hate you”, that’s not really a reasoon the night elves attack people. I’ll quote Chronicles again

Tyrande ordered her Sentinels to observe the newcomers from a distance. She hoped that the refugees were merely passing through Ashenvale en route to other lands. She was wrong. Some of the Horde’s green-skinned orcs made war on the forests. They stole from the woodlands without asking, felling trees with reckless abandon. Tyrande had no love for these creatrues. They were brutish and violent.

5 Likes

“The Legion crash-landed on crystal ships and are attacking mutants they set loose on the isle. Dear god, one of them is fishing in a stream. DEMON!”

6 Likes

“Fishing with a what? A NET?!? SEND EVERYONE!”

1 Like

shivers in IMPOSSIBLE DISGUST

1 Like

No, because I’ve posted video evidence of that not being the case.
Tyrande wasn’t aware of the orcs at all until Cenarius had died, at least in the game.
Whether chronicles retcons that or not, the night elves (nor Tyrande) announce themselves to the orcs and tell them “hey, you’re stealing from us.” or “you’re on private property.”

instead they play ghosties and kill peons for the lols.

Read.

The Draenei caused more widespread damage than they could repair in quick succession. Indeed, they still aren’t done even when you finish questing there.

Alas, we’ve got a pandaren who can attest that their fall was heard.
https://i.imgur.com/TCpQZgp.jpg
Are you perchance telling me the Night Elves didn’t see the Exodar fall?

An invasion was.
Which this looks like.

Chronicle may well have retconned things, but regardless it was author fiat that allowed the Draenei save haven with the night elves in actual gameplay.

Oh. Hey. A strawman.
Completely ignoring that they’re Archimondo look alikes who inadvertently corrupted the land that everyone swears night elves care a great deal about not being corrupted.

2 Likes

Agreed! Though I think old NEs would have pin cushioned even if the Orcs were setting up a flower shop.
Not today’s NEs though and that is kind of boring.

I cannot logically understand what Dread wants to get at but I will say this.
Right now the races are so damn boring, and me “defending” the NE behavior is just trying to set the record straight.
In my humble opinion the NEs should remain hyper protectionist. Any person in their land should get dialogues that range from “Mongrel despoilers!” to “Ugh Human… our treaty allows you to be here but while you are at it kill those Satyrs”

Thats fun! It adds more character to the races, where each race is a slight extreme.
Right now everyone behaves almost the same way but has different regional accent.

Dwarves that mine into mountains they should not and causing all sorts of troubles? Nope here is some beer and russian dancing humans with a scottish accent. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Dude, how are you going to tell someone they don’t know what strawmanning means then turn around and accuse someone else of it for cracking a joke (that is 100% accurate to what is actually happening in the Draenei starting zone) in response to someone else’s post.

8 Likes

Reminder.
This is what spawned this entire diatribe.
Gurdakar suggesting that orcs were more noticeably fel-tainted than the fellas who look exactly like Archimonde.

3 Likes

Yes… this is not a revelation.
You are arguing NEs are racist by pointing out that they did not attack someone just because they looked a certain way.

3 Likes

Denizens of the ship laying all over the ground and the ship in ruins looks like an invasion to you? I don’t know what the night elves saw or did not see, but this was no shown to look like an invasion.

That’s still irrelevant to what the night elves saw or did not see as is this:

He was on Azuremyst and hearing a crash doesn’t indicate anything.

Not really no, the draenei were not hostile and were not presented as a threat.

2 Likes

Oh, is this your first meeting with Trengmoore?

1 Like

Cause your joke makes it seem like all Draenei looked guilty of was fishing.
When I’ve laid out why that isn’t remotely the case.

1 Like

Idk man, you just assume a lot of things and rationalize it by saying Night Elves don’t really care for trees and just kill for the lols. Or to put it another way, you’re saying Night Elves aren’t Night Elves lol.

The Orcs didn’t even stop when the literal spirit of the Forest told them to go away.

2 Likes

Well, work this out for me.
If they care for trees, why were they laughing and playing ghosties with the orcs?
And to be absolutely clear, I am speaking about at the release of Warcraft 3. Not after WoW. Not in chronicles. The depiction of nelves in the game doesn’t line up with being morbidly offended about the trees.

THE NIGHT ELVES HAD ALREADY BEEN KILLING THEM.

2 Likes

Draenei didn’t really look guilty of anything if they were being observed, many draenei were injured or died and laying on the ground after the crash. This is shown from some of the first quests where you have to try our your racial to heal some of the injured on the ground.

The only thing the draenei were doing the whole time in their starting zone was trying to heal the land and creatures living there.

Obviously you didn’t observe the starting zone questing experience for draenei so you would wouldn’t know, but someone who observed their actions would know.