Gilded crests Should be dropping from 7's or 8's

its insane how much that set of 580 gear costs

Every “live service” has become seasonal havent they? Its a really good point. Very far from what WoW was in the past.

an individual person failed to carry you, or a liquid carry group did? I think its important to note the difference.

100% agree to make it a challenge no gilded crest should drop form m+ and no mythic track from doing m+ in great vault. Also since the first few bosses in mythic raid is also gift bosses meaning anyone guild with a half a brain can kill it, those boss should also not drop or reward mythic track item at all they should not drop heroic track gear and reward heroic track items in the great vault and they should not drop gilded crest.

Only last 3 bosses in mythic raid should drop gilded crest and drop mythic and reward mythic great in great vault. That is things should be

Because the same logic applies to all tracks. You either upgrade and invest the crest or wait to save on the investment. Nothings lost from spending crest, it’s only gained from getting a higher tier piece from vault. You can’t just sit on your crests if you’re trying to push content, though, and that’s not a bad thing.

You’re asking for just not having to make choices. That’s part of the game, it doesn’t stunt you too much week over week by being suboptimal since the most extreme jump you may get is like champ or veteran to a myth track item saving 60 crests…it’ll be negligible in the long run

Individual person.

So guessing Liquid might be experiencing more than wanted high failure rates in pugs?

Ppl will have 3 sparks as of next week… it’s not every 2 weeks it’s a quarter of your gear welfare RIGHT AWAY. There’s no limit to the amount of crests you can farm under the season cap… which is more than enough to instantly craft 3 items… 2 of which will carry bis embellishments. Probably just enough gear to make 10’s feel like 7/8… which is really what you’re effectively asking for. Asking for 10 free ilvl or so will pretty much be the equivalent of “I suck too much to do 9/10 keys… make the game easier but do it so I don’t feel like I suck and the game is getting nerfed.”

The leader of a world first or any bleeding edge of progression guild doesn’t care what happens after their guild clears content. Progression is what matters and no one in those guilds cares about farm content or gear. I used to be one of those type of guys once upon a time… they play a completely different game than the target crowd we’re talking about and their opinions are just hold-my-popcorn conjecture completely removed from the lives of anyone not Im-a-race-to-world-first-guild-member and my guild doesn’t have to worry about m+ welfare mentality killing the raid recruitment pool.

Raid participation and interest has never been better since before m+ welfare mode released in legion. Why? Because m+ crests and mythic track gear suddenly aren’t quite as welfare anymore.

1 Like

My guess is they are doing it for gold and they just had a bad group?

1 Like

No. Just the lingo has changed.

1 Like

I mean Liquid players pug as we all do.

Just expected liquid magic, guaranteed time if invite haha.

It wasn’t a carry group, just me trying to get a +10 done.

I think the problem is that even with gilded dropping at 9+ there is already a degree of separation for the best loot in the game. You can only get myth track from mythic raiding or weekly from the vault if you do a 10. People who mythic raid will have access to full myth track gear from mythic raid drops, and upgrade it to 636. People who only do M+ will have a few myth track pieces but will be primarily on the hero track up to 626. What people want doesnt seem to be one degree of separation, but two. They want to limit gilded crest earning for hero track upgrading on top of the separation that exists between myth track and hero.

Been saying for years that M+ killed raiding. The reward structure in the game favored M+ way more. It is no wonder so many players just gave up on raiding.

Now, Delves are doing what M+ did to raiding, and all the M+ players are trying to attack Delve rewards as the reason people suck at M+.

1 Like

Thats why I have ALWAYS been a fan of M+ dropping like 5-8 Ilvls lower than mythic on even the highest of difficulty. There needs to be a degree of separation, I will admit to that as an ex mythic raider.

I agree that gilded aren’t available enough, dropped to 8s would prob be fine, but eventually crafted gear will be able to fill in most of the spaces.

Totally agree they need to reevaluate the rewards, and rethink the 4 levels of myth, but overall I think that the crest system provides opportunities to eventually get to similar power to the top players. Prob needs a little tuning is all.

So why did you make this thread?

Let’s get these crests dropping from +11 delves.

Because there isnt one degree of separation atm, theres two.

They for sure need to limit crafted gear to be 3 max pieces worn at once. I dont think crafting should be this beneficial.

Meh - this season crafted 636 gear is 15 extra crests than upgrading myth track to full 639. Seems like a big tax in addition to the cost of crafting.

I believe that tax is because you can pick the slot and stats without relying on a drop.

I think the idea is you’re supposed to craft 2 and save the rest of your crests for upgrading myth track gear…