Gilded crests Should be dropping from 7's or 8's

+7 and +10 are the step changes with adding Challenger’s Peril and then Fort or Tyrannical.

An 8 is just 10% HP/DMG more than a +7 and then a +9 is 10% HP/DMG more than a +8.

Not sure if 10% damage/hp is the difference between heroic and mythic raids.

I like how your entire argument is about me as a player and not about the topic or points brought forward. Also, you keep trying to say I’m .02%, but your number is extremely flawed. Obviously it looks that way if you average my “rank” with every single tank that’s ever completed a key, but it doesn’t calculate how many of those tanks are actively participating in M+ after 1 key logged. Again, it doesn’t matter what my “rank” is as a Paladin Tank when in comparison to my overall IO I am around the top 7% which is extremely far from being .02% because of how bell curves work and it becomes exponentially more difficult.

That’s a good point but I was talking about the damage. It went to crushing levels IMO. Not worried about the fortified. My groups DPS was able to deal with that.

That’s not how opinions work.

Also, who cares? Blizzard wants less people in mythic gear. So be it. Rise to the challenge. It’s probably better for the game long term for more people to be mid-geared. Remember, everyone is affected equally. So while you may find 10’s too hard, so do a lot of other people.

It’s ok for the entire game to not be fully mythed out. Tedium is the worst thing in gaming.

For the record, I don’t agree with blizzards stance on it. I’m just saying “if you can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen.” A good way to get your feedback ignored is excessive hyperbole.

Its not gonna be okay when all these people quit…

1 Like

Many people have access to heroic gear via delves and M+. Once they obtain heroic gear, they naturally want to be able to fully upgrade it.

But, current system is requiring them to use mythic (gilded) crests to upgrade heroic gear. This is nonsense.

Why should the people have to farm mythic level content to upgrade their heroic gear? If they were someone who was capable of farming mythic level content, they would have gotten mythic gear to begin with, not heroic gear.

People didn’t realize or simply ignored the flaw of the upgrade system because mythic crests used to be much easier to obtain. But, many now feel hard-walled due to M+ reward changes.

However, asking for easier gilded crests is not the correct answer. As you mentioned, getting rid of the overlap is the real solution.

That being said, I doubt they will change the upgrade system. The current upgrade system was definitely intentional, not an oversight. It is designed to dangle the carrot so the players will keep playing (or paying), trying to clear the next level content for upgrades.

Yes. He said that 95% of the player base won’t be able to obtain gilded crests. He didn’t said it shouldn’t be that way.

So let’s keep it this way. On the few lasts weeks of the season, everyone can carry you on +9s if you need it.

If people keep complaining that needing gilded crests to upgrade heroic gear is non-sense, Blizzard will then limit heroic gear to 619. What’s your point? Isn’t because something has higher levels that everyone should mandatory upgrade it to max.

It gives players something to chase.

I don’t think you and I know what Blizzard would do. And even if they really did limit heroic gear at current 4/6 upgrades (619), then they should be limiting all other tracks of gear at 4/6 upgrades as well. Is there any problem with this?

I know exactly what Blizzard would do. Or at least what the old Blizzard would do, Microsoft has the pants now.

In the past, there was a lot of casuals complaining about the difficulty of the raids. Many, many people wanted to do raids, but apparently it was too much for them to understand basic mechanics.

Then they nerfed the “normal” difficulty, by a LOT. But you know what they did? They launched the brand new “mythic” difficulty.

Everything was the same, but now the looking for raid kinda-difficulty could be done in a 20-man group like a normal raid, so casual players could have some sense of progression. On the spectrum, nothing changed. Just one difficulty was added, and LFR got even easier.

This would be exactly the same. If you keep shouting “upgrade system is non-sense! why can’t I upgrade my gear to max?!” then Blizzard will let you upgrade your gear to max… by keeping it all on the heroic track.

Honestly, you guys are just loud. We still, after many topics and thousands of replies have no real reason of why you need gilded gear if you can’t withstand gilded content.

First, you make incorrect assumptions. I handle gilded crest content just fine and have been easily capping gilded crests since week 1.

Second, I agree people should not need gilded crests if they cannot handle gilded crest content. The problem is that Blizzard designed an upgrade system where gilded crests are required to finish heroic gear upgrades. They should be redesigned so that each track’s upgrade should only require its corresponding crests.

Blizzard likes to bend the player base over.

Literally thousands of posts on here saying remove tyrannical and fortified.

Blizzard says, “ we hear you and are making changes”

Expansion goes live, “ starting at this key level they will have both tyrannical and fortified”

Player base, “ I hate blizzard, why don’t they listen to us”

1 Like

Just do the 9.

Like aren’t crest supposed to be there to gear up to the harder stuff? Its kind of stupid how its currently set up.

1 Like

If they’re both active, they’ve essentially removed it.

Thats not how it works :joy:

lol I get your point. But what people wanted removed was the bonus damage and health. Adding it to both isn’t removing it, it’s moving the bar to a new metric

@sosari, it absolutely matters what your rank is. You as the top 0.02% can not possibly represent the average player?

You can claim you’re not top 0.02% all you want, but EVEN top 1% same difference. There’s no way that you seriously think your opinion on the overall game, is even remotely relevant to the “average” player…

You want it to remain as is, because that makes it harder for anyone to get closer to you, without investing 80 hours a week into the game. That doesnt make you good, it just means you have an absurd amount of time to spend on the game. Ive been there, done that, I understand how time can equal high rank at games.

Anyway, you’re entitled to your opinion… But people are not stupid, they know what weight your opinion holds.

I’ve heard some incoherent stuff from you… but this… tops them…

If they are BOTH ACTIVE, they are both essentially removed? What are you on? lol… That is literally the opposite of true.

LMAO!!!

Stuff scaled higher initially or affixes not being present, it’s one and the same.

And they’ve simply made 9s easier, and the affixes do not exist.

1 Like

Gilded Crests from 7/8’s, and Myth level vault from 9’s would go a long way to fixing M+ right now. It’s just too easy to get stuck at the +7 or +8 level and need extra gear to make the push into higher keys, but currently with no way to get that extra gear, even from the vault, like you could in previous seasons (going all the way back to 2016).

1 Like