Gilded crests Should be dropping from 7's or 8's

enough is really simple. 7s give hero track gear so 8s would be enough if they gave gilded. its the same as it was in df just 1 level above hero track gear dropping at the end of the key. season 1 always sucks so i went into this season knowing its a throw away season. season 2 is when blizzard changes their bad ideas out for things to get people to keep playing. atm there killing m+ to try and get more people into mythic raiding without making it more appealing other than just a well this sucks now so lets see if that still sucks as much as it did in the past or if its better now. if they want more people doing mythic raid get rid of the 20m requirement because that is the single hardest part of mythic raiding.

i pointed out back when it was first announced that having fort/tyran happen at the same time was bad and going to make things bad as its lazy but everyone kept telling me its good cause it will make tuning easier. they wanted to get away from having a push week and a non push week but we still have that with this weeks affix.

using that example mythic + is harder than silken court post nerf. my guild killed them before the nerf and now court is a joke compared to a 9 key and both give the same crests. ide rather run court repeatedly like you would a key for crests than run keys as the reward isnt worth the effort.

Gilded should probably drop from 8s, yeah.

And they should never have doubled up tyrannical and fortified on any key, ever. Terrible idea.

1 Like

That’s a regular troll you’re replying to. Just put the troll on ignore. xD

1 Like

Comparing across is difficulty.

Mythic silken court also drops gilded crests like a +9, so are they similar?

But so does the first boss.

Mythic raids tend to have the first 2-3 bosses be fairly easy, and I think 3/8 mythic level keys be +10s would be pretty ideal for parity between mythic+ and raids in terms of rewards. TWW hits this pretty well, maybe the best since DF season 1 before they clobbered the dungeons.

Or of course could always try to set it at a key comparable in difficulty to 5/8 mythic (Broodtwister)?

1 Like

But this isn’t exactly a fair comparison. People usually do raids with guilds but keys with pugs.

I’d rather run court too because encounter duration is low once on farm vs a key.

I am surprised that people are bothered by being able to upgrade hero path into Mythic item levels requires Mythic item level crests.

Do LFR players complain that 8/8 Veteran gear is unfair to get compared to 4/8 Champion? Or normal raiders upset that 8/8 Champion is only as good as 4/6 Heroic?

Removing the overlap between the upgrade tiers does nothing but limit the usefulness of lower tiers of gear and also makes it impossible to get transmog from multiple difficulties with one item. Removing the upgrade paths to make everything function like an awakened item from season 4 goes back to the old ways of spam running trivial content until your best item dropped from it and then upgrading that rather than just doing content for your gear level.

3 Likes

heroic drops gilded. they changed it so the last 2 bosses give the next rank quest. so normal court and queen give hero crest and hero give myth crest. so comparing it to heroic is more accurate. also as people have said first 2 on mythic are easier than last 2 on heroic. df season 1 was awful to. they need to stop punishing m+ to make mythic raiding look better. you can only polish a turn so much before you admit its a turd and do something to fix it.

i dont pug this season because it makes me want to quit wow. every pug is a failed key but not every court is a success either. pugs for tww are pretty bad overall. ide say pugging m+ is worse than df season 1 which had people comparing it to sl season 1. i hope season 1 is only 3-4 months long cause im looking forward to getting this bad season out of the way

1 Like

Farming +7s for hero track items now. 3/3 successes thus far.

Don’t think going up to +9 will make it a failure either.

DF S1 was so far the best season I’ve played in - reason? I get more power by ascending.

You’re aware new season beginning is always harder than old season end for the same difficulty?

1 Like

yea its suppose to be harder but it isnt suppose to be so bad you feel no desire to play. s1 shadowlands i played for a bit and then quit came back at the end of s2 and played till the end. season 1 df i played with friends did a few weeks of keys and then they stoped playing for the season since it sucked. i kept going cause it didnt suck as bad as sl season 1. season 1 of tww you can see the pattern. i havent stoped yet but i also dont run keys outside of he 8 i do with friends. i do run keys on alts like i normally do. when a season sucks so much its unfun to play its no longer the harder than last season like its suppose to be and someone or multiple people have messed up their job. i cant wait for this season to end

1 Like

But that’s purely subjective.

If we lowered mythic gear to heroic dungeons (for maximum accessibility) I’m sure it’ll be praised for the best season ever.

Does that mean you’ll enjoy it just as much?

2 Likes

Why do you guys always take it to the extreme like we want to log in and get 100 gilded crests and 3 mythic track loot? We would like the Gilded Crests to come down ONE to TWO keystone levels total. The argument is +9s and +10s aren’t much harder then +8s right so why does it matter to you? And I’m just wondering, how much do you sell your carries for, because we all know why you’re here arguing for no changes.

1 Like

Because the argument that bored people are at 7 or 8 so it should drop, but what about the bored people at 6?

3 Likes

Catering to the top 0.1% of players is how the game almost died
Top players would still get that max gear months before everyone else so i dont see the problem at all

This is a stance a child would take. No you!! The reason that it shouldnt drop off +6 or 5 or 4 is because those dont drop hero gear.

2 Likes

and if it drops hero gear at 7, that’s already one reward.

moving it to 8, sure, but then you create the issue of dead key 9.

1 Like

We have went over this ad nauseum. 9 would drop myth for vaults and 10 portals.

and I’m against it. Too easy for myth at 9.

1 Like

And thats fine, it is after all your opinion.

1 Like

you mean mythic raid gear to come from heroic dungeons? no thats dumb. why are people only able to see extremes? as far as the crests go it should drop from a 8 key as far as enjoying this season i couldnt tell you. maybe what ever it takes to make pugs go from a 100% failure rate to a 80% success because as it stands any pugs i do even with people who have timed the dungeon at the level im doing or 1 lower there bombing the key. at the end of the day this is still a game and the goal of a game is to have fun. why stay when your not having fun

it should drop at 8s to be in line with dragonflight as it worked there. if people are stuck at 6s well then no hero track drops for them let alone gilded crests.

9s were always dead. they always gave the same reward as 8s and not the vault of a 10. a dead key doesnt stop being a dead key it just stays the same. if you want to stop 9s from being dead keys make keys go 8 and if u time it go to 10 cause 9s are crap, just because its the next number doesnt make it valuable

1 Like

Not dead anymore. They give gilded. Why return them to that status needlessly?

1 Like