Gilded crests Should be dropping from 7's or 8's

Buffies gone and everything has extra 20% so yeah that’s the wall.

I think a lot of people haven’t adjusted to the squished key values and go all rambo in a +7 or 8 and blame the group when it doesn’t passively work out.

1 Like

I have been on record saying +7’s or +8’s. I said +8 because its only lowering it by 1 key level and thats easier to swallow than +2 levels. I think blizz needs to look at aggregate data and make that decision for themselves. I cant do it for them, and nobody here can either.

But then we’re in the realm of metrics. Whatever target rate (if Blizz has one.)

Nerfing all dungeons by 10% and keeping things where they are might be a better solution as more people reach the 12 wall.

I dont think this is a problem that just raw % nerfing will solve. The problem is that fortified and tyrannical are combined effectively upping any key to be +1 of what its being run at. Its lazy developing on their part.

But it will solve -in a sense, that +12 will be a two key level jump instead of 3 vs old 11.

Depends on what the goal is. We actually have two things going on right now. 1.) managing difficulty and 2.) reward structure.

Your suggestion here may fix the difficulty, but you still have unaligned rewards when you need to push past the content you can reasonably do to upgrade the gear you are rewarded.

Basically, you still need to align the crest reward better than it currently is I think.

If anything crest reward alignment has been better than it’s ever been.

m+9 vs silken court.

This has nothing to do with them. Why even bring this up?

People keep forgetting that the only reason RWF guilds want M+ rewards lowered is to leapfrog their own progression.

They are not the people you should be listening to.

1 Like

A slightly less involved change would be to remove the runed harbringer earn cap and allow people to farm and upgrade their gear. People sitting in champ gear are not using runed to upgrade it because then they run into a cap which prevents them from upgrading the hero track they (hopefully) earn later. This causes stagnation in item level.

1 Like

Thats still difficulty, not reward alignment. We wouldnt have this communication issue if we were talking and not typing I think. Your point is absolutely valid, just not what I am talking about.

My point is still the awkwardness of needing max tier crests to upgrade past what you can do with champ gear isnt fixed by this.

Its two problems not one.

Please explain this for me and why you feel its the case.

I’m capped on runed upgrades. So like… give everyone else 2 weeks? and they’ll have all the runed they can possibly used.

Uncapped crests is a bad idea because they incentivizes farming trivial content for power rewards - just trade upwards.

Seems like there are several routes to fixing that issue. Any of them would be fine I think.

But it’s by design that track can use higher crests than the track itself.

RWF want to down Mythic Queen ASAP. The easier it is to get upgrade tokens from farming M+ reduces that gap significantly, so lowering the difficulty for the upgrades just makes it easier to farm.

1 Like

They could have shifted portals to 12s since that is where the big change is to only caring about score/cosmetics.

It does appear to be, and I think that design is less than ideal.

Specifically - the idea that champ gear is every bit as good as hero gear for a player that just wants to do portals each season, but the incentive for much of that progress is hero track gear is counterintuitive. Its an unnecessary tension. It is clearly a source of frustration for many players.

1 Like

No I dont think it does or will. It would stop disincentivizing not upgrading gear on the fear that you wont have any left if “x” item drops thats hero track. If they removed runed from being needed in the last 2 upgrades on champ I would be alright with that and keeping the cap as is.

lol…that’s not how that works. He’s out of touch on most things precisely >because< he’s “the leader of the top WF guild.”

2 Likes

It lets scrubs who can’t time 8’s and/or complete 9’s to craft 636 bis items though, which are pretty much as impactful or more impactful than other myth-track items.

Stop acting like the primary power and reason to run m+ is not and has not always been quick and easy crests since the release of crests. Ppl who can’t play are butthurt that they can’t just overgear the difficulty curve anymore since the difficulty to obtain the higher gear is locked behind performance and/or the time gated trainwreck of 5 crests a run from failing 9’s that you got from ++’ing your 7 mists or arakara key.

3 Likes