Get rid of these add-ons

You do realize that classic now exists because we learned from those mistakes.

1 Like

Correct. Most likely it will be in the game and none of this prelaunch freak out will be relevant.

I think that when there is less automation (teleports, dungeon finders etc) or simplification (gearscore, item acquisition) being an @sshole is harder. When you need to take time to manually find a group, ask for invite and get in location. You can gauge what people are like (how they write, what their gear looks like, how long it takes for them to get to location etc). And the fact that you get to know people on your server makes people to be on better behavior.

All those things take effort and time. More time and effort you put in to things, the more likely you are to try to stay in and not cause drama or be the “ruiner of fun”. Your reputation will follow you and if you are “that guy” it will get harder and harder to do things that require other people.

Whenever you get to play with people that stand out in positive light you tend to try and add them to form groups or even communities in future.

It’s okay. I’m just here to let people not get their hopes up. The addon isn’t staying.

2 Likes

So, it is a feature of the addon…you have to toggle it. The read it from the author of the addon. it will be a forced condition for grouping. Either show your talents or you are can’t join…we know that is what will happen.

I do appreciate you responding to me calmly and rationally. The forums have been terrible lately…me included.

That is because now you get silenced for 24 hours if the group-think mob decides they don’t like you or the fact that you typed in chat.

1 Like

Same to you. Don’t be disappointed when this addon is in the game.

And this has what to do with anything ?
The addon makes finding those wanting to run the same dungeon as you a touch quicker (not even a lot quicker just a little) . Nothing More, Nothing Less. You still need to invite, get to instance etc.

Same old 5 defenders going strong lol. So much despair!

1 Like

Clue me in because I have no idea what you mean when you say LFG addon. Do you mean an auto-group dungeon finder type situation, or the LFG concept in which you’re manually picking players from a list that they put themselves on?

Because, and tell me if I’m wrong, I remember that kind of thing existing in Vanilla/BC/pre-dungeon finder in WotLK and it never affected the game to the extent you’re making it sound.

In what world would this addon ever be removed? Is it the one where it teleports you to your destination, groups you with 4 random people with just a simple click and works nearly instantly and circumvents all sense of playing with others?

Thats an imaginary world you created yourself in your head. I am STUNNED at how many people see ‘LFG’ and instantly become deaf, dumb, and blind to all else in their wildly irrational rage. You never looked at what this addon even does.

Nobody even cares if the addon’s functionality does get cancelled. It literally doesn’t matter because discord exists.

1 Like

Blizzard? Aw man

There are only two defenders that actually matter though: Omar and Brian, actual Classic devs.

1 Like

Yea I doubt this, leaving a group than finding a new one to start all over with is more inconvenient than working with your current group imo. Not like they get teleported out when they leave like in retail to continue doing what they were doing until the que pops and it teleports you to the dungeon.

Ya, I watched it, and it is not what you think, You are assuming much padawan.

Not assuming anything. They’ve got the Classic API where they want it. They’ve known about this addon for a while. And now two Classic devs say that addons are fine as long as they don’t play the game for you (with good ol’ one click Decursive being the example they used a few minutes before where I linked).

2 Likes

Why would you? People rarely talk in retail dungeons anymore. It’s an Aoe grind where someone will occasionally tell someone else how bad they suck right before kicking them. Then they return to silence and leave when the dungeon is complete. Rarely saying good job everyone, or anything resembling a thanks to everyone involved helping you complete the dungeon. What was once common practice is now alien. Someone did a small case study on the forum a few days ago in which they queues up for like 15 dungeons just to test this and it didn’t disappoint when it came to the anti social behavior in today’s game where social interaction is not necessary and in a lot of cases ostracized.

1 Like

Am I finally part of the blessed few or do I need to post more?

We shall see but the closer to early WOW we get the better.

Except people won’t leave? Or are you just oblivious to the fact that you’ll only be interacting with people on your server, and abandoning groups will garner you a reputation as someone who is unreliable?

Because that’s a thing that existed back then. You couldn’t leave groups unless you wanted to be known on your server as the guy who constantly bailed when things got tough.