Gilded crests Should be dropping from 7's or 8's

The bottom line is that crests are too hard to obtain to effectively do their job and bridge hero track and myth track loot. Top players in the game agree as do countless other people. Not sharing this take doesnt make you cool.

20 Likes

I’m rather against having one mode be defacto easier than the other.

And cause we’re on the train loot pinatas, just toss gildeds into delves at +9 or something.

1 Like

Pretty much but DF felt a lot more comfy then the current system. I don’t really get the drive to make loot harder to get but ive never really followed blizzard brand design.

3 Likes

I can understand it from a business and shareholder perspective.

What I don’t understand is support for it from a player/consumer perspective.

I think a lot of players like the idea of pulling the loot ladder up behind them and that’s about all there is to it.

7 Likes

So?

War Within has a better reward curve. In DF you’d cap out on rewards easily with no reason to push beyond that, which is probably what we’ll have in a few weeks when people get more gear.

2 Likes

People frequently support thing that are inherently against their own interests because they like to believe they’re in the 0.1% or could be in the 0.1% that aren’t affected. It’s a lot of keyboard warrioring when half of the player base hasn’t even hit I.O 2000 yet.

5 Likes

DF4 was fun enough to do it again on an alt. I’m already raid logging here.

7 Likes

I would say a +11 should drop like 3-5 gilded, that will keep people playing them essentially for the whole season.

I agree, and this is why the highest track of gear that drops from M+ is hero track. The best you can do is get a myth track once a week from the vault with RNG on whether its good for you.

Gilded are an item upgrade not the item itself. giving them out in 8’s lets say doesnt saturate the market with myth quality gear, it just becomes a more effective bridge to progression for higher keys and gearing people to mythic raid. Isnt that the whole goal of this hamster wheel? Unless theres some nefarious reason people at the top dont want to see player progression into mythic ranks because it reduces their “status”.

4 Likes

But then it should be equivalent to silken court in difficulty (which max said it was too hard for the same people to do.)

Thus free loot, can be tossed into delves without a concern because it’s inline with the rest of that mode’s difficulty.

How is it against someone’s interest to want to be rewarded more than others for content that they do?

This is a major point of tension. As things stand, for players just trying to get portals done in M+ - there is no functional difference right now between champ and hero track gear. By the time you can get crests to upgrade your hero past 619, you probably already accomplished your goals for the season.

Either make max tier crest drop lower, or allow hero track to be fully upgraded without them. Either option would fix that tension I think.

5 Likes

Rather champ gear caps out at 616, and hero retains 619 or give hero an edge 623, either. (With hero crests.)

You are conflating game types and its impossible to do that. M+ is marketed as an alternative game mode and gearing path. You are not getting myth track loot at the end of dungeons… you are getting hero track.

1 Like

Yea and so are delves. Toss gildeds into +9 and call it a day.

You’re not getting mythic track vault ever in heroic raid itself.

I would be fine with both of these changes. People are not asking for handouts here, +8’s are still not a walk in the park for a majority of the playerbase. Im 2200+ IO score and its been a slog. 8’s are still pretty hard for anyone sub 618 in itemlevel.

The problem with lowering it to +8, is what about the people stuck at +7?

At what point is it “enough?”

And an even greater portion of players should be able to be let in if it’s lowered further.

When it’s comfortably accessible to me.

Would you say that +10’s are on par with mythic level bosses in difficulty?

Nah, they’re easier. Make keys even harder. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

No, maybe at +12? Haven’t tried +12 yet.