Gilded crests Should be dropping from 7's or 8's

They can also make hero track be fully upgradeable with runed only and leave gilded to be more exclusive.

1.4 million have cleared an 8, and 2.1 million have cleared a 7. Im fine with either one.

but like if you lower it to a 4, you get 5.3 million people on the other side! (from a 7)

So I don’t think players walled off is a reason to lower it.

If Blizzard has completion metrics, sure lower it to satisfy those.

1 Like

To be fair, I only did a +7 on my Resto Shaman as I need 7’s for KSM. I have 0 incentive or reason to touch an 8. Could be 1 reason why 7’s been more cleared then 8’s

Probably, and the only difference between 7 and 8 is 1 item level upgrade on hero track gear. Theres little incentive to do it other than that.

Which is why if gilded were lowered, it’d make sense to put it at 8’s

I see no problem with that.

They could keep it at 9, just need to move Challenger’s Peril to higher level like 14 and the 10’s affix to 16 or so.

8 is completely fine if they also double crests from raids or they could avoid this all together and again make hero gear fully upgradeable with hero crests and make mythic a more exclusive club.

But then why would people do a 9? which is worse.

1 Like

You do realize you can fully upgrade gear only raiding Heroic right? The last 2 bosses on Heroic give Gilded crests

Maybe they could make myth drop from the vault from 9’s and 10s are portal keys already.

That’s too free at 9s.

By what metric do you consider it too free?

I’d like it to be comparable to Mythic Ulgrax at very least. ideally, the first two. (Cause you need two bosses to unlock vault.)

only 800k characters have completed a timed 10, and only 1.3 million have done a timed +9. This is pretty close as most of that is probably people who went on to complete 10’s anyways.

Like… 3k? guilds (being charitable) using rio data in mythic…

(Did not add up all the guilds so might be a bit off.) x20 or 25 for roster size.

There’s still a lot more people doing m+10.

Take 3000 guilds of 20 people using your example, thats 60k. That means that outside of mythic raiders who are I guaruntee you doing +10’s, there are 700k characters not mythic raiding out of over 5-6 million that are doing 10’s and timing them.

Be different if the runed cap was higher but it aint. That rune cap is frustrating too. If champion, which you get out if delves / m+ up to a 7, all take runed… then heroic takes runed. Your crafted for the most part takes runed.

Too much revolves around runed.

1 Like

Obviously but it’s still very limited. Point being people who are in the higher tier of heroic raids and low tier mythic raiding feels gilded is too restrictive.

Making hero gear be upgradeable by hero crests only would be a good alternative and would create a good barrier to those who wish to dip into mythic by still having limited access to gilded and they can do more if they desire.