Ghostcrawler Says Forum Critics are Wrong

and top guilds were quitting left and right before and after Nighthold.

They were? News to me.

You can NOT objectively compare the two systems and say the Azerite system is worse

Yes I can. All I have to do is look at the tree for the Sceptre of Sargeras and compare it to azerite armour.

1 Like

Yes, it was very worrying for a while there.

https://raiders-tavern.com/exorsus-discusses-going-casual-201702/

Getting the World First on Gul’Dan comes with a prize: Exorsus is discussing their departure from hardcore raiding.

See, now that’s civil. I think many people on the forums have a genuine desire to help improve things. However they fail to understand that fixing for one might break it for another. Blizzard has to balance these things, and I’m sure it takes time.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time.”
-John Lydgate

I’m referring to Legendaries, sorry for any confusion.

Ya, thats just patently false. You are just playing white knight for blizz, nothing to see here…

2 Likes

I think the “silent majority” is so silent because they are empty seats

3 Likes

Nah, this empty, say nothing post is fluff that just fills the forums. Did this really look like it was worth typing out and posting?

Every time I see someone use the phrase “white knight” I immediately picture Pee Wee and his furniture laughing.

You seem to be new here friend. Welcome to the forums.

Also, I do not have a patent on “false”, but I’ll look into it.

As long as I’ve been around, there have been posts declaring that the current expansion is the worst thing ever to happen to WoW and it’s a sign of the imminent death of the game.

(I’ve been around a long time).

When you start throwing around labels to put someone down? It says a lot more about you than it does about them.

1 Like

I have to disagree with your first point. The new outer ring in 8.1 actually makes the system worse than 8.0 for people who play multiple specs. You now cannot choose a generic trait and must farm multiple pieces which is very RNG at higher levels, use the vendor who we don’t know how long it will take to farm for, or you have to deal with a ridiculous gold cost to reforge every time you want to do other content or try a new spec.

8.1 also doesn’t solve the problem that we are grinding levels on our neck to unlock the same traits we had to unlock while leveling. This is backwards progression and doesn’t not seemed to be addressed anywhere.

4 Likes

Yup, same font and everything.

Pot
Kettle

Are you under the impression that literally ANY discussion on the WoW forums, Reddit, Twitter etc. are actually going to impact design choices?

1 Like

Getting the World First on Gul’Dan comes with a prize: Exorsus is discussing their departure from hardcore raiding.

I have no idea who they are and I really am not concerned with “world first guilds”…a few hundred people at best.

I was and am more concerned with the REST of the playerbase who are the majority who are finding BFA lacking in almost every regard.

Metro:

At the start of BFA, my server was busier than I had seen it in years. I was ecstatic and delighted…so many old faces.

Where are they?

Gone.

What did that?

OCE server lag that STILL hasnt been fixed, and then BFA attrition set in. Most , if not all of the people I saw at the start are gone. For good. You can argue all you like, but no one other than a scant few are worried about what a world first guild does…what worries them, worries me.

Servers empty.

Compared to Legion, BFA world content is a massive downgrade. Legion left huge shoes to fill, and agree or not, BFA aint cutting it.

2 Likes

So why then did you implement another RNG system via Azerite. See this is the issue I have with it.

We get it the RNG was terrible so we fixed it.

Next expansion. Hey guys I know you guys like RNG so here enjoy the azurite system.

7 Likes

Then why did you reply to my comment acting like you were concerned?

That was everyone’s concern at the time, I don’t understand what you think you are refuting. Yes, 7.3 was objectively better than the rest of the expac. Everyone suggested a vendor were you can target the legendaries you want, they didn’t until prepatch.

On a different note, I didn’t even raid till the end of the expac and I still had things to do as a casual even with the janky M+ system. I can hardly think of anything worthy of doing but leveling, but why waste my time when it’s going to be easier in a couple weeks.

And on another general note, I don’t understand the PR strat here. “yeah, our game was crap in the past, look at all these things people complained about that we later fixed, see you just have to wait till the end of the expac to see the grand scheme.” Player: “sure, see you then.”

4 Likes

Then why did you reply to my comment acting like you were concerned?

What I said was

“News to me”

In other words, it wasnt anything I had paid any attention to. I dont care about “world first” and I never have. There are times, Metro, when I wonder if you actually look at the broader picture.

6 Likes

I see. I am concerned, because they represent far more than a couple hundred players. They are leading innovators for the games end game pve and excosus especially made one of the best add-ons ever written (besides weak auras) and blizzard killed it, likely killing the guild along with it.

When these guilds quit, a big part of wows competetive scene quit with them, and that means thousands of eyes on influencers within their communities.

That is very important to a 14 year old game, but if you don’t think so then we don’t have anything to discuss.

Ya, calling utter BS right here. How many of the new Azerite traits actually impact gameplay? How many can actually impact talent choices and rotations? Azerite traits are an absolute snooze fest just like the rest of BFA’s design.

5 Likes