Getting a third dwarf race, oh boy

Literally a tint.

Absolutely does not deserve its own slot.

Another one of these threads, oh boy

Skin colours, unique eyes, draconic tattoos, very different culture from the core Orcs. Pretty much exactly what the Allied Race system was intended to create - low effort, high reward.

Yeah, minor and insignificant enough to be barber shop options. I hope they’d never waste a slot on an orc clan after the blunder that was Mag’har.

Maybe the elves.

Dwarves SHOULD have 3 options. Elves and Dwarves are the elder races.

Elves, 4
Dwarves, 2
Orcs, 2
Trolls, 2
Tauren, 2
Human, 2
Gnome, 2
Draenei, 2

Who is left? Undead, Goblin, Worgen, Pandarian, Dracthyr. Having more than 1 of these makes no sense so having a 3rd Dwarf option is fine, especially since they are basically just living rock and fit the actual lore.

Three Elves
Three Dwarves
Three Fluffies

Two Gnomes …Guess we need uhhh uhhh Lepergnomes!
Two Orcs …Fel Orcs!
Two Draenei …Broken
Two Humans …Vrykull
Two Tauren …Taunka

One Goblin …Gilblins and uhhhhhhhhh Space Goblins?
One Dead …Abominations and uh… stuff
One Dragon… Dragonids and uh… stuff

1 Like

Uh oh you made mom mad.

Vulpera and Kul Tiran were aberrations in the system. By and large, allied races exist to make a unique fantasy playable while utilizing existing assets. Mag’har. Nightbourne. Lightforged. Draenei. Highmountain. Dark Iron. All reskins with a unique fantasy that diverges from the originating model race.

Nah, they should’ve been the standard. It’s disgraceful that they wasted race slots on stuff like Dark Iron and Mag’har which should’ve just been Night Warrior questlines.

“Hey it’s a dwarf that’s on fire but with only 3 hair and beard options” :dracthyr_crylaugh:

2 Likes

You wouldn’t have gotten the sheer amount if they couldn’t borrow so many assets from what already existed. There’s a reason we got those races and not arrakoa, ogres, hozen, naga, and so on. If everything was to the Kul Tiran standard, we likely wouldn’t have gotten anything else.

I want those smaller murlocs as a race. mmrrgglglrlglglgrrr (sorry for swearing lol)

In Northrend, there was that bison race as well as npc that you help. They could toss them in as well.

Wasn’t there a rumor/hope of the snake people?

I’d like actual undead versions of all the races. They are all humans… where are the undead Taurens, Draenei, goblins, etc…

I’m thinking eventually we’ll get lightforged ones led by Calia and Derek that will be available to Alliance, not sure if it would be exclusively or shared with Horde.

1 Like

If you take only a cursory, vapid look at anything offered, you can boil it down like that.

Agreed. The only real ‘races’ are the Zandalari, Kul Tiran, Nightborne and Vulpera.

DiD, Mechas, Lightforged, HMT and Maghar should have been customisation questlines. Feels bad for the Alliance, sure.

They sold boxes as a feature. Making Orcs brown can’t be marketed. And they likely wouldn’t have bothered if they couldn’t financially justify it.

Low effort cashgrab races. :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

1 Like

That point of view really lacks imagination…

The Night warrior patch got plenty of people stoked and thats ‘just’ a customisation questline. Same goes for heritage armour.

Having to racechange or start a new toon of the desired ‘allied race’ actually annoyed many people. Just a hop to the barber to fix it would have made a lot more people happy.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m actually surprised that they still haven’t done that. It would be an easy way to give the horde “humans”

Yeah, they could’ve been the Alliance undead race then Horde could’ve gotten Saberon or something as the worgen race and we would’ve had complete sets. :dracthyr_a1:

1 Like

But I want the Night Elves to talk the Botani into joining the Alliance!