Ghostcrawler Says Forum Critics are Wrong

8k is still nothing lol what are you talking about?

2 Likes

It’s because you only play Horde

You got me. I only play Horde. Oh crap, what character did I post on?! Abort! Abort!

3 Likes

I wondered about active players when my CC/SoE server toons were getting sharded (or CRZ’ed, or whatever it is) with Moonguard and Wyrmrest Accord, with a smattering of other servers, all at the same time, in Dazar’alor.

Well, they were hostile enough that Blizzard offered to provide security for his house because of a few nut jobs.

The thing is people tend to focus on the “face” of WoW. And after Jeff Kaplan left for the Titan team, Ghostcrawler became that “face”. They forget that a) WoW is a team of developers who collaobrate and discuss things with each other and b) Tom Chilton and J Allen Brack where higher up in the hierarchy. Yet GC got all the blame until Riot offered him a promotion Blizzard could not have at the time.

And then we watched history repeat itself with Ion becoming the “face” and getting the same crap.

I would also like to think that overall the expansion is salvageable. Personally, I can handle quite a bit of “boring” content if my class is enjoyable. My gripe is that my class has been stripped into a very, very boring, bare-bones mess with not much “class fantasy” left to it. I have been playing paladin for a decade, so I feel personally invested in Sarg here. I main Holy Paladin and off-spec both ret and prot. Have you played Holy Paladin? (Or ret for that matter?) Yikes!

If patch notes were released with all kinds of changes for my main spec, I would be quite happy and I would go on and enjoy the expansion. But for some reason Blizzard thinks the best way to deal with paladins is complete silence. So yeah, I haven’t been very happy so far in BFA.

4 Likes

i’ve been having more fun on overwatch, for only $20

That’s… good?

How do you get that out of what he said ? And people aren’t ‘wrong’ to be unhappy with something, they just like something different than what blizzard has given them.

1 Like

It’s always funny how they try to discredit those who dislike the game by calling them “the vocal minority”
The game is a paid service and people are more than entitled to voice their dislike of something they have invested hundreds/thousands of dollars/hours on.
At the end of the day it’s all business, and numbers talk, and this “vocal minority” you talk about convey the same message of the game being in a terrible state than those who leave the game without saying anything.

4 Likes

I stopped listening to anything Ghostcrawler said when he called someone a troll for wanting a fresh perspective in the systems department.

2 Likes

OP has thoughts on state of game. Yet OP has no actual end-game experience beyond one G’Huun kill (he probably paid for). Tell me more about how great half the game you haven’t seen is…

1 Like

Do we just keep moving the goal posts on what the vocal minority is?

Considering WoW use to have a population of 12 million and now we are down to a few million at most? The nonvocal majority is getting smaller and smaller.

6 Likes

Dude. Please. This game could be down to you, me and 50 people and white knights like Crepe and MetroHAHA would spam every thread on here how great this game is and how we’re all just a minority.

12 Likes

I never hated GC and enjoyed that he would post a lot on the forum.

The only issue I had with him was in numbers talk with the theory craft community. Where time and time again he was wrong about the impact to specs for tuning. I’ll just throw out the whole early wrath BM fiasco that left the spec in ruins for like 3 expansions.

3 Likes

Quoted for emphasis.

1 Like

A lot of good commuication in here. Anyone seen a blue or gasp a dev to join in?
Nope nit unless they are one if the everything is peachy keen crowd.

Say what you want to about GC. He communicated even when it was a tough topic.
At the very least imo that garners respect whether I agree with the guy or not.
What we have now is a complete disconnect from the player base.

Watching us like ants on a farm is their idea of communication it seems these days.
Guess I’m just old.
Communication used to involve conveying thoughts and idea.
Guess we are evolving towards that hive mind after all…

Sorry guys I ran out of likes. I’ll be back in 3 hours to like the well thought out communication some players are posting.

8 Likes

Just because a good number talk about it on the forums. Doesn’t mean that it isn’t being talked about in game. Also check youtube out tons of streamers are talking about it to. There view counts are in the thousands/millions. There are other forums outside wow forums. MMO-C for example.

2 Likes

I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else for that matter. You can check all my raiding and pvp history all you want. I’ve done enough to know what content I enjoy doing and it always changes for me. Some patches I will grind out heroic raids. Other times I completely ignore it all expansion and do casual pvp. So what? In the end, I find a way to enjoy the game how I want to. I can still have my thoughts on the game without being a doomsayer about the death of the game.

Edit: this is Skinwalkers alt btw didn’t change my avatar on mobile

1 Like

In my opinion - Ghostcrawler is correct.

I appreciate those that would think otherwise. What bothers me is when folks forget to disagree in a civil manner. Then, honestly, when I see “bully” or “arrogance”, I tune it out. But polite disagreement, I always welcome.