Give Blood Elves tattoo options!

Agreed. These sound like great customization options for Orcs.

If you or anyone else is interested in talking more about Orcs, then id recommend this thread here.

There’s also this thread all about Worgen.

I think both of these great threads deserve some more attention, and i’m using this as an opportunity to give them some. :smile:

This is sadly the truth. :frowning:

3 Likes

All races should have tattoo options.

6 Likes

I’m now picturing a gnome warrior with a full sleeve tattoo.

3 Likes

I agree. I even said this in my OP.

Maybe change your title… :stuck_out_tongue: Eves in the title do get more hits though.

*sniffle *

3 Likes

You can ask all you want, that doesn’t mean Alleria’s tatoos don’t fit alliance high elves more. Is this a touchy subject for you belves too? My dearest sympathies.

6 Likes

To quote yourself in a thread asking for high elves…

Funny that the people claiming others are gatekeeping are actually gatekeepers themselves. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Blood elf demon hunters do have one or two options for facial markings that look like tattoos or ritualistic scarring that remind me a little of the Burning Crusade box art, which is why I use one of them for my demon hunter. I wouldn’t mind something similar for the other classes, as long as the demon hunter markings were kept unique to them.

As for other tattoos, yes please! Obviously Rommath has tattoos already, I would love for my mage to have something even remotely similar. I also think ranger tattoos make sense, as I doubt the rangers decided to en masse get rid of their existing tattoos after Kael’thas renamed them sin’dorei. I can understand not having blue ones be available to avoid looking too much like Alleria, but other colors should be fine. Personally I think phoenix-themed tattoos would be fun for a distinctly sin’dorei aesthetic, but that’s because I think the Farstrider Hanzo skin from Heroes of the Storm is cool:

~https://heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/File:Hanzo_Farstrider.jpg

Really, just give everyone tattoo options, it’d be fun.

3 Likes

Ah, i forgot about Farstrider Hanzo. Phoenix tattoos would definitely be an awesome option for sure!

I’ll go ahead and edit this one onto the OP since i think it’s a great idea. Thanks!

5 Likes

They really don’t though considering that alliance high elves have largely abandoned high elven traditions and themes in favor of Alliance ones. Blood elves are the only ones that actively carry on, and pursue traditional High elven customs and beliefs which is why the only high elf we see with tattoos is a high elf who essentially hopped out a time bubble from the time of traditional high elves.

Heck she doesn’t even try to recruit her own High elves when she returns, she immediately goes back to Silvermoon to try to bring them into the Alliance, and eventually recruits a band outcast Blood elves to join her instead.

Since Blood elves are really the only group left to still practice and honor High elven traditions, you’re far more likely to see a Blood elf ranger like a Farstrider with a tattoo than any Alliance High elf living in Stormwind with the humans.

8 Likes

Sounds like some kind of headcanon. Quel’dorei tradition is incompatible with the Horde. At least we can play with the Alliance now.

Back on topic, though: Not sure why Blizzard chose to do body jewelry for belfs instead of their spikey arcane tattoos, which would have probably been more fitting. But Alleria tattoos? Those are for the Alliance.

3 Likes

It was in there lore that blood elves had tattoos O.o it’s the customization I was waiting for.

1 Like

Sounds like you need to brush up on their lore because simply responding to me with “No, because this!” doesn’t actually do anything unfortunately.

Right I’m sure all the Alliance High elf mages in Stormwind are all wearing tattoos for some reason, even though we can clearly see them wearing human clothes, speaking common, and living in human households. It’s no coincidence that the only high elf with tattoos is the one who hopped out of a time-bubble from the time of traditional high elves.

4 Likes

Yup. There are plenty examples of Quel’dorei who strongly stand against the horde. Sin’dorei are not Quel’dorei. Seems funny that I have to make this distinction when it should be quite obvious

I totally support blood elf tattoos. There are plenty that can signify their segment away from high elves into the horde.

This proves nothing. Where are the blood elves with tattoos? Out of the game altogether only in box art? Yes, the only high elf with tattoos is a special NPC, is this news to you? As if leader NPCs didn’t have special models before? Lmao.

2 Likes

yes and night elves, non nelf druids should get war paint/tattoos as well or humans for that matter should get some sort of vrykul ink that works like the dragon rider mail chest does.

3 Likes

And tell me which Alliance High elf has tattoos besides Alleria? Why is the only High elf we see with tattoos the one that just popped out of a portal wearing traditional elven gear like you would see on a Blood elf? When almost every single Alliance High elf is seen wearing Alliance clothes, and adopting Alliance culture. Heck that was the point of Elisande’s lecture toward them in Surumar, that their general abandonment of their past, and culture made them an insult to the name “High elf.”

You seem under the misconception that “Alliance High elves” are somehow the inheritors of traditional High elven themes simply because they kept the name High elf, when that couldn’t be further from the truth. In fact Alliance High elven culture differs so much from traditional high elven culture that when the High elven king called for all high elves to return home, they denied the edicts unlike 90% of the traditional high elven population. The Blood elves are part of the like-minded population that honored their king’s rule, and returned to continue practicing and living their lives as traditional High elves.

Even when the city was sacked by Arthas they stayed and helped rebuild their way of life. Alliance haven’t been traditional in quite some time so why they would have more right to those traditional themes still practiced by Blood elves is beyond me.

The Farstriders had tattoos as earlier as the Warcraft series, why wouldn’t they still have them now? Farstriders are arguably the only group of elves close to actual “traditional” High elves.

You act like she somehow represents Alliance High elves despite the fact that she traveled through the Dark portal over a thousand years ago. As if she returned and all the alliance high elves ran out and got themselves tattoos all of a sudden. The only thing she has in common with Alliance High elves is her allegiance. Her appearance, and culture are all far more reminiscent to the Blood elves, just compare the armor between her and Lor’themar, and then her and literally ANY other High elf in the game.

2 Likes

Ooh love that!

1 Like

You would know all about head cannon darling. And Farstrider tattoos (like Alleria’s) are a Farstrider thing. Farstriders are a Blood Elf thing, therefore they belong on the Horde. Agreed we don’t need the blue ones but other colors for Blood Elves would fit just fine.

2 Likes

Blood Elves aren’t High Elves, sorry. Never will be. Simple as.

1 Like