Get rid of these add-ons

Aside from endgame mythics, yep. Communication is not required in the slightest. In fact, I have tried to initiate conversation with others and was told to “s-t-f-u”.

Actually I lied. BG’s sometimes have players coordinating with each other.

I shall teach you the ways of the fact staters young grasshopper.

Wait that tells me nothing. Are you Pro-LFG addons with reasonable limits such as parsing chats for us and providing easy invite buttons. Or are you Pro-LFG addons in any shape. Or are you against LFG addons. Because everyone here has treated their side as fact.

1 Like

Blizzard can’t break every addon. People need to realize it’s not 2004. People make their own addons and are much better at it now than they were 15 years ago. Get over it.

I am pro fact.
Fact : this addon exists.
Fact : there is no automation
Fact : this addon is fine
Fiction : everything in the Asmon video

1 Like

I don’t know about that last line, didn’t watch any Asmon clips recently but he’s a pretty funny guy. But okay yeah I support you then

I don’t understand why you keep sharing this it doesn’t prove what you are saying. Any LFG addon that is set up to not talk to other LFG addons meets the qualifications of acceptable from that clip. Literally one feature (that might not even be in the LFG addon) getting removed doesn’t hurt me that was the feature I least planned to use.

Edit: See confirmation bias.

Don’t worry about it. He has basically gone into denial at this point.

Only thing left to do is wait and play the game.

Technically, having addons come out for people to complain about is very authentic lol.

4 Likes

I never stated what I am pro or against. I simply provided a factual link. You are the one who is being combative, argumentative, and obtuse. You say I’m biased with no proof of bias. If you can’t comprehend what Ion and Omar have stated, then you have no hope. Which is why you are being returned to mute.

1 Like

see I only state provable things as fact based on the statements of the person that actually wrote the addon.
I state fiction as fiction based on the fact that I don’t think I’ll see a lot of Dark Iron dwarves in Classic.

How about YOU gtfo and stop worrying about what other people do? Addons were in the game and will still be in the game. As long as the system is chat only and doesn’t automatically teleport people to an instance then nobody cares. Maybe classic isn’t for you? Try pservers. They can customize your needs however you want.

1 Like

I am not being combative or obtuse. I have not called people names and I am not intentionally misrepresenting your position in order to strengthen my argument. I am being argumentative in the sense that I have made assertions and attempted to back them up, which is the main reason I am posting on the forums. I say you are biased because you have stated that this addon will get broken as a fact then linked a speech where no one says “ClassicLFG will be broken”. At best your video proves the addon will be broken assuming we first assume that the spirit of vanilla is the same thing for you as it is for Ion. And second assume that this addon then violates the spirit that you agree on. I would understand it breaking the spirit of Vanilla if it meant you never had to chat with other people because it just adds other users of the addon. But that is not how it functions, it posts a message and then people respond to you whether you read them or not.

Im against it, but judging by the paranoia of its use it seems like a large portion of the classic community secretly wants it too.

2 Likes

denying and arguing against what the devs have stated about this very issue, is precisely being combative and obtuse. I personally do not believe that this addon will be game breaking myself. I do not care if people choose to use it, if it were available. This topic is being blown out of proportion. I will stand by my understanding that the add on will not be emulating the modern lfg, as it has been said over and over again that those qol features not intended for classic will be deliberately broken. If I am wrong, then a month from now you are welcome to come back and say nanny nanny boo boo you were wrong and I was right, then pat yourself on the back. I will accept that. But until then I’m going with the facts have been stated by the classic developers.

2 Likes

We wouldn’t notice. There are already threads about those subjects almost daily.

3 Likes

Okay I will admit one of my problems is the need for exactness. For instance if you are going to say someone said something I would like to see or hear the quote too. Frankly I ain’t worried about the addon because I know it won’t be broken. What bothers me the most about these threads is that people keep saying “Classic developers have stated xyz” and it is not true. No dev has ever gone on record saying xyz. In this case you are pointing to the developers speaking about an ideology and using it to say “they believe in the spirit of classic wow so they have said this addon will not be allowed” and that is misinformation if framed in the best light and outright lying if framed in the worst light

Hey retail players - you didn’t know Vanilla and here you are trying to tell those of us who were there how to play our game. I want my addons. I had them in Vanilla. The game was created with the framework to allow and encourage players to create addons. Stop trying to bring your retail issues over into Classic.

Than why the hell are you even arguing…