Give Shadow a “Green Fire” Questline

I doubt all of our Holy spells are getting a Shadow makeover with the Voidweaver Hero tree. I’m already concerned about what that is going to look like. Nevertheless, there’s still the issue of spells like Power Word: Shield, Flash Heal, Desperate Prayer, Angelic Feather and PI having the complete opposite visuals of the rest of our kit.

Ideally, I think the best route would be to give Shadow a questline to be able to change Holy spells available to us to have Shadow visuals instead. Hopefully Voidweaver focuses less on Old God tentacles and more on shadowy spiders, ravens and black spell effects - but still. Show Shadow Priest some love!

11 Likes

I don’t think Blizzard knows what Shadow Priest is supposed to be and it reflects on the job mechanically. On one hand there’s the old school vibe that of the death priest (undead lore) Then at some point it goes void which is parallel with Old Gods, but also lightless Naaru.

Personally I don’t want more death priest. I wish voidform was a straight up replacement for Shadow form. I want more cosmic mage stuff. Wish these Hero talents were Heritage talents instead. That way you could get your Death Priest and I could get my Void Mage.

4 Likes

yes, this!

I mentioned this in another thread and I 100% agree with you.

Basically each spec is a transition going Darker and Darker, from theme and visuals.

2 Likes

Agreed. We have Cult of Forgotten Shadows type stuff, Old Gods and just pure Void. A little all over the place. I usually take DA just because Void Eruption doesn’t fit Forgotten cultist to me. I wish we had clearer paths for different Shadow aesthetics.

4 Likes

Power word: shield look is so laughably bad that it actually makes me cringe playing spriest and want to log onto another char. It should be a shadow shield like the mage elemental shields.

5 Likes

We must cover the world in purple.

Purple everything must be.

Leave no trace of shiny white-yellow light.

5 Likes

I highly doubt they would, but I’d love if Shadow got to replace it with Sarkareth’s Void shield.

1 Like

I wish. But what I worry is more likely is going to happen, is a new class in Midnight based off Alleria followed by any iconic void spells Shadow has being taken from them; to create this “Void” class. Same as what happened to Warlocks with Death Knights and Demon Hunters. But since Shadow is all Priest ever has had… Priest will be left in a barely operable state with the Devs saying something like “We dont feel Priests and Shadow magic really ever worked… so we made them pure healers.” Or something.

Honestly, Shadow Priests have a enough variations to be spun off into an entire different class. Complete with 3 specs.

Voidweaver - All of the void stuff, minus old gods. Think Sarkareth and “space magic” as opposed to tentacles.

San’layn - Focusing on all of the vampiric aspects shadow have had over the years (vampiric touch, embrace, dispersion, etc).

Psychic - This spec would be all about the old god stuff. Mind spells, and the various summons (tentacles, mindbenders, etc)

Edit: ops, didn’t realize this thread was old.

Please no more void staff. Void spec should’ve been a separate spec/class.

Conversely, as a Shadow Priest from all the way back to vanilla, NO MORE FREAKING VOID.

Ahem, now that I have that off my ribcage, I want the Raven priest aesthetic! I use my orb to get my pretty little death birds.

3 Likes

I like how spriests are basically psykers from 40k now.

I have the raven orb macro’d to my abilities.

Raven orb? Please do share more…no idea and don’t know what to search for.

1 Like

In the eastern Plagueland at the chapel one of the Argent Crusade vendors sells the Thaumaturgist’s Orb ( I would link Wowhead for you, but I am not cool enough). It gives you ravens if you are shadow and some pansy glowing orb if you are holy.

2 Likes

I got you brother,

Just quoting you so you see the post :smiling_face:

1 Like

Agreed, good points. Also, after trying Wrath Classic, and then looking at SP currently in retail (and it had the same problem in Shadowlands) is why did Blizzard take away a good chunk of our utility? There’s certainly quality of life improvements for the spec, but in retail our utility just seems… Not wanted, not like before

Agreed. I at least want a glyph for feather. I hate how it looks for all specs

No quest needed.

We virtually have Nazjatar, Nyalotha, and the void infested part of Argus as sources of plenty of Void themed abilities.

There is already a void shield from the Inquisitor boss in Nyalotja, and they can give shadowmend back as a glyph.

That leaves desperate prayer and leap of faith and Power Word:Life on top of Holy Nova needing visuals for shadow.

1 Like

Thank you Pepino and you Stryges.

2 Likes