Get rid of these add-ons

Get rid of these add-ons that remove the spirit of old school community driven gameplay. There’s no arguing. We all know that retail contains features that resemble some of the more sophisticated add-ons that are being discussed in the forums for classic wow relaunch.

If you want classic to remain classic, put your foot down. Screw the backlash from the add-on crowd. If they want to play a game that plays itself via add-ons then they can play retail.

If you guys would listen to this core group of old school players who are so stranded in this drought of MMORPGs, we would stay. If you allow players to run rampant with retail behavior you will find yourself repeating history & classic will lose its vanilla touch and no one will stay.

You realize we aren’t nitpicky? We have played all the other available MMOs. They all have features/add-ons that let the game play itself while you idle at the keyboard. We have tried everything else available. We are convinced the only game we can play more than a day is an old school MMORPG. Throw us a bone, keep classic really tedious, really time consuming, really annoying. Or you know, let a LFG dungeon finder auto group us because the retail playerbase literally is foreign to the concept of chatting with other players.

Downtime is an important ingredient to a game that intends to be an immersive world. If you constantly are gogogo, PvP, gathering, questing, while your add-on removes the downtime required to find like-minded players for whatever content you’re tackling.- that EFFECTIVELY removes a social aspect of the game. Having to take a moment to stop, communicate, and put together a group, that downtime isn’t OMG SO FUN but it makes the group experience that much better. It adds to the game. Downtime is required to stop and appreciate the game as a world.

All of you players that want no downtime you’re 100% the cancer of MMOs. You belong in single player games or lobby based PvP games.

85 Likes

So, you’re saying that once we’re in group. We’ll never speak as we travel to the dungeon? We’ll never coordinate inside the dungeon?

:roll_eyes:

7 Likes

You do realize… nearly all of the addons discussed existed in vanilla?

#nochanges

18 Likes

Daily LFG addon post #299834, let’s see how this one plays out.

12 Likes

This is a fresh and exciting topic.

11 Likes

All you retail players killed the game and here you are trying to kill classic.

If retail has a feature that’s widely condemned by the classic community. Why would that feature be allowed in classic? It defies logic. GTFO.

18 Likes

I agree. No LFG, No Quest helpers, NO boss mods (yes I realize they existed, but they ruin the game).

Please blizzard, dont let the weak ruin a great game!

10 Likes

Really? How would you guys feel if we bombarded the retail forums saying we need to ban flying, LFD, sharding?

4 Likes

I would be fine with all of that, LFD is not LFG. I hate sharding and flying hurts wpvp.

The point is the fact that they are dismissing something they don’t even understand. They ONLY know add-ons auto finding groups. Anyone from late wrath & on has no idea how to organically put together a group. They automatically default to NEEDING this add-on.

It’s ugly!!! Play the game! Try it the old way! Maybe you’ll see WHY the game became so successful before blizzard sold out making wow a Facebook game to accrue more subs from a wider audience.

4 Likes

I still think you’re overreacting, it’ll most likely get broken anyway.

2 Likes

I support addons. They existed hefore TBC. And so did this witchhunt.

7 Likes

Because those add ons where in classic?

To remove those add ons would go be to remove the authentic vanilla experience.

3 Likes

You realize, the more you complain about this and keep making new threads, the more you’re advertising it so everybody knows about it.

Besides, there are like 4700 downloads from Curseforge, and another 7400 downloads from WoW Interface. That’s like 12,000 downloads across, what 14 servers? So, 800 - 900 people on your server might use this and they’re not all even going to on at the same time most likely, so we’re talking a few hundred people per server that might possibly give it a try with somewhere between 10k - 50K server population.

Doesn’t seem like such a huge issue to me.

Move along and find a new topic to rant about until Monday night.

10 Likes

Daaaamn kiiids get off ma laaaaawn XD

3 Likes

flying is already out of the expansion for most of its content, LFD isn’t the same as LFG (one auto groups you with people outside of your realm and teleports you to the instance while the other shows you people interested in the activity you listed) and sharding has always been bad so yeah get rid of it.

Insta groups and summoning made dungeon grouping easier but they also removed an important part of the game for the sake of convenience.
Getting everyone to group up before you went to the instance was important so that you didn’t end up getting ganked along the way. It’s why people would consider taking a Warlock aside from their devlish good looks.
Talking to friends before you made a group and asking if they knew anyone who was interested in joining made things more community based instead of just clicking a button. They would beg in guild and get geared players to join and then you got know different people in the realm.
Progress for the sake of convenience is not always the best and i hope players will realise this.

1 Like

ANOTHER addons thread? /yawn

Wow players be like " If I can’t say “DM?” the entire social experience is dead!

9 Likes

Do you have any evidence to actually back up that claim?

They where widespread. And people complained about them then as much as they are now but, gasp. Blizzard allowed them.

1 Like