Worgen still need work - solid true black fur, posture for males, tails, paladins and monks

Some food for thought on various things the worgen community (or at least quite a few of us; yes, I know, not all of you) have been asking for for a long time…

A BIG VICTORY! We have separated human and worgen form customization! THANK YOU SO MUCH, BLIZZARD!

Now let’s see if we can’t get a few more things to make worgen as good as they should be and maybe even a little more up to snuff with the other races!

• Solid true black fur option for males and females - We desperately need this. We’ve needed this from the start. I heard one was datamined, but I haven’t actually seen it on a model yet and that makes me nervous. The solid white looks great. Let’s let worgen have a good solid black that is actually black - the females have had at least a decent one since release, but males never got one. I don’t mean a black with white/grey/lighter hands and feet, or any other colors on the face or chest or mane or anywhere, I just mean a solid, true black.
  • Posture options - Let male worgen stand up straight. PLEASE let the MALE WORGEN be AT LEAST AS TALL AS FEMALE WORGEN AND NIGHT ELVES but preferably at least as tall as draenei (I’d love for them to be as tall as Kul’Tirans because they are the Alliance’s monster race, but details). This can easily be achieved by just letting males stand up straight instead of constantly slouching and crunching their chests in and giving them a posture option like male orcs. Maybe even let females slouch if they want to. It’d be great to have options for both. This doesn’t have to be a big deal; this could be just for, essentially, their standing stance and standing idles.
  • Tail options - You knew it was coming. Tail options - draenei and female pandaren get them now, let worgen have them too (or have no tails at all if that’s what you want to pick, but let others choose). Males and females should have the same wolfish tail options available. Give us an option for a wolfish tail. The vulpera get to have one, we should, too. The saberon druid form had a tail, the humanoid bear form has a tail, and all other humanoid animal types in the game (as well as all druid forms) have tails.
  • Separated teeth options for males - Want to actually have correctly position wolf teeth, with the lower canines in front and the uppers behind them? We should get an option for that. Want to not have any big teeth poking out? We should have that option, too. Worgen options are seriously lacking compared to other races (like vulpera and all the new options being offered to other races, like all the assorted body paints and unique jewelry - and don’t get me started on how they compare to the pandaren’s level of options) - they deserve some unique option sections, as well.
  • More worgen class options - Monk and paladin, at least. I could post big walls of text justifying the lore, but I’ll keep it simple and just say that. I’d also love to see Kul’Tiran paladins and goblin monks…
  • Scar options, ear piercings, nose piercings, tattoos, etc - Lots of races are seeing new options come available: separated scars, ear piercings, nose piercings, tattoos… Worgen could really use a few of these. For that matter, so could humans, who could also just use a nice brown hair option and a stubble option for males, like what orcs have always had.
  • Hide weapon transmog - Let worgen hide their weapons so that we can actually use our claws in combat like all the NPCs do. It’s so preposterously silly for worgen to go into battle wielding giant goofy looking weapons when the NPC worgen get to use claws like worgen actually should.

The absolute pipe dreams section (not that this entire thread isn’t probably a pipe dream, but still):

• New customization option for everyone: HEIGHT meters - I do not like that my worgen, namely my male worgen, feels so small. If there were height meters, I could have a big worgen and everyone else can keep the smaller male worgen if that’s what they want. Then we all get more options! Wouldn’t that be cool? It’d be like so many other modern MMORPGs out there with height meters.

The TOTAL pipe dream section but I want to say it anyway:

• Voice set options for everyone - I really wish I could change my female worgens’ voice. I would also love to be able to play a worgen from, say, Hillsbrad or Duskwood who doesn’t have the British accent and isn’t from Gilneas.
  • Wolf druid forms for feral, tank, travel, or just let us stay worgen for TANK and FERAL - This is even more viable now that we have druid form customization in the barber shop. I swapped my worgen druid to night elf, finally, because I was so tired of being a bargain druid without good druid forms to myself. Why does my werewolf turn into a cat or a bear to fight? Because he needs claws and teeth? He already has those. Worgen druids should turn into wolves for feral form, tank form, and travel form. Not just feral - both feral and tank. I’m just tired of my worgen turning into a cat and a bear and a deer when he should be doing all of it in worgen form or else turning into a giant wolf.
75 Likes

My main ask is posture, but I’d love a Worgen Shaman option.

11 Likes

I’d love all the things in this thread, of course, but if I could just pick one or two, I’d pick a true solid black fur option for males and a posture option so that males can actually be as tall as their female counterparts (and draenei, night elves, etc.).

My male worgen all feeling downright short compared to the majority of the Alliance is… frustrating. Just let me stand up straight.

13 Likes

Nudging this.

I too, would love for melee Worgen to use claws instead of weapons, or for Feral and/or Guardian Druid forms, let them stay in Worgen form, and use their claws in battle, like a true Worgen should do, to begin with!

6 Likes

All are great suggestions.
All are options that would bring worgen closer to what it should be.
I would love to see them all, but I know it would be complicated to see all of this or just part of it, yet an upright posture that matches our height and a tail would be good enough. For a while! :wink:

2 Likes

Can someone explain to me the basis for straight back male Worgen? I am having a hard time picturing what that would even look like.

1 Like

I agree with everything in this thread. +1

1 Like

Like this.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxV2uQ4WsAAUXD_?format=jpg&name=large

8 Likes

All great suggestions that I whole heatedly agree with. Especially the posture one and the monk class option.

6 Likes

One I’d like to add: Allow Worgen feral druids to stay in Worgen form to use their feral abilities. They already have claws and fangs, being forced to change to a cat is silly and stupid.

6 Likes

I would say let all worgen have more control over their shifting. Someone on here said only make worgen “wolf out” at 50% and Would agree with that - as long as we can set human as out default with the wolf out once things happen.

Other than that my biggest request would be transom to hide weapons - when in wolf form.

Depending on class, I would want one of the above or the other.

2 Likes

Eh that sounds terrible, why not just remove the forced shapeshift and let people have full control over it?

2 Likes

Here’s a naive question from a Hordie…What class is Genn? And What weapon(s) does he carry/use?

Or at the very least add an option to automatically turn human again when exiting combat.

1 Like

It sounds like you’re trying to play a human instead of worgen but whatever, it’s your choice and I’m not going to judge, I’m fine with options but please don’t make it as the default setting.

3 Likes

It’s a legitimate question from anyone! Because Genn is not a class you can be. His class is probably called “Actual Werewolf/Worgen”, who gets to use his claws in combat, which the players cannot do.

This, but also for tank, please. I want to tank as a wolf/werewolf, not just DPS.

3 Likes

Something like this would be awesome.

3 Likes

I’d go from having race changed my druid away from a worgen to maining a worgen druid, if they just let worgen tank and DPS in feral worgen form.

2 Likes

This was my original idea to have yourself turn back into human right after combat. Someone else threw out the idea to “wolf out” at 50% because if it just happens when combat starts, you would wolf out riding through a pack of mobs below your level just because of aggro. Maybe limit it to the player starting combat would be a good compromise…

1 Like