Give the Horde a break

Having Captain Naivety, the late teen king, lecturing the ancient elven priestess who has existed for 4x as long as human kingdoms have existed is certainly a questionable look.

7 Likes

You know, there is NOTHING gained by having the procedure of injustice and bad lvling then only on the other side, nothing at all. It will lead to the same result as before. One faction will start to perish over time because of it.and …suprise, exactly this happened

2 Likes

Honor Horde: I didn’t enjoy killing civilians and burning Teldrassil.
The NEFPA: doesn’t matter, horde still did it and we are owed vengeance.

Alliance Players: I didn’t enjoy utterly decimating the entire Horde army and forcing the Horde to abandon one of the Horde’s capital cities.
Alliance Players: I deserve more and you need to suffer for it.

11 Likes

You can find more common cause in almost any Chaos warband than you could in the Horde if you had to scrutinize it from a lore perspective.

Technically a good chunk of our allied races should’ve abandoned the Horde with Sylvanas suddenly disappearing, since the truth would make most of the common citizenry rebel out of hatred for the morally adjusted heroes who follows Blizzards every idiotic writing decision.

1 Like

That doesn´t make any sense, i mean, whut?

The Horde citizen don´t want to be seen as monster, but shold stay behind the one who did indeed monstrous things?

They should really do class halls, but race. The PC, at this point, should become the racial leader. Racial quests should determine what your people do. The heroes and villains that drive the narrative should just represent their own groups.

There’s a chunk in this thread where it was “explained” (I’m really stretching the boundaries of that word) that spending a lot of time displaying the Horde as evil, is actually Horde content.

Then when the Horde (plus the Alliance) stand up to the “bad” guys (the Horde), it qualifies as more Horde content! And because the bad guys don’t win, the Horde even appear victorious! You know, minus the dead ones, because they were evil, so they count for representation, but not for losses or something, the “logic” (even more of a stretch) is a bit vague.

Of course, the only way to show the Horde is evil is to show them doing bad things to good people. And in WoW, no one is more “good”-aligned than the Alliance. So beyond Horde v Horde combat, they have to show evil Horde v Alliance combat. And for them to show how really evil the evil Horde are, they have to make the good guys suffer some sort of loss. Though the Horde losses don’t really count because it’s Horde v Horde combat, I think. I’m a little hazy on the “logic” but the important part is that the Alliance losses clearly do count as losses to the Horde.

In their eyes, the Alliance deserves (… yikes…) more content since the Horde apparently got double (or maybe triple) amounts of content! And they need retribution against the Horde, because they suffered losses from the evil Horde, otherwise it’s unfair (… double yikes …).

Therefore, the Alliance deserves (for some reason this is still funny to me) even more content that shows them defeating the Horde thoroughly, even though the evil Horde isn’t there anymore. Even more than already done by splitting of the Horde, and the Horde and Alliance team-up vs the evil Horde.

Yeah I don’t really follow the logic either.

I would posit that the solution would be that the next “faction” story has the Alliance turn evil, commit war crimes against the Horde but ultimately lose territory, and then overall decimate itself via a schism where some noble heroes stand up to the evil Alliance.

I just don’t think they would appreciate that type of content, even though it would be heavily Alliance-centric.

13 Likes

Can you honestly sit there and tell me that the worgen got revenge for gilneas and the night elves got revenge for teldrasill? That’s the major complaint, the alliance is never allowed to kick the hordes teeth in, because yet again, the horde found a small number of people to put the blame on and than everyone expects the alliance players to just be satisfied with saving the horde from themselves……for the third time now.

If it was me, I would’ve let the horde decimate themselves in their own rebellion and than move in and take care of what’s left.

Buts that’s just me looking at from the other perspective that often gets conveniently overlooked :wolf:

4 Likes

It’s that sucks for everyone in different ways thing again.

Yes, the Worgen and Night Elves (among others) got screwed over in this.

However, that doesn’t mean what the horde got was good. CDEV has stretched themselves and made everything suck. There’s just a lot of noise about how the stuff that has hurt the horde is somehow showing favoritism to the horde because it was connected to stuff that sucked for the Alliance too. Teldrassil was a loss for all of us as fans, and it just gets tiring to fight over the idea that one side came out better. But it’s all too common.

