Gilded crests Should be dropping from 7's or 8's

Moving it to 8 would smooth things out pretty well, and help ALOT of people get off of having 4/6 Heroic Gear. Regardless of what you think about skill, it’s pretty clear that the gear progress of many players have hit an awkward plateau.

1 Like

Its never been free, your perception is skewed.

M+ is infin scaling, raid is not

Well, at a certain point you need Myth items, and not everyone’s going to get those’d. Seems hate keepy to care if people are getting 636 off sinking a ton of gold and crests every other week.

Correct, but at the end of the day it only takes 5 people to M+ and 20 to mythic raid.

Completely disingenuous take. The gear was never free in DF. You still had to put the work in to actually clear content. The system as it is now is just a massive over-correction to what they saw as quick gearing in s4.

The problem there was the access to BiS bullion gear: even if timegated by bullion drops, you were able to invalidate any dungeon difficulty that much more quickly because you could just buy the specific pieces you wanted instead of praying to RNGesus for a drop.

1 Like

It should be 7 and above. M+ is too hard in general for most players right now, and I do believe that average players can do 7s. But 9s and especially 10s are out of reach for a very large chunk of the playerbase. 90 crests is already a stupid ask, that’s just way too many, but the difficulty of the content to get a 636 which is essentially required as crafted weapons are the best for everyone is just too much.

1 Like

Can get behind that idea tbh.

Those that love delves would be willing to grind it out.

1 Like

100% gilded should be dropping from 7s !!! impossible to do content at plus 9 atm without upgrading gear to 619 and you need crests for that…its a catch 22

2 Likes

Dragonflight. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated: Also current patch in a couple of weeks, lmao.

1 Like

Court is a joke? It doesn’t need any other nerfs people pay attention and it dies very very quickly i’d argue even completing a six is harder than heroic court.

So sayeth liquid max, court is too hard for people not able to do 9s.

1 Like

This can be said about literally anything. The paying attention part while doing your job is usually whats hard for people.

His point ia likely the opposite that heroic court and even queen are wildly easier than doing 9s right now and then difficulty should be standardized with the rewards. Hell the first couple in mythic are arguably eaiser than doing 10s right now.

1 Like

No, absolutely not.

they need to patch in another way to acquire gilded crests. There is a ton of people hard capped at 619 that are not good enough/geared enough realistically to do +9s no deplete or the last 2 on heroic.

That +9 mists? TOO HARD FOR PEOPLE! to even complete.

1 Like

Doing the last 2 on heroic as the only means of gilded is still terrible. At 30 per week you obtain sparks faster than you would enchanted gilded crests needed to make the crafted gear.

Instead of lowering where gilded drop, removing crest penalty for not timing might be better.

1 Like

Would also make me less likely to quit/leave keys when I know they wont time

2 Likes

There are currently 5 million characters that have completed a 2-3, 5.3 million that have done a 4-6, 3.6 million that have done a 7-9 and of that only 1.3 million characters have even cleared a 9, and 900k that have done a 10. I think the degree of separation is achieved with not “handing” out myth track loot, however Gilded needs to be lowered to better bridge the gap to both higher keys and higher tiers of difficulty.

1 Like

But lower gilded, then that creates a new “wall” for people at 619. (that aren’t on the other side.)

I don’t see why this is any better.

It’ll be an even greater number of people that stand to benefit if it were lowered yet one key level more.