We’ve all got things we can point at from the other side that we think we’d like now more than what we got. Like for me, I’d take the Tauren being the one with their home destroyed instead of Teldrassil (as long as they didn’t find a way for Baine to blame the Tauren for making the Alliance do that AGAIN) But that might not hold true if I didn’t know what happened with Teldrassil, and it doesn’t make that any better for the people on the Alliance upset about it, it’s just me feeling that’s a less bad choice than what I got.

11 Likes

For me personally, the issue is about suggesting that the Horde getting storylines dedicated to showing us as villains, somehow counts as content for the Horde. Then after not actually gaining anything, folks want to see the Horde get their teeth kicked in again.

The Horde lost in Darkshore and Stromgarde. Teldrassil was destroyed so the Alliance lost, but the Horde gained nothing. The Undercity was destroyed, so the Horde lost (and the Alliance gained nothing). And the Horde lost one of their most iconic characters (and a racial leader) as well as a major side character.

While the storyline focused on the Horde, there’s basically nothing positive that comes out of it. Hence why I’d be more than happy to see the Alliance have a similar story. Here’s a hypothetical:

• Alliance burns Quel’thalas to the ground (EDIT: with the Blood Elf civilians inside!) to secure Eastern Kingdom
  • Invades Ghostlands (to get to Quel’thalas) but eventually loses the battle.
  • Night Elves attack and lose the battle at Azshara
  • We can count Gilneas as having an Alliance city burnt so it matches Undercity, no need to burn off another city.
  • Then I guess make an iconic original Alliance racial leader turn evil. Anduin’s written out for the time being. Dwarves have a council. Mekkatorque doesn’t work (super non-iconic). So I guess Tyrande makes the most sense (Night Elf fans would just LOVE that). She’s the one pushing these battles (and burns Quel’thalas). Why? Turns out she made a pact with Elune and was told that when she chose renewal, it meant renewing Azeroth by destroying everything but the Night Elves, so that life could grow anew in their image.
  • Also Tyrande kills Turalyon, outside of Stormwind, in a battle for the heart of the Alliance.
  • Oh and some Dark Ranger joins a council leading the Night Elves (NOT VELONARA), so she can represent another path.

We can just have Thrall show up at Stormwind to toss Turalyon Doomhammer for when Tyrande kills Turalyon.

Oh and then after that, the Horde should get to kick the Alliance’s teeth in because we were ignored and victimized since tons of Horde NPCs died during the invasions.

That’s how this reads.

14 Likes

Actually, the Alliance wipes out the majority of the remaining Blood Elves, forcing them out of the Eastern Kingdom completely. Then Turalyon gives Alleria, and the Void Elves, dominion over the whole zone, and they turn into a Void infused new kingdom, because, what could possibly go wrong right?

1 Like

I don’t mind the Alliance burning down Quel’thalas with the Blood Elves inside (in fact I insist upon it), but the Horde don’t get Teldrassil as a zone, so no go on the Alliance grabbing Quel’thalas.

Completely annihilated - nothing left - or it’s not fair.

3 Likes

No because Alleria believes, or rather KNOWS, that Quel’thalas belongs with the Alliance, and the Void Elves need a home of their own. The Blood Elves can always move to Suramar.

1 Like

Sorry, no deal.

Horde gained no territory.

Alliance can’t gain any either.

Also, Blood Elves can’t get a storyline moving to Suramar either. They’re homeless. Some of their refugees can hang around Orgrimmar.

BFA sucked for the Horde, but at least they got a lot of storylines!

6 Likes

Do we get several trailer grade cinematics about Tyrande and Turalyon?

3 Likes

Oh a territory exchange, okay. Horde gets Dire Maul, it’s not like the Night Elves need that anymore right, right? Or maybe Teldrassil’s island, and stump?

Sure they could, it could involve several scenarios with wild chases, sea battles, and aggressive negotiations with Thalryssa for a place in Suramar.
Blizzard is obviously intent on continuing to make things suck for the Horde so why not?

when? Do you want to tell me…when exactly anything like this happened?

You do, but they double down on how Tyrande was evil all along, Turalyon was always a dishonorable crapbag, the very foundation of the Alliance was a lie, and the only hope you ever have is when you beg the more righteous Horde for help.

Also, this is literally your only story going forward. After this, you get no resolution or finale until the next time you go villain.

14 Likes

Well that’s not exactly a fair trade is it? The Horde got cinematics about Saurfang’s guilt, and raising an army against what he considered bad, and getting back “his horde” and “without armor?” and bringing a beloved character(Thrall) back into the Horde to help them. And you want to give the Alliance none of that in their cinematics and instead back them browbeating ones.

How’s that add up